Maleficent (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Dec 13, 2018
Release date: November 4, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order live on Saturday August 17 from 6 PM UK time)
Price: £27.99

12252364-3054697589512463.jpg

12252364-3944697589382593.jpg 12252364-3784697589256416.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Amongst the discounts offered, they're also letting people pre order steelbooks early which I personally think is a pretty deplorable tactic as I know there will be people who sign up to the 'service' based on that.
Do we know this for sure?

All they've said so far is 'early access'. That could just mean access to info/artwork/live times for all we know.....

Do we know this for sure?

All they've said so far is 'early access'. That could just mean access to info/artwork/live times for all we know.....
I believe it's purely for advertising purposes. Customers will get early emails before others about new releases and offers etc. No mention of pre-ordering steelbooks before other people.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Done. I don’t have this. Also £2.80 off with Red Carpet thingy. Also got a t shirt for £5. Seems pretty good so far for £9.99 a year.

Reactions: St4rlord
Red Carpet for those based in UK that order regularly from Zavvi be good as you get free shipping on all in stock items not just steelbooks
So if you use zavvi a lot for range of products you will save money

Red Carpet similar to amazon prime but it's not as good as amazon prime gives you a lot more in terms of video and music on demand not just free shipping

Those based outside UK though Red Carpet will be not of much use as free shipping is UK only

10% discount is for in stock items and likely will not apply to pre orders

Just tested
If your address is outside UK you can't complete checkout to subscribe to red carpet
Confirmed Red Carpet is UK only
Sorry, we are unable to send these items to your chosen delivery address. Please remove the items from your basket.

What’s happening with the link?
I know it shouldn’t be live for ordering yet, but not either for viewing it?
The link brings just the “generic” default Zavvi’s webpage.
Could be due to the red carpet subscription thing? It might be live for red carpet members but not for the rest until 6pm tomorrow night causing the link to come come up as generic fault? I could be talking crap still not sure how the red carpet thing works yet

What’s happening with the link?
I know it shouldn’t be live for ordering yet, but not either for viewing it?
The link brings just the “generic” default Zavvi’s webpage.
The link is actually live, but only for members of zavvis Red Carpet subscribers.....if you are a member and log in to zavvi, the item is available to pre-order, but it shows nothing if your not. This follks is a sign of things to come. I joined to see what possible benefits it may show, but apart from free delivery, none of the discount codes work on this. I wonder what will happen when this goes to be available to everyone tomorrow ?, will the usual discount apply. Will be interesting to see......

I’m impressed, zavvi are getting a lot of backlash on twitter for this red carpet rubbish. Zavvi haven’t actually announced it on their twitter which I find odd (like they know they will get sh!t for it) but if you search the word ‘zavvi’ and not actually click on their twitter page you will see lots of people complaining

It'll be sold out to all the scalpers by then!!! :p
Not with this release but that could very likely happen with high demand marvel releases if print run is less than usual
Examples recent Iron Man/Thor/Captain America 4K Steelbooks

Scalpers subscribed to red carpet will be getting early access to high demand releases that are very limited causing very little stock left over for non red carpet subscribers when releases go live

Just used the red carpet 10% of everything code.

Wow, Zavvi have really pressured a few brits into this scheme.

Seriously if they have actually disabled this code that the upper class are supposed to get then, well honestly, I’m not surprised.

Also wouldn’t be surprised If in 6 months time zavvi turn round and say you can only buy steelbooks from them if you enter into their pyramid scheme in Benidorm or Magaluf.

Wow, Zavvi have really pressured a few brits into this scheme.

Seriously if they have actually disabled this code that the upper class are supposed to get then, well honestly, I’m not surprised.

Also wouldn’t be surprised If in 6 months time zavvi turn round and say you can only buy steelbooks from them if you enter into their pyramid scheme in Benidorm or Magaluf.
Code is supposed to be for instock items.
I ordered three items yesterday I was already planning to buy anyway, exclusive codes got me 10% off one and 20% off the other two plus two lots of free shipping (they're not steelbooks so would usually have had to pay). I've already saved more than the £10, if you regularly order from them it's actually a good deal.

Reactions: St4rlord and jasong