Maleficent (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Dec 13, 2018
Release date: November 4, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order live on Saturday August 17 from 6 PM UK time)
Price: £27.99

12252364-3054697589512463.jpg

12252364-3944697589382593.jpg 12252364-3784697589256416.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This was sort of inevitable with the second one coming out in the cinema soon. Nice artwork mind

Now the question is: will this have the same awesome treatment as the original 2D/3D steelbook? :D:D
BTW, the back is better for sure :giggle:

OOPS my bad sorry it should read are we getting a black steel again or the white one which we thought we were getting last time. :confused:

Black it was but stunning too although the back is from the Eureka/ALITA school of design as in "put something special on the front and you don't have to bother about the back" ...
1565888168135.png

... and is one of very few WWA steelbooks with twinbossing.

Luckily the new one is coming from a different design school of thought with proper (and delightful) art on the back but whether the front will receive the same classy finish/treatment as the former is a good question . . . title missing on the front could be considered the only negative.

Last edited:
Reactions: K.i.T
Wow, that white art brings back some memories

Another classic ‘zavvi fuccked up’ story. One of the originals lol

Could have a published novel of shorts with all their shenanigans so far

Wow, that white art brings back some memories

Another classic ‘zavvi fuccked up’ story. One of the originals lol

Could have a published novel of shorts with all their shenanigans so far
Talking of which, have you seen they're now charging £9.99 for a 'premium/VIP' access to their site? Amongst the discounts offered, they're also letting people pre order steelbooks early which I personally think is a pretty deplorable tactic as I know there will be people who sign up to the 'service' based on that.

Just when you thought they couldn't get any worse.....

Reactions: Flloydo
Talking of which, have you seen they're now charging £9.99 for a 'premium/VIP' access to their site? Amongst the discounts offered, they're also letting people pre order steelbooks early which I personally think is a pretty deplorable tactic as I know there will be people who sign up to the 'service' based on that.

Just when you thought they couldn't get any worse.....

Yeah man. It’s ridiculous. It’s been mentioned in the U.K. brightburn thread

Reactions: Andycadle84
Yeah man. It’s ridiculous. It’s been mentioned in the U.K. brightburn thread
Greed. I mean, people who use Zavvi frequently enough will possibly get their moneys worth but cant remember the last time I brought an in stock steelbook from them (seeing as you don't get discounts on pre orders), and never purchased clothing or merchandise from them. Just hope this doesn't affect collectors who have no intention on signing up to the service.....

Greed. I mean, people who use Zavvi frequently enough will possibly get their moneys worth but cant remember the last time I brought an in stock steelbook from them (seeing as you don't get discounts on pre orders), and never purchased clothing or merchandise from them. Just hope this doesn't affect collectors who have no intention on signing up to the service.....

I use them a lot. They break me but they sell the stuff I like but I don’t agree with this new tactic. I think shipping should be free for orders over £10 anyway.

Time will tell if this will work for them or not. I’ve seen them fail at a few ideas so I can’t see this being any different

so let me get this straight, they are basically reprinting the old steel but switching in a 4k disk instead? I wouldn't buy this. if they do this for the entire line up for 4k Disney steels, I will save a lot of money. I would only buy those editions I missed out on first time around.

so let me get this straight, they are basically reprinting the old steel but switching in a 4k disk instead? I wouldn't buy this. if they do this for the entire line up for 4k Disney steels, I will save a lot of money. I would only buy those editions I missed out on first time around.
It's not the exact same steelbook

4K Steelbook same previous front artwork but has differences
No title on the front
Artwork on the back

Previous steelbook had embossed title on front and no artwork on the back

• Helpful Post
Reactions: levi