Mary Poppins (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #15) [UK]

Aug 9, 2012
UK
Looks like the next one will be Mary Poppins !

Release date: March 10th, 2014
Purchase link: Mary Poppins
Price: £22.99
Notes: Spot gloss on Marry Poppins

For anyone that's missing Disney Movie Rewards points, just screenshot your order from Zavvi's website and send it over to Disney. They've already given me the 150 points that should be there :)
http://www.disneymovierewards.co.uk/member/missing-codes

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10899099-1390310999-761748.jpg

10899099-1390310999-761743.jpg

Specs:

Attachments

• mary1.jpg
    mary1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 465
Last edited by a moderator:
So I guess the background is just silver?

If it is, i definitely wouldn't buy it. . I don't like the look of monsters university front cover with that silver.. I'm not sure this art would suit silver either?? I may be wrong and it look amazing.. wish they'd put a detailed description out with their pre orders. . So many guessing games:ohno:

I haven't seen the film, but I imagine it to be a bit corny but touching the heart in some way. Based on that conception, they have managed to make the art somewhat cooler than I would have imagined. Good job, but will they stick with it?

After having seen Saving Mr Banks, I have a new found respect for this movie and a whole new understanding of the film. I left the theater wanting to pick up Mary Poppins, haven't seen it since I was a child, and what better way to own the film than owning it as a steelbook!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Like the look of it, but the merry go round looks out of place, like its just been dropped on without any thought. Take that off and would look lovely and clean.

No one better moan about this turning up with a silver background when its released since they clearly show what it will look like in the mock up. And please dont assume it will be a "nice gunmetal grey" or whatever. I think they actually consciously made an effort to give a truer representation in the mock up....besides the embossing lol.

With that said I think it looks nice but I wont be pre ordering

So glad i cancelled the rest of the disney collection. I was afraid they might bring out these live action turds one day and theres no way i would ever buy something like this even for a fiver.

I remember hating them as a youngster aswell when i was 5 or 6 :p

If it is, i definitely wouldn't buy it. . I don't like the look of monsters university front cover with that silver.. I'm not sure this art would suit silver either?? I may be wrong and it look amazing.. wish they'd put a detailed description out with their pre orders. . So many guessing games:ohno:

its SUPPOSED to be silver.
it comes from here
519YA5TSD7L.jpg

and it will be silver. probably zero finish, just the plain steel.

Reactions: chunk
If it's lazy art on the back and inside like the rest of the Disney "classics" then its a definite no for me. I can't justify the price either. If the back and inside look good then I may have a dabble if the price drops below £20.

Shame as I love this movie!

wow they putting live movies now in the disney collection? why was starship troopers, sixth sense and all the other disney titles not part of it? this is so random... i pass, canceled the whole disney wave now enough is enough.

Me too! I may be new to steelbook collecting, but even a noob like me can see they're over-doing it! And I hear the quality of the disney's has been very poor since the heights of Aladdin!

So glad i cancelled the rest of the disney collection. I was afraid they might bring out these live action turds one day and theres no way i would ever buy something like this even for a fiver.

I won't be buying this, but it doesn't stop me buying any of the others. The numbers are meaningless anyway, other than for the purpose of the listing on Zavvi's site.

I won't be buying this, but it doesn't stop me buying any of the others. The numbers are meaningless anyway, other than for the purpose of the listing on Zavvi's site.

The numbers arent so much a worry as the low quality for high price feature they have adopted as of late for even the GOOD titles let alone the poopoo ones.

Me too! I may be new to steelbook collecting, but even a noob like me can see they're over-doing it! And I hear the quality of the disney's has been very poor since the heights of Aladdin!

Ok guys... Mary Poppins is an absolute classic! And it is released in amaray in March so it is just absolutely logical that Zavvi, having a Disney collection, are going to release it. We have not seen yet what they have done with the february wave.. maybe it will be to the standard of Aladdin, as it is kinda in the same spirit design-wise... maybe not.
But no one forces you to buy it! in fact, please cancel or don't pre order as we will not stress anymore, prices will drop for future releases and we will be certain to have it! :))))