Loving Vincent (Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #72) (The Blu Collection) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: November 30, 2018
Purchase links: Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular (Pre-order November 7 at 2 PM KoreaTime)
Price: $37.99 (Full Slip A & B) - $38.99 (Lenticular)
Group Buy: Hosted by cooey ONE CLICK - FULL SLIP A - FULL SLIP B - LENTICULAR

Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular

44756314_1084937061687374_6433611622131957760_o.jpg 44751838_1084937311687349_3852492803024093184_o.jpg 43471357_1084937418354005_7194903324196339712_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, sorry for bumping this thread, but I was wondering which is the edition to go for. I got an offer of €100 for the blue fullslip and an offer of €65 for the lenti. €65 is a much better price in my opinion but the general opinion on here seems to be that the fullslip is much better. For the people that own one or more slips, I would like to know your opinions, which one should I go for? Which offer gives me the best bang for my buck? Thanks in advance and again sorry for disrupting the thread:)
not to be a deliberate contrarian, but i have the lenti and it's really beautiful in hand. :wow: the face transitions very smoothly from an almost b+w photo image through to brushstroked artwork as used in the film. i have not seen any of the other editions in hand, so cannot directly compare, but the photos i have seen have not convinced me i'd want one of the others (although i'll admit the blue slip looks nice). :thumbs:

Thanks a lot! That edition might be a really good option. I really like the movie, but I'm not sure if I like it enough to pay €100 for it. And €30 isn't bad at all.
I have the OC, single steelbook and the creative edition.
IMO the original blue FS is the king! I never get tired of looking at it but I will admit the creative is beautiful as well, especially for the price.

I was surprised by the brown FS since it does have a nice finish front and back too and the back of the lenti is nothing to scoff at either.

I'm a full slip collector so I can't really comment on the lenti. Its ultimately up to you but the creative it a decent choice since the blue FS doesn't go up on ebay very often and is normally £75+ if it does.
I tried to attach some pics but the files are too big.
Good luck! Check Wpung on ebay he normally has stock of the creative editions bud.

The Creative Edition is also still available at KimchiDVD and Novamedia. @zeebeer

As for the original question: I only have the blue FS, but I know both the other editions from friends. I'm not a big fan of the second (brownish) FS, but it has got fantastic details. I especially like the backside with canvas being "stapled" onto the frame. Quite convincing. The lenti's great, too. I wouldn't have thought the effect worked so well, but it does. Nevertheless, the blue FS reigns supreme, and I wouldn't trade it for any of the other editions.

not to be a deliberate contrarian, but i have the lenti and it's really beautiful in hand. :wow: the face transitions very smoothly from an almost b+w photo image through to brushstroked artwork as used in the film. i have not seen any of the other editions in hand, so cannot directly compare, but the photos i have seen have not convinced me i'd want one of the others (although i'll admit the blue slip looks nice). :thumbs:
I have the OC, single steelbook and the creative edition.
IMO the original blue FS is the king! I never get tired of looking at it but I will admit the creative is beautiful as well, especially for the price.

I was surprised by the brown FS since it does have a nice finish front and back too and the back of the lenti is nothing to scoff at either.

I'm a full slip collector so I can't really comment on the lenti. Its ultimately up to you but the creative it a decent choice since the blue FS doesn't go up on ebay very often and is normally £75+ if it does.
I tried to attach some pics but the files are too big.
Good luck! Check Wpung on ebay he normally has stock of the creative editions bud.
The Creative Edition is also still available at KimchiDVD and Novamedia. @zeebeer

As for the original question: I only have the blue FS, but I know both the other editions from friends. I'm not a big fan of the second (brownish) FS, but it has got fantastic details. I especially like the backside with canvas being "stapled" onto the frame. Quite convincing. The lenti's great, too. I wouldn't have thought the effect worked so well, but it does. Nevertheless, the blue FS reigns supreme, and I wouldn't trade it for any of the other editions.
Thanks for your opinions guys, you're being really helpful :) :thumbs:

I am going to re-watch the film tonight. I'll get the chance to see the lenti in hand later this week, if I like it enough I am going with that one. If the movie is a (slight) disappointment upon the re-watch I will probably go with the cheap creative edition. The fullslip looks incredible but I really can't afford that right now. Just bought some expensive stuff so the funds are a bit tight right now. Thanks again yall

Hi everyone, sorry for bumping this thread, but I was wondering which is the edition to go for. I got an offer of €100 for the blue fullslip and an offer of €65 for the lenti. €65 is a much better price in my opinion but the general opinion on here seems to be that the fullslip is much better. For the people that own one or more slips, I would like to know your opinions, which one should I go for? Which offer gives me the best bang for my buck? Thanks in advance and again sorry for disrupting the thread:)

Let me know if you are going for the lenti or not, if not I will gladly take it :naughty:

Reactions: zeebeer
always nice to see people helping each other.... #SARCASM. Did you really? :wtf:

Yes, I did, but I'm not quite sure why that is a problem. I have the 1/4 slip, which I love, but wanted to upgrade for a while and if you read what @zeebeer wrote above in post #226, this doesn't seem like I stole it from him or something. Weird response, mate!

Reactions: Hereticz
Yes, I did, but I'm not quite sure why that is a problem. I have the 1/4 slip, which I love, but wanted to upgrade for a while and if you read what @zeebeer wrote above in post #226, this doesn't seem like I stole it from him or something. Weird response, mate!

Reactions: wojo134
HH posted it in a public forum (with no tag). It’s not like anyone who wanted it was gona stop themselves and go, “oh wait, zeebeer wanted this”!

Especially when it’s 1 copy lol

And even if they were tagged it’s lot like they might see it straight away. Possibly Days if the member isn’t that active.