Release date: September 10, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £18.99
Notes: Region B locked

meet1.jpg

meet2.jpg

meet3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Strangely enough my copy arrived last week but in my account it's still saying "To be processed" like the other 8 pre-orders I have for other titles.Weird..... Normally when they send me a title it's automatically put in my finished orders and I didn't order two copies. Bwatt your best bet is get a copy ordered from someone in the UK if they'd help and get them to forward it on after checking. More expensive yes but at least if it's damaged in the UK before it has to be sent, at least it's easier for the UK buyer on your behalf to deal with.
I'm as well buy from sellers here on bay who often sell copies but are obviously much more and the reason I buy from Zavvi,often when it's are no longer available from Zavvi is a good option here or sellers drop price or eBay has promos.
But the amount I buy I say I do ok with these white boxes even though they could do better than that. Mailers on other hand is a no no.
Is this a temporary thing or something they are now using? It's not going to help me now on the few things that are already on it's way of which some can still be reordered or replaced but other can't.
I have never dealt with Zavvi on a damaged steels are they expect of me to return from way over here and at my cost? Only makes sense to replace if stock but pointless if they use same packing used.
I here they mess people around and offer silly discounts I know of people who no longer buy from Zavvi but there are many of us who still do.
But they have been in the steelbooks game a long time I remember living in the uk and when they started doing steelbook nobody else did, I have expected them to close down long ago when there stores did over there But many years later they are still around and not really improved in a lot of areas more so customers services.
I am thankful they still ship here where as Amazon dont which makes as a collector even harder now.
But regardless I still want items to arrive well packed and how they should be.
There obviously more risks in buying steels and I often sent them to a family member in uk from bay that can't get elsewhere but I could have same results I never know this till they arrive here.

I’ve sent them a message as well. Payment taken last Tuesday, no shipping email, order still says processing. I’m hoping it’ll just turn up early next week but I’m not leaving it to chance and going to hound them until it arrives.
I would not push them too much as if they have run out of boxes you get it sent in a mailer and possibly arrive damaged i suspect a few of my recent purchases will be sent that way,if your in uk then it's not so much of a hassle or less risk but sending to me overseas this mailers are just not good and the reason when amazon did ship here i stopped due to that reason.

I would not push them too much as if they have run out of boxes you get it sent in a mailer and possibly arrive damaged i suspect a few of my recent purchases will be sent that way,if your in uk then it's not so much of a hassle or less risk but sending to me overseas this mailers are just not good and the reason when amazon did ship here i stopped due to that reason.

I’ve never been lucky enough to get anything shipped from Zavvi in a box, and have had a few of my steelbooks arrived damaged. They’re always in the cardboard mailers. I don’t have anything to lose.

I’ve never been lucky enough to get anything shipped from Zavvi in a box, and have had a few of my steelbooks arrived damaged. They’re always in the cardboard mailers. I don’t have anything to lose.
I thought it was pretty standard for them to send steelbooks in them white boxes the use these days?? I have never once had anything less apart from the steelbook game which reduced in price and it arrived in a box you would put a boxset in,i thought i had ordered something and forgot what it was but was a steelbook of all things.

I thought it was pretty standard for them to send steelbooks in them white boxes the use these days?? I have never once had anything less apart from the steelbook game which reduced in price and it arrived in a box you would put a boxset in,i thought i had ordered something and forgot what it was but was a steelbook of all things.

White boxes? Must be nice. This year I’ve ordered four times from them - each of the newest additions to the Studio Ghibli steelbook line. Each time they came in cardboard mailers 10-20 days after being shipped. Got lucky as only one of them was damaged.

I don't know what's going on with zavvi these days.
Money for The Robinsons was taken 10 days ago. Yet, no despatch email, no move on my zavvi account and no reception.
I sent a message 3 days ago and no answer. They usually answered within 1-2 days max.

Hope i'll receive it but it is not reassuring :watch:

I’ve sent them a message as well. Payment taken last Tuesday, no shipping email, order still says processing. I’m hoping it’ll just turn up early next week but I’m not leaving it to chance and going to hound them until it arrives.

Hi, me too on the site was not sent, but I arrived yesterday

I don't know what's going on with zavvi these days.
Money for The Robinsons was taken 10 days ago. Yet, no despatch email, no move on my zavvi account and no reception.
I sent a message 3 days ago and no answer. They usually answered within 1-2 days max.

Hope i'll receive it but it is not reassuring :watch:

Hi, me too on the site was not sent, but I arrived yesterday

Damaged

White boxes? Must be nice. This year I’ve ordered four times from them - each of the newest additions to the Studio Ghibli steelbook line. Each time they came in cardboard mailers 10-20 days after being shipped. Got lucky as only one of them was damaged.

Every single order I've had from Zavvi over the past 4 years have all be in those white cardboard boxes. Doesn't mater if it's a steelbook or regular blu-ray. All the same.

Haven’t received my latest batch of steelbooks from Zavi...hoping they use boxes. For the last year or so all my steelbooks from Zavi have arrived in the white foldable boxes...one damaged out of probably 30-40. Surprised to hear many are still getting envelopes exclusively. The white foldable box has a bit more protection than the old style white. Have resorted to having my steelbooks gift wrapped from Amazon now as all Amazon sites send steelbooks in cardboard envelopes. Gift wrap is a cloth bag and they usually send in the cardboard envelope so it gives a bit of protection...better than nothing. Received 5 steelbooks from Amazon gift wrapped with no damage so far. Costs about $4.00 for the gift wrapping. Hate having to spend extra to get undamaged steelbooks but about 50% from Amazon have some kind of damage in my experience. Anyway best of luck to all with these latest shipments!

Got a BS response from their customer service that there’s been a “warehouse shipping problem” and mine hasn’t shipped yet. But I’m betting based on how many people have received theirs out of the blue that the guy who messaged me has no idea what’s going on

He said he’d get back to me once he finds out what’s going on. I’ll give him until tomorrow then hit him up again

I really hope Atlantis and Bolt don’t have these issues

There is no 3D release in the UK from Disney for Meet the Robinsons

Disney only released 2D Blu-ray of the Film in the UK

These steelbooks are Disney UK releases so you can't expect 3D disc when it dont exist in the UK

seems even when the UK had a 3D version a'la Bolt, we still wont get it in the steelbook

the white boxes are far from being a box. They are merely mailers with a few millimeters of cardboard protection for the steel.

This recent practice of sending a thin card envelope is disgusting.
Not that the prior mailers added any protection.

That said, a week prior to this coming out I had 2x Infinity War steelbooks arrive in the slightly padded white mailers, so its super odd that a more exclusive steelbook(WEA I believe this is) gets less thought that the WWA of which zavvi have 2 editions AND could be obtained from many other countries.

Its sad to see so many getting such severely damaged steels - lets hope zavvi sorts this and soon

I've cancelled both Avengers 4K steelbooks this morning...not prepared to take the risk!
I just hope Solo 4K comes in the white box...33 quid and sent in an A1 mailer...if that happens I will be done with Zavvi!

I've cancelled both Avengers 4K steelbooks this morning...not prepared to take the risk!
I just hope Solo 4K comes in the white box...33 quid and sent in an A1 mailer...if that happens I will be done with Zavvi!

lets hope these card envelopes arent a permanent feature going forward

Most of us it's the same showing in account as awaiting stock but has already been dispatched and delivered

Zavvi did not send dispatch emails for this steelbook and it's causing it to be listed as still an order processing in customers accounts

Zavvi need to fix this just in case customers get debit cards charged again
I tried to cancel to clear it from my active pre orders but it's stuck at processing cancellation for days now

Just been on to Live Chat, and they have stated that, for all of these titles (I also have all three on order):

"These will be packaged securely to prevent any damage to the items."

When I said that's what I was told for "Meet The Robinsons" but it turned out to be a lie, they said:

"All of the feedback regarding orders arriving damaged has been passed to our warehouse team to change the packaging to a more suitable and secure packaging for the steelbooks."

Fingers crossed they do!

Most of us it's the same showing in account as awaiting stock but has already been dispatched and delivered

Zavvi did not send dispatch emails for this steelbook and it's causing it to be listed as still an order processing in customers accounts

Zavvi need to fix this just in case customers get debit cards charged again
I tried to cancel to clear it from my active pre orders but it's stuck at processing cancellation for days now

Jesus. I guess I need to keep an eye on my bank statement in case Zavvi charges me for Meet the Robinsons AGAIN. Thanks for the heads up.

Like everybody else I was charged almost two weeks ago. I messaged Zavvi again over the weekend and got the response that i would get a shipping confirmation soon.

How much do you wanna bet they’ll charge me a second time? :facepalm:

Reactions: paulboland
Got 3 from Zavi today (Colorado USA) this...Star Wars Rebels And Agents of Shield & also a Steelbook from Amazon U.K. All in the cardboard envelopes....Miracle! Only one of the 4 had damage & that was slight.....I’m emailing the Vatican after this! Agents Of Shield has a couple of very shallow dings..thinking I can work them out. Of the 3 from Zavi only got a shipping notice for Agents. Really nice steelbooks! Please Zavi get your act together. Hope all who are awaiting your steelbooks have good luck....I’ll pray to the Saint of steelbook collecting.

The white box was used to ship Meet The Robinsons to a member in Canada.
Did anybody else receive this title in the white box anywhere?