Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

frankfish44

Cule
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: January 14, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Note: Gloss with effects, debossed title.

c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: goufcustom
Looks stunning! I'm guessing the UK/EU will be getting the cheaper matte version as usual though. (n)

Looks stunning! I'm guessing the UK/EU will be getting the cheaper matte version as usual though. (n)
Maybe, or maybe their version of gloss where looks more like a sheen with brushed metal. Tho if i recall the first zavvi Maleficent steel was really good.

Reactions: Noodles
Maybe, or maybe their version of gloss where looks more like a sheen with brushed metal. Tho if i recall the first zavvi Maleficent steel was really good.
Yeah, the steel for the first film is a stunner, even without no rear art. Either way, I have my expectations set low for the UK release of this... recent Disney steels have been lacking in the finish department compared to the US versions. Still, the artwork is decent at least, which is something they have been improving on a lot lately, so I'll give them that!

@Stygian @Drum18 @kaw hey guys have you seen in hands pictures posted by @Wreck ?

Looks absolutely stunning :oohyeah: Since we don’t get this in Canada if interested @apsmith21 had opened a small Group Buy..feel free to tag fellow ninjas that I can’t seem to remember :thumbs:

I was wrong when I said we would get this one since it was Disney. So I have no idea what Best Buy Canada will be doing for steelbooks from now on. I'm only interested in 1 more Best Buy steelbook anyway and that's The Rise Of Skywalker. Hopefully we get that one.

I'm glad that you'll be getting a copy of Maleficent 2 in the group buy though. :thumbs:

Reactions: Actarus
@Stygian @Drum18 @kaw hey guys have you seen in hands pictures posted by @Wreck ?

Looks absolutely stunning :oohyeah: Since we don’t get this in Canada if interested @apsmith21 had opened a small Group Buy..feel free to tag fellow ninjas that I can’t seem to remember :thumbs:
Yeah I saw. Looks REAL good!
I'm still hoping for BBYC to get their thumb out of their ***… as it's a Disney release we ***should*** get it.

If not… well then I'm make the drive to my "closest" BBY USA store (1 hr from home).

Reactions: Actarus
if anyone else wants help with this, give me a shout, visiting my closest store on Tuesday and can get more if needed

i got mine today inside a box with bubble bags, still...it came dented and with pain chips, i also got the joker and it both separate in jiffy bags and in perfect conditions, so go figure it out lol aside of all that the steelbook is brilliant, heading tmrw morning to my local store to see if they can exchange it.

I just went to exchange my copy for one that I reserved to pick up last night thinking they won’t have any on the floor to exchange; and I was right...unfortunately the copy I reserved was damaged too so I had to return both and they were looking me like a weirdo lol they were saying that I couldn’t return Both because the discs were ok but I explained that I was paying extra for the Steelbook Not for the movie and I was expecting a good copy...in the end they did it and now that I’m trying to buy another one on their website; it won’t let do it coz of limited copies....it’s frustrating man!

Looks great with gloss and the debossed title.

watch the U.K. verison turn out to be a flat Matt piece of sh!t with spot gloss on one feather

• Haha
Reactions: tommyh84
Stopped by my local store yesterday and not a one on the shelf. Very surprised to see this out of stock