Mary Poppins (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #15) [UK]

Aug 9, 2012
UK
Looks like the next one will be Mary Poppins !

Release date: March 10th, 2014
Purchase link: Mary Poppins
Price: £22.99
Notes: Spot gloss on Marry Poppins

For anyone that's missing Disney Movie Rewards points, just screenshot your order from Zavvi's website and send it over to Disney. They've already given me the 150 points that should be there :)
http://www.disneymovierewards.co.uk/member/missing-codes

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10899099-1390310999-761748.jpg

10899099-1390310999-761743.jpg

Specs:

Attachments

• mary1.jpg
    mary1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 460
Last edited by a moderator:
Mary Poppins?? If thts the case they could in theory release any old disney live action film. I presumed it was animated classics only.

Mary Poppins is a live and animated feature and its considered part of the Classic Disney Range
but yes its not part of OFFICIAL List Of Disney Animated Classics which are numbered

50th Anniversary Blu-ray Extras there are some nice extras and all previous extras included from the 45th Anniversary DVD

This is considered a Disney Classic but not considered part of OFFICIAL List Of Disney Animated Classics

Zavvi Disney Steelbook says
The Disney Collection

Last edited:

Its not officially live yet was only just listed and as usual is live for a short while and then its listed as sold out
This always happens

Its not live yet
When it goes live the price hopefully will also drop

You will see it go live officially this weekend or the following weekend

10899099-1390310999-761748.jpg

Reactions: Sinthetic
:LOL:

I watched recently Saving Mr Banks and i thought to myself, when are they going to release Marry Poppins in steelbook . :oohyeah:

Mary Poppins is a live and animated feature and its considered part of the Classic Disney Range
but yes its not part of OFFICIAL List Of Disney Animated Classics which are numbered

50th Anniversary Blu-ray Extras there are some nice extras and all previous extras included from the 45th Anniversary DVD

This is considered a Disney Classic but not considered part of OFFICIAL List Of Disney Animated Classics

Zavvi Disney Steelbook says
The Disney Collection

Absolutely. That Planes (a Disneytoons Studio release) was part of the Disney Collection was a good indication that the collection was not going to adhere strictly to Disney's Animated Classics. The films generally considered 'canon' are limited solely to the output of Walt Disney Animation Studios, a list of which can be seen here. However the 'official' list varies wildly country to country, so it was never a simple matter. Here in the UK for instance, The Wild is considered an official classic despite not being made by any Disney studio.

As paulboland says however, Mary Poppins is an excellent and well loved Disney film, and is considered to be a classic by many. I for one am glad to see it as part of this collection.

The artwork is certainly better than the Amaray case; I shall wait until I see it in hand before making final judgement... that silver/grey could go either way. Still, it's looking good so far.

Reactions: paulboland