Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: September 1st, 2015
Purchase link: Best Buy
Group buy: apsmith21
Price: $19.99

Mad Max_Best Buy Steelbook.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone out there that can help with the group buy, give me a shout. I scrounged up some copies at a few stores, but still short for my requesting list - don't even have a copy for myself yet.

Thanks in advance

Anyone out there that can help with the group buy, give me a shout. I scrounged up some copies at a few stores, but still short for my requesting list - don't even have a copy for myself yet.

Thanks in advance

Wow, I think it is only fair that you should obtain a copy for yourself for going through the hassle and trouble of driving different stores trying to get copies for us all (you are of course more than welcome to have mine :thumbs:)

Bestbuy was sold out of them when i tried yesterday. Didn't even get any for sale in store they were sold out at launch. Oh well,. just going to wait and see if something better comes along.

What I nightmare this was. Preordered weeks ago but store didn't get enough to fill preorders so I was told I was out of luck. Luckily they found one at another store and they were nice enough to hold it for me. Was their last one too.

Every store around me didn't even put one on the shelf. However best buy employees are listing stacks of them on eBay for 80 bucks.

After reading several horror stories over at forumblu I decided to leave work and hit up the closest BB before they opened. Got lucky and picked up 1. Good thing too as the other store where I preordered from a card was not in stock.

Reactions: dfoles
Looks like it's again available for shipping on the Bestbuy website.

Pay 24 for this or wait for a better version from Asia? That is the question.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: apsmith21
Walked into BBY at lunch yesterday and the shelves were cleared out. I asked a sales rep if she had any Mad Max Steelbooks left, her response was "What's a steelbook?" After explaining what it was she said "that sounds neat" and then went and asked some other rep and they went back behind the counter and brought one to me. Why does it always have to be so difficult at Best Buy and why are they hiding them?!

Every store around me didn't even put one on the shelf. However best buy employees are listing stacks of them on eBay for 80 bucks.

And how exactly do you know they are employees of Best Buy? They could have easily just ordered them on line and had them shipped to their homes...which is what I will be doing from now on with EVERY BB steel release.

Reactions: dfoles
And how exactly do you know they are employees of Best Buy? They could have easily just ordered them on line and had them shipped to their homes...which is what I will be doing from now on with EVERY BB steel release.

If you look at the guy selling them for 80 bucks. His reflection is in there steels wearing a blu shirt kinda a coincidence. Also talked to an employee from the other best buy in my area and they said they sold out about 30 mins before they opens from a couple employees buying them

• Informative
Reactions: lolwut
@apsmith21 I had pre-ordered two copies for myself...however, if you didn't get a single copy for yourself, I can ship you the extra one I have....I doubt just one from me would help with the GB!!

Thank you for the offer - I just placed an order on BB site, maybe there is hope yet! :)

Looks like it's again available for shipping on the Bestbuy website.

Pay 24 for this or wait for a better version from Asia? That is the question.

Thanks for posting this. :thumbs:

^ No worries.

Now it's unavailable for shipping again. Someone probably bought em all up. A scalper most likely.

Hopefully i don't regret NOT pulling the trigger later.

Glad I didn't go for this. The Australian futurpak is gloss finish and includes 3d disc and with shipping from JBHiFi works out cheaper than this streaky matte finish 2D steel.

Reactions: lgans316
As with everyone else, I pre-ordered weeks ago in store. Called Tuesday morning and spoke to someone who said "Yep, we have yours right here, and I'll put your name on it." Since I wasn't going to be able to be there till late. I even double verified with her that it was indeed a steelbook after she kept checking to be sure they had one for me. So I arrive in the store and they try to first tell me, no stores received any, it was "Storewide". Then they said that they only got 5 in and those were given to pre-orders. Obviously that pissed me off when I was told one had my name on it. So the supervisor said, were supposed to get 16 in tomorrow, he took down my name and assured me that I would get a call around 5pm from him when the truck arrived. Move on to the next day, and its now 7pm and I check online for giggles to see if they have in store stock. And they do! So I call the store up and ask for the person I spoke to, he's not even working that evening. Turns out their managers there with the same name, I get the one I didn't deal with the other night. He tells me that at 8pm the evening prior they were told they will NOT be getting anymore, and BestBuy Corp. has instructed anyone that pre-ordered to get $10-$20 gift cards. He also went on to check why his store had stock. He claimed that there were reported 2, but the they were "stolen". My assumption is this is his way of saying he couldn't find them. He then put some due diligence and found one at another store (he wouldn't say where), but stated it had his name and my name all over it. And that it would arrive within 5-6 days due to how they do store transfers.

So at that point that's where I stand. Next time I pre-order and call early, I'll be asking to speak to a manager for some assurance. Got nothing but lies and excuses, ended up putting them in there place with proper info.

^ No worries.

Now it's unavailable for shipping again. Someone probably bought em all up. A scalper most likely.

Hopefully i don't regret NOT pulling the trigger later.

Ha ha that was me. After I placed a couple of orders for the GB it went OOS on the site.

However, they are on "backorder" so no guarantee they will ship.

I've hedged my bets between the in store order and the online ones, so hopefully something comes through for
all the requested copies I have (which is actually small for my normal GB load).

As with everyone else, I pre-ordered weeks ago in store. Called Tuesday morning and spoke to someone who said "Yep, we have yours right here, and I'll put your name on it." Since I wasn't going to be able to be there till late. I even double verified with her that it was indeed a steelbook after she kept checking to be sure they had one for me. So I arrive in the store and they try to first tell me, no stores received any, it was "Storewide". Then they said that they only got 5 in and those were given to pre-orders. Obviously that pissed me off when I was told one had my name on it. So the supervisor said, were supposed to get 16 in tomorrow, he took down my name and assured me that I would get a call around 5pm from him when the truck arrived. Move on to the next day, and its now 7pm and I check online for giggles to see if they have in store stock. And they do! So I call the store up and ask for the person I spoke to, he's not even working that evening. Turns out their managers there with the same name, I get the one I didn't deal with the other night. He tells me that at 8pm the evening prior they were told they will NOT be getting anymore, and BestBuy Corp. has instructed anyone that pre-ordered to get $10-$20 gift cards. He also went on to check why his store had stock. He claimed that there were reported 2, but the they were "stolen". My assumption is this is his way of saying he couldn't find them. He then put some due diligence and found one at another store (he wouldn't say where), but stated it had his name and my name all over it. And that it would arrive within 5-6 days due to how they do store transfers.

So at that point that's where I stand. Next time I pre-order and call early, I'll be asking to speak to a manager for some assurance. Got nothing but lies and excuses, ended up putting them in there place with proper info.

I think the best way to ensure a copy on the next BB exclusive would be to always do an online order - in store pickup or ship to you, really your preference, but I think the pre-order card thing is a fiasco and should be avoided at all costs...

Imagine if this happened for Avengers? I mean....SHEESH, that would be a blood bath, especially given the quantity that we know Best Buy and Disney are likely to crank out for that one!

Imagine if this happened for Avengers? I mean....SHEESH, that would be a blood bath, especially given the quantity that we know Best Buy and Disney are likely to crank out for that one!

Which is exactly why I cancelled my In-Store preorder and placed an order for Ship to home. Even if it's $29.99 currently, I'll just go get a price adjustment during release week and be happy to actually have received it.