manny's an idiot!

Wow I thought for sure hed take that 25mil this year woulda made him 2nd highest paid in baseball this year

I just can't believe someone can turn down that kind of doe!

I agree. I dont understand him at all. At his age you'd think he was a little more mature about things. He's gonna sit there and pout over 25 million?

He's got serious issues. I'm not sure I would offer him that. He's a free agent but as soon as he get's his money he'll probably be the same ol' manny that just causes problems.

The Dodgers had already offered him 4 deals before this one that he turned down and NO other team has made him offers ... In these economic times, it's ridiculous, even for pro-athletes to refuse that type of money.

It really makes you wonder who really pulled this string, Him or his agent.

Is the agent saying "Lets say no, we can get more" or is he saying "Manny you have to take this!" ...

Its obvious tho, one of the two is entirely insane when it comes to business.

The Dodgers had already offered him 4 deals before this one that he turned down and NO other team has made him offers ... In these economic times, it's ridiculous, even for pro-athletes to refuse that type of money.

It really makes you wonder who really pulled this string, Him or his agent.

Is the agent saying "Lets say no, we can get more" or is he saying "Manny you have to take this!" ...

Its obvious tho, one of the two is entirely insane when it comes to business.

well, if his agent is that one dude (can't remember his name) that represents guys like Arod then this would make sense. That agent is more in charge than anybody. He's an a-hole.

Manny and a-rod have the same agent. Scott Boras is his name. I don't like him one bit...

You would LOVE him if he was your agent, he get's his players more money than anyone (not just the great players, but the up and coming players)

Many turned it down because it wasn't guarenteed money. The Yankess should sign him just to give a big middle finger to everyone.

Manny is an idiot that is going to be making around 50 mill of mostly guaranteed money come at least the ASB. I hate Boras but he is good at what he does.

Last edited:
Wow I don't even watch baseball and I know that's a dumb move! The guy was only here a couple of months and he was an instant fan favorite, you'd see his jersey everywhere you went, man that guys is out of his mind, I'd take 45 mil for two years lol

Wow I don't even watch baseball and I know that's a dumb move! The guy was only here a couple of months and he was an instant fan favorite, you'd see his jersey everywhere you went, man that guys is out of his mind, I'd take 45 mil for two years lol

You wouldn't think it was dumb if you were the one that was gonna be getting 5 more million in mostly guaranteed money.

You wouldn't think it was dumb if you were the one that was gonna be getting 5 more million in mostly guaranteed money.

Seriously, when it's in the 40's and 50's of millions of dollars it just seems ridiculous to hold out like that. Scott Boras will always try to get every single penny he can and that's his job, but Manny should've said yes to 45 million. The only thing I would guarantee Manny is that if you don't play to your potential and you screw around then you get nothin'.

I understand the whole, "well, I want more money" but this is ridiculous. He's not even worth that at his age. But whatever. He's still an A-HOLE in my book, now!

Last edited by a moderator:
When push comes to shove somebody will give him a bigger contract horhay. I've actually heard rumors the yankees are looking to sign him as a big F you to everyone.

I was just wondering, I mean that's a huge contract I didn't think anyone else would step up to offer more at least not for a player his age. Isn't he like 36?

he just wants a guaranteed contract so if news pops up about him and roid usage he can atleast be guaranteed that money :p

I have no idea who these poeple are but im going to say one thing. NO pro athlete should get that sort of money, i feel no way they deserve that much for what they do. :) Its just silly,makes me sick thinking about these things and dont get me started on other jobs where they take too much for what they do.

But the dude is clearly a idiot for not taking that money.

he just wants a guaranteed contract so if news pops up about him and roid usage he can atleast be guaranteed that money :p

You really think that will happen? Isn't he like a pain to manage? I still think 45 million is a lot to refuse whether is guaranteed or not. All he has to do is play ball and get his money.