Mexico Vs U.S.A

Jan 27, 2009
Anaheim,Ca
Bout to Start!!! Thank God i don't have to watch it with these retarded commentator's from Univison!!!

Attachments

• 480px-Soccer_ball.svg.png
    480px-Soccer_ball.svg.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,564
I am not watching it, they piss me off, all they worry about now adays is money that's why we always lose away from home they don't have the character that the previous generation did it's sad really.

Told you! I am sick of watching them play so damn bad, they don't even care they don't play for the love of the jersey they just do because they have to they are a freakin disgrace! that two time goalie needs to quit his time is long gone and his error just displayed that I won't be surprise if we don't make it to the next world cup I'll be happy as it may just give them a reality check, this is dumb.

We are among the top 11 leagues in the world while the US is in the mid 20s, club wise we are not at the same level they are still trailing and they can't even match up on National team wise are kidding me?! this is ridiculous!

A Mario cards tournament and a complete bust in an appearance as a TV sports anchor somehow combined to make a phrase that Brian Collins originated into a sensation on the Internet and beyond.

Collins, a freshman at Ball State University in Muncie, Ind., coined the catchphrase that's rocketed to fame: "Boom goes the dynamite."

He told The Early Show co-anchor Hannah Storm Monday it all started when he was preparing to take part in a Mario cards tournament: "We try to create things that will mess each other up, and we mostly try to make people laugh. And part of that is you create catchphrases. And, obviously, 'boom goes the dynamite' was one of mine."

But that was just the beginning.

Collins agreed to fill in as a sports anchor on a student-run TV newscast.

His performance was abysmal.

It got so bad, a frustrated Collins resorted to saying "Boom goes the dynamite" over video of someone making a basketball shot.

"I decided at least I'm going to have a little fun with this," he says. "I figured not too many people would see it. And I just threw it out there," thinking that would be the end of it.

Little did Collins know, that would only be the beginning.

But someone put the embarrassing tape on the Web, "as a joke," Collins explains, "I think without really realizing what all would happen when he did that."

In an instant, Collins' catchphrase not only made its way around the Internet, it began showing up on newscasts across the country, mostly as anchor video voiceovers. It became part of pop culture, so much so that he appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman.

Collins says there's been some negative mixed in with the positive: "You do get hate mail from people who just come after you. …You get lots of phone calls. At one point, we had to unplug our phone at school just because of how many phone calls we were getting."

However, he adds, "It was something I was kind of glad I went through, because it taught me a lot about media and taught me a lot about how to lick your wounds and get through a mess."

Collins says he's been mulling becoming a TV weatherman.

So, The Early Show decided to give him some trial by fire, and asked him to help out substitute weatherperson Audrey Puente.

Collins did just fine, even managing to work in a, "Boom goes the dynamite."

He later told Puente, "I think it's a career I might wanna go into. It's a lot of fun.

And here is the famous video.

[media=youtube]W45DRy7M1no[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
2-0 I was actually expecting Mex to lose, they know how the US plays and they still can't beat them at their own turf, Marquez pisses me off why can't he play like plays over at Barcelona?! he always comes and does something stupid and gets ejected! I am sure it won't be the same when the US visits since we tend to be hostile :) lol they hate it over there lol I am sure Landon can remember what happened after he pissed on the field lol even George Bush demanded an apology and we gave him the finger lol

I am expecting sven to get sacked soon, or leave. There is a lot of intrest in him from Portsmouth at the momment to be there new manager here.

I love hostile games i dont know why. I will always remember that Barcelone Vs Real Madrid game where they threw a pigs head at Figo lol :D

Yeah I've been reading alot about Portsmouth wanting Sven, but he just said he is staying and FMF said he is not leaving so who knows.

Yeah dude those games are no joke people get hostile lol is like Rangers v Celtic lol people get too crazy!

But seriously read this scott, they talk about what happened that night remember Landon's actions were a day before the game and the response of the people was during the game lol http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-95929.html

Read this one too http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1075807/posts btw I thought it was a tasteless chant but its going to be hostile when they visit us again in 6 months their National anthem is never even heard

Last edited: