Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 14th, 2015
Purchase link: Amazon.fr
Price: EUR 29.99

911kQmQF5cL._SY679_-2.jpg

Last edited:
I Just received this today, on the jcard it says that this version also has Dolby atmos. Now I'm unsure if I need to swap discs? Was the french jcard incorrect?

Thanks

I believe the 2D disc has Atmos but the 3D hasn't, I've not got round to watching it but I'm show that's the reason I swapped the 3D disc over.

I Just received this today, on the jcard it says that this version also has Dolby atmos. Now I'm unsure if I need to swap discs? Was the french jcard incorrect?

Thanks
I believe the 2D disc has Atmos but the 3D hasn't, I've not got round to watching it but I'm show that's the reason I swapped the 3D disc over.
All tracks are DolbyAtmos (both ENG/FRE with lossless DDTrueHD7.1 core on 2D disc, while on 3D disc ENG track got lossy DD+7.1 core)

If you have a DA compatible AVR then you'll have all DA tracks, but the ENG one on 3D disc COULD be worse than the one on the 2D disc, because of the lossy core (less dynamics, bass not so powerful, etc.)

If you don't have a DolbyAtmos compatible AVR, then
1) when you play the 3D disc the ENG track will be a lossy DD+7.1 (FRE in DDTrueHD7.1)
2) when you play the 2D disc the ENG/FRE track will be a lossless DDTrueHD7.1

Same as the german release (ENG/GER tracks)
UK release got ENG DolbyAtmos-DDTrueHD7.1 core on 3D disc too, that's why it's better

Last edited:
Reactions: .Lethal
All tracks are DolbyAtmos (both ENG/FRE with lossless DDTrueHD7.1 core on 2D disc, while on 3D disc ENG track got lossy DD+7.1 core)

If you have a DA compatible AVR then you'll have all DA tracks, but the ENG one on 3D disc COULD be worse than the one on the 2D disc, because of the lossy core (less dynamics, bass not so powerful, etc.)

If you don't have a DolbyAtmos compatible AVR, then
1) when you play the 3D disc the ENG track will be a lossy DD+7.1 (FRE in DDTrueHD7.1)
2) when you play the 2D disc the ENG/FRE track will be a lossless DDTrueHD7.1

Same as the german release (ENG/GER tracks)
UK release got ENG DolbyAtmos-DDTrueHD7.1 core on 3D disc too, that's why it's better

OK thanks for that, so it's all about the 3D disc then.

I do have a DA AV Receiver btw, just got one yesterday which is why I asked haha

wonderful film. Do you recommend me to see the older films of mad Max?

Mad Max 2, The Road Warrior, is a must watch. It's really one big chase scene, not unlike Fury Road. If you're going to watch it, you might as well watch all three. The first one was super low budget and not particularly well made, but set the stage for the next two. Beyond Thunderdome is also a must watch, if only to see Tina Turner do her post-apocalyptic thing. :rofl:

Mad Max 2, The Road Warrior, is a must watch. It's really one big chase scene, not unlike Fury Road. If you're going to watch it, you might as well watch all three. The first one was super low budget and not particularly well made, but set the stage for the next two. Beyond Thunderdome is also a must watch, if only to see Tina Turner do her post-apocalyptic thing. :rofl:
All right. I will follow your advice. I asked because I read that the older are so bad...but if fury roa is magnificent, at least for me, the others can't be so bad. Thanks