Oct 18, 2018
Release date: September 9, 2020
Purchase link: Amazon JP
Price: ¥12,980
Group buy: hosted by Aniv (USA only)

DAC3F587-E0FD-42D4-8DB6-2BA42741AF99.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had two items delivered in a grocery bag hahah
I usually order 4 or more items if possible. I collect music, so I sometimes add CD's to my orders. When I order 3 or 4 movies and 2-4 CD's. they always ship in a box. I suppose that could be a problem if you only want to buy 1 or 2 items since it's unclear how they may ship your order.

Reactions: Alfred Kantorowicz
Does anyone know why [Amazon.co.jp Limited] Midsummer UHD (Ultra HD Blu-ray) Deluxe Edition 3 Discs (Steel Book Specification / First Press Limited Edition) (with 3 Mini Poster) is ¥7,428

and

[Amazon.co.jp Limited] Midsummer Deluxe Edition 3 Discs (Steel Book Specification / First Press Limited Edition) (with 3 Mini Poster) [Blu-ray] is ¥9,130

Besides the UHD disc, both versions are the same?

Does anyone know why [Amazon.co.jp Limited] Midsummer UHD (Ultra HD Blu-ray) Deluxe Edition 3 Discs (Steel Book Specification / First Press Limited Edition) (with 3 Mini Poster) is ¥7,428

and

[Amazon.co.jp Limited] Midsummer Deluxe Edition 3 Discs (Steel Book Specification / First Press Limited Edition) (with 3 Mini Poster) [Blu-ray] is ¥9,130

Besides the UHD disc, both versions are the same?
nothing afaik.. their pricing doesnt necessarily make a whole lot of sense lol

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
I bought 2 copies of the Amazon 4K edition with the 3 mini posters for $6522 Yen each, but they raised the price again to $12,980 a few days later. I basically got a free copy. so I guess I got lucky. Makes me wonder if the price I paid was a mistake.

Reactions: hatredhorror
I bought 2 copies of the Amazon 4K edition with the 3 mini posters for $6522 Yen each, but they raised the price again to $12,980 a few days later. I basically got a free copy. so I guess I got lucky. Makes me wonder if the price I paid was a mistake.
No they adjust their prices from time to time. The price you paid is the lowest I've seen it at! I'm waiting for it to go even lower (have a feeling it will...seems like Amazon Japan is having a lot of trouble moving these).

No they adjust their prices from time to time. The price you paid is the lowest I've seen it at! I'm waiting for it to go even lower (have a feeling it will...seems like Amazon Japan is having a lot of trouble moving these).
I just though it was weird that the non Amazon 4K edition was more expensive as it doesn't come with the 3 mini posters. I guess you're right that Amazon is trying to get rid of their stock.

The Amazon JP Exclusive 4K UHD release is now at ¥6,839. Probably closer to ¥6,200 for foreign buyers after subtracting Japanese VAT (CT).

Reactions: Punker76
The Amazon JP Exclusive 4K UHD release is now at ¥6,839. Probably closer to ¥6,200 for foreign buyers after subtracting Japanese VAT (CT).
When I go to checkout, the cost is ¥6,746. I live in California. It was cheaper when I bought it for ¥6,522 last month.

When I go to checkout, the cost is ¥6,746. I live in California. It was cheaper when I bought it for ¥6,522 last month.
That's interesting; not sure where the difference comes from.

When I go to checkout, the item price ¥6,839 in my cart is reduced to ¥6,217.

Maybe the difference in prices is related to taxes? California is really strict about collecting taxes for online purchases, even when done overseas. In the past, they had an honor system where they expected people to report owed taxes on purchases, but I guess no one bothered to report anything. They make sure all retailers collect state tax now. I never bothered with reporting it until retailers collected directly. Bastards. :naughty: