Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release Date: June 4th, 2012
Purchase link: Play.com

30899761_500x500_1.jpg

30899761_500x500_2.jpg

30899761_500x500_3.jpg

manonfiresteel.jpg

And last but certainly not least .... Man On Fire!
This is like perhaps the best steelbook wave ever? :drool:
All are standard G2/Blu-ray sized SBs, and have front / rear / interior artwork with no logos or certs printed on the covers. They will be double play (dvd & bd) on all the single films - Limited to 4,000 of each and priced very favourably!!

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 450
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 336
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 311
Last edited by a moderator:
Let's not forget that Play has the magic phoenix wand to bring anything back in stock.

I would suspect that this is sold out, considering it's been available for a while - unlike a new release like BR or Iron Man or whatever, since they turn those off early to avoid overselling.

I'll check with our sources and post back when I hear an answer.

Play.com has gotten back to us and has confirmed that it is not sold out ... I saw evidence first hand proving its 4k order and there seems to be about 890 left but Play is awaiting stock. Studio holds onto stock then sends more as it sells. Obviously not the case if something sells out at pre-order though. Just depends on how fast a title sells whether they want to get all 4k initially and store in their warehouse.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a massive pain in the arse every time this happens - this is about the 6th or 7th time I've had to go through this crap with Play. I know it's not them doing it, but it IS them selling it!

I know it's not them doing it, but it IS them selling it!

It is them doing it actually.

I used to manage a warehouse where we sold blu rays and dvds so I know exactly how it happens. The product arrives from the distributor/studio in long boxes of either 25 or 50, all stacked with their spines facing upward. All it takes is some careless numpty with a Stanley knife slitting open the box and presto - 50 scored and slashed spines. Retailers need to relay these complaints down to warehouse managers and then it wouldn't happen.

It is them doing it actually.

I used to manage a warehouse where we sold blu rays and dvds so I know exactly how it happens. The product arrives from the distributor/studio in long boxes of either 25 or 50, all stacked with their spines facing upward. All it takes is some careless numpty with a Stanley knife slitting open the box and presto - 50 scored and slashed spines. Retailers need to relay these complaints down to warehouse managers and then it wouldn't happen.

That would make sense if the slash went through the shrink wrap - but it doesn't.

Oh ok, never seen one like that. Every time I've received a scored spine it's been through the wrap too. Can't explain that one then... :dunno:

Play.com has gotten back to us and has confirmed that it is not sold out ... I saw evidence first hand proving its 4k order and there seems to be about 890 left but Play is awaiting stock. Studio holds onto stock then sends more as it sells. Obviously not the case if something sells out at pre-order though. Just depends on how fast a title sells whether they want to get all 4k initially and store in their warehouse.

Are these coming back in stock at Play? Or should I start to source this steelbook elsewhere? Your help Wreck would be appreciated.....