Memento (Blu-ray SteelBook) (101 Films Black Label Series #031) [UK]

Sep 10, 2020
Release date: September 25 October 16, 2023
Purchase link: 101 films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £39.99

Screenshot_20230803_142324_X.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
On second closer inspection, the Polaroid replicas are given a glossy, marginally thicker material than the type the notes are printed on.
My mistake.

(Not Polaroid paper quality by any means though :naughty:)

The Beer mat replica is, well ... A Beer Mat. So that's good. Forgot about that one. :joy:

the full slip art on the front is the saving grace for this release imo... the steelbook itself is good quality with metallic effects in the background, higher quality matte in the foreground and spot gloss on the camera lense, polaroid and the black tile in the back... but the artwork still doesnt look too good imo :/ it grew on me tho, after being pretty disappointed at first... plenty of extras and they all look reasonably decent, i dont care about them enough to take pictures tho, sorry :p

6C15BC33-5A32-4513-832E-2F3251AAFCF0.jpeg

577A20EE-892D-454E-A5DB-315CEAEDAA55.jpeg

C2882940-E77D-44C1-8EB6-F5910F332942.jpeg

Last edited:
I am happy with this, it’s a really nice set but 3 things.

I wish the steel had more spot glossing.
I wish the slip had spot glossing on each Polaroid.
And the steelbook looks nothing like the mock up because it’s so dark in tone and the bare metal background. There’s more green/ teal in the mock up on Pearce which makes him stand out more plus the background is lighter in the mock up. In hand it’s much much darker. Hard to see the details and also on the Polaroid camera.

But I wish mostly that the slip had spot glossing. If it had that this would of been a fantastic package

There is a error with HDN it's redirecting Zavvi link to Hit retailer website

It still keeps doing even after updating zavvi link
Zavvi link will work when updated then shortly after will redirect to Hit again

View attachment 565093

View attachment 565094

The imperfections/scratches. I'd be interested to see if this was a printing fault or just my unlucky steel being placed against some extra that's scratched it. They're both on the front, around where he's holding the camera.

I hope I wasn't too negative in the previous post. I like it. I just wasn't blown away. But that doesn't always have to happen I guess, especially at this price point. Yet, with prices continually on the up. Shouldn't we be getting better each time?
Mine had a light scratch on the front, its not bad enough for me to return it though. No mark where yours is. I'm happy with the release, kind of weird the 2nd disc is in a cardboard sleeve when there's a perfectly good steelbook to put it in.

Attachments

• 20231016_183937.jpg
    20231016_183937.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 68
After seeing the in-hand photos, I decided against ordering this one.

Then I received an email from Orbit DVD letting me know my order has shipped.

So I guess I am getting it after all. Thanks, past self. (Is it ironic that I totally forgot I'd ordered this?)