Midsommar (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Japan]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: September 9, 2020
Purchase link: Amazon JP
Price: ¥12,980
Group buy: hosted by Aniv (USA only)

DAC3F587-E0FD-42D4-8DB6-2BA42741AF99.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. To UK buyers, have any of you been charged customs on VAT on this import or is the rolled into the postage?
I bought on Sunday from UK - it was listed as ¥6500 (roughly, can't quite remember) but when added to basket that changed to ¥7,087.
Shipping was ¥1,851, plus I paid for gift wrapping ¥314 (following above advice so it's guaranteed to be shipped in a box).

Total = ¥9252 -> £60

On the Amazon invoice (which is in Japanese so not the easiest to make out...) underneath the breakdown of costs I just mentioned, there is an additional section which states the "Tax Rate" (20%) and "Total Tax Amount" (¥1542 -> £10.25). I'm unsure whether that is already included / not required to be paid for, or whether this a separate cost yet to come - I'll keep you updated, but I'm sure someone else here might know better - this is my first time ordering from Japan!

Reactions: GarethAF
I bought on Sunday from UK - it was listed as ¥6500 (roughly, can't quite remember) but when added to basket that changed to ¥7,087.
Shipping was ¥1,851, plus I paid for gift wrapping ¥314 (following above advice so it's guaranteed to be shipped in a box).

Total = ¥9252 -> £60

On the Amazon invoice (which is in Japanese so not the easiest to make out...) underneath the breakdown of costs I just mentioned, there is an additional section which states the "Tax Rate" (20%) and "Total Tax Amount" (¥1542 -> £10.25). I'm unsure whether that is already included / not required to be paid for, or whether this a separate cost yet to come - I'll keep you updated, but I'm sure someone else here might know better - this is my first time ordering from Japan!

When I purchased Spider-man FFH exclusive from Amazon JP the import duty was included in the price.

Total = ¥9252 -> £60

Thank you

Reactions: gilomedia101
Ordered from the UK on 22nd March, arrived 25th March - can't believe the speed of delivery!

Here's some photos (including packaging for anyone curious) - I really love it! :D

View attachment 501799View attachment 501800
View attachment 501801
View attachment 501802
View attachment 501803View attachment 501804

That is quick! Making me want this even more. I ordered the Scary Stories steelbook on Friday which was in stock but delivery isn’t expected till 16th April!!

Reactions: gilomedia101
Mine arrived super fast as well. It also included an 8x10ish glossy poster of the original cover art.

I picked up the US Director's Cut: Collector's Edition on a 4K disc, which comes in a giant enclosure the size of a Hardcover book... much larger than a standard steelbook or blu-ray case and does not fit on my shelf.

When I saw this, I jumped on it immediately. This Japan release includes the Director's Cut on a standard blu-ray disc (not 4K), so all I did was swap the two discs out and put the US Collector's Edition on my bookshelf.

Very cool to be able to own the Theatrical and Director's Cut on 4K discs, in the same case. It's a bit cumbersome, and expensive, but I'm happy with the end result.

Thanks for the tip off - ordered. It works out at £63.00 with boxing to the UK. Google translate was very helpful for anyone navigating the final stages of the order as site obviously in Japanese.

Reactions: milky
Thanks for the tip off - ordered. It works out at £63.00 with boxing to the UK. Google translate was very helpful for anyone navigating the final stages of the order as site obviously in Japanese.
When I checked the Yen to Pound I thought it was more like £54ish... did you pay extra for packaging?

When I checked the Yen to Pound I thought it was more like £54ish... did you pay extra for packaging?
That's strange..the packaging element was only 175 Yen so I don't think it came from there. On the final purchase page Amazon applied an automatic conversion of the cost from pounds to yen and charged me £61.22 (just checked confirmation email)..
It might be a more competitive conversion rate if you purchase directly in Yen and pay your credit card companies conversion fee instead of letting Amazon convert for you... Amazon perhaps feeced me on poorer conversion rate ..?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Punker76