Amazon.co.uk - £19.99
Zavvi.com - £19.99

61qrBkuQZcL._SL1040_.jpg

81mEc3iK-YL._SL1500_.jpg

71nCKQWN2xL._SL1040_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Really looking forward to seeing this and i quite like the look of the art

I'll wait for the price to come down quite a bit tho

Haha no way! I was literally in the middle of making a steelbook concept with those exact same poster images. :LOL:

Looks very nice anyway. Can't wait to check the film out!

Reactions: lolwut and luke98
Saw this today - on screen was so dark and I was tired I dozed off a bit, I think it was good, but then when they spoke in soliloquies and such I was like 'eh what's he saying, who doth thy what?'

Like it a lot but it's way too expensive for a single steel with not much other design features (like lenti, embossing etc). When it gets to more reasonable 15.99, might get it :)

I saw this today at my local cinema. An impressive effort from the little known director, Justin Kurzel. It's certainly a very cinematic adaptation for the present day, with first class performances from the two leads, Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard.

Shakespeare's play is, of course, rather long so it has been condensed somewhat for the cinema, not only here but in all other adaptations as well. The most significant change in the new film is that the role Lady Macbeth is somewhat diminished.

There is also some tinkering with the original text which won't please the purists.

The biggest problem for me were the broad Scottish accents used, with varying success, by most of the cast and which rendered some of the dialogue incomprehensible. I speak as a person whose mother tongue is English, and who studied "Macbeth" in depth as a set play for my English Literature GCE exam many years ago, which will provide some idea of what I'm getting at. Ironically, the person whom I could understand perfectly was Marion Cotillard, who hails from France!

In spite of these drawbacks, it's still well worth seeing and I'll certainly be treating myself to this Steelbook. Hopefully, the disc will come with English subtitles.

For aficionados of Shakespeare on film, this latest version of "Macbeth" doesn't supersede the classic adaptations of Orson Welles (1948/1952) or Roman Polanski (1971). Rather, it complements them. I wouldn't want to be without any of these films in my collection.

PS @C.C. 95 You need to go and see this.