Marvel Studios: The Infinity Saga (Numbered Limited Edition) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: November 15, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $549.99
Notes: Includes all 23 MCU films on Blu-ray and 4K UHD discs, an exclusive bonus disc, a Matt Ferguson lithograph, and a letter from Kevin Feige (no word yet on whether the autographs inside the set are real, but likely not).

infinity-saga-boxed-set.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Marvel Infinity.jpg
SDC_1401555_2019-16-10--12-29-25.jpg

Just been announced by Sanity for Australia release

It's only blu ray and dvd format but it appears the box is made of wood and has a proper looking lid.

Looks pretty nice and I expect the US version to be the same

Reactions: tridon and Noodles
Update, Sanity pulled the listing in Australia and now its up on JB Hi Fi, its a Blu ray/dvd set.

25 Blu rays, 23 DVDs priced at 399 Australian Dollars

Martin Scorsese, "It isn’t the cinema of human beings trying to convey emotional and psychological experiences to another human being." (04/10/19).

James Gunn (21/10/19)
1571656919817.png

Who cares what those guys think.

They came from a different era of movie making and are both legends due to that - to crap on present day movies is just poor form and looks bitter to be honest.

That said, in the past 11 years we've had probably close to 35 theatrically released superhero movies, 23 alone belong to the MCU. With statistics like that, you can't deny it's overkill. That's coming from a huge Marvel movie fan

Reactions: tridon and Noodles

They came from a different era of movie making and are both legends due to that - to crap on present day movies is just poor form and looks bitter to be honest.

That said, in the past 11 years we've had probably close to 35 theatrically released superhero movies, 23 alone belong to the MCU. With statistics like that, you can't deny it's overkill. That's coming from a huge Marvel movie fan
Glad to see someone on the same wavelength... not sure why their comments have become such a big thing to be honest, since it's just their opinion, and I'd actually be more shocked if people of their age/background did enjoy these type of movies lol.

Glad to see someone on the same wavelength... not sure why their comments have become such a big thing to be honest, since it's just their opinion, and I'd actually be more shocked if people of their age/background did enjoy these type of movies lol.

Was browsing eBay and found a couple of the pre-orders and the cheapest one is $725....

The guy that bought the box clearly not a happy bunny ...
1573832125459.png

... and although I'm not a fan of the artist kind of like the way the image looks here spread across the spines . . . digipak providing maximum space for the artwork has always been my preference (despite sometimes being a bit difficult to remove discs from hubs) and was not a happy bunny myself when Arrow begun putting Amarays instead of digipacks in their LEs:-
1573832330937.png

Pic courtesy yaritogori.

The set looks nice to me.

It's nothing more and nothing less than I expected from the mock ups except for the disc folders not having plastic holders within them. That's the only let down

Yes the spines don't look nice aligned but is that down to poor execution or the fact these were probably slapped together in a sweat house somewhere and the people doing them had thousands to do in minimal time. That said, how often is this going to be displayed with the lid off anyway?

There was room for improvement yes with both the packaging and minimal bonus content but the main selling point for me was one cohesive set with all 23 marvel cinematic universe movies housed within in 4k and I got that.

I look forwarded to receiving mine suffice to say

Who really knows? Best Buy removed the set from their website. I ordered 2 sets and they arrived this morning.
There are always cancellations and people that cant make the payments especially with an item at this cost

if i could get just these new discs with uniform artwork in a different box (like the UK sets on zavvi) i'd spring for it.
for like $200 less...because got damn, son.