Loving Vincent (Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #72) (The Blu Collection) [Korea]

Added to Calendar: 11-30-18

Flloydo

Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Is this the one where every frame is a painting?
Yeah

“Each of the film's 65,000 frames is an oil painting on canvas, using the same technique as Van Gogh, created by a team of over 100 painters.”

• Informative
Reactions: dfoles

Flloydo

Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Seriously....no NICE GUYS steelbook is just weird. What the hell?
Completely agree. Such a great film and good potential for steel and slip art

I assume it’s not happening

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
But NOBODY is doing one? There has got to be some deeper reason for that.
Yep, it's pretty crazy when you think about... they only seem to give Shane Black's crap films (Iron Man 3 and The Predator) the steel treatment, whilst his good ones (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and The Nice Guys) get ignored. :bored:

But anyway, back on topic... I just noticed this is now on Netflix UK, so I'll definitely be giving it a watch soon!

Reactions: C.C. 95
Feb 16, 2018
New Zealand
Would definitely be worth owning. Still can't believe this amazing achievement of art lost the Oscar to the annual "pretty good" Pixar flick.
Yeah I’m with you on that one. While certainly not as accessible as Pixar, the artistry in Loving Vincent is simply breathtaking. And I haven’t even watched the full movie.

Reactions: Paperinukke
Feb 1, 2017
Two slips repeat the steelbook’s design and one is just a colorful starscape? Couple that with the likely matte steelbook (as their last two were) and I’ll give this a pass. Try harder, Blu Collection.

• Informative
Reactions: K.i.T