Midsommar (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Japan]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: September 9, 2020
Purchase link: Amazon JP
Price: ¥12,980
Group buy: hosted by Aniv (USA only)

DAC3F587-E0FD-42D4-8DB6-2BA42741AF99.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to say. That proper confused me for a second. I love the U.K. hereditary steel. It’s so well done. I can’t remember what the German steel looks like but the U.K. one is quite unique with the art, spot gloss, debossing and smooth matte plus it has a hidden spot gloss message. Still can’t work out which film I prefer out of the 2. Such unique films

Smooth matte you say? I thought this has the cheap crap matte finish hmm maybe I will check that again. But the art do nothing for me anyway. Zee German one is with the weird art with mouse head and the ink bottle.

I also like them both, Hereditary was even better for a second view for me. Cant wait to watch Midsommar again.

Reactions: Flloydo
Smooth matte you say? I thought this has the cheap crap matte finish hmm maybe I will check that again. But the art do nothing for me anyway. Zee German one is with the weird art with mouse head and the ink bottle.

I also like them both, Hereditary was even better for a second view for me. Cant wait to watch Midsommar again.
if interested in that UK release, my unboxing here for Hereditary UK, including the bits @Flloydo mentioned. :thumbs:

I was going to say. That proper confused me for a second. I love the U.K. hereditary steel. It’s so well done. I can’t remember what the German steel looks like but the U.K. one is quite unique with the art, spot gloss, debossing and smooth matte plus it has a hidden spot gloss message. Still can’t work out which film I prefer out of the 2. Such unique films
Hereditary for me. It's just too well paced. The good moments in Midsommar are f*ucken amazing but Hereditary definitely 'traumatized' me more. The building tension in that movie in the last hour is just so well done and IMO Midsommar doesn't do it as well as Hereditary. Prefer the ending of Midsommar though

I wanted to pull the trigger on this despite the horrific price tag, but now they dont ship to Germany anymore? Maybe a blessing considering the price, but....this is still really really pretty!

Reactions: MrSquifler
I've been very tempted.

On ebay for about $200/ £150 out of interest.

Reactions: MrSquifler

Oh i love the U.K. steel. Quite creative for a non premium. But defo not cheap matte

The thing that gets me with midsommar is it’s so rare to have a horror film in broad daylight. And it succeeded so well.

BBA412AC-4763-425F-8ADE-B77B178551EF.jpeg

5A95AACA-65EB-4717-AF79-601F32085D81.jpeg

1B140711-74CE-4669-B2F1-1E4E961092ED.jpeg

08BC4852-63A8-41E0-893A-64AC36E6EE93.jpeg

Last edited:
Hereditary for me. It's just too well paced. The good moments in Midsommar are f*ucken amazing but Hereditary definitely 'traumatized' me more. The building tension in that movie in the last hour is just so well done and IMO Midsommar doesn't do it as well as Hereditary. Prefer the ending of Midsommar though

I think hereditary for me too plus it actually freaked me out at times. But I find myself more drawn to midsommar despite the time length (and when I watch it I only watch the directors cut). Both are edited incredibly and the score on both are so different but so amazing. I love all the weird clicks in hereditary and the folk music in midsommar. I do find one scene in midsommar hard to watch though, the part with the old man after the cliff. With Toni Collette being fantastic in hereditary and Florence Pugh in midsommar it’s hard to choose a favourite haha

Oh i love the U.K. steel. Quite creative for a non premium. But defo not cheap matte

The thing that gets me with midsommar is it’s so rare to have a horror film in broad daylight. And it succeeded so well.

Yeah, it looks really good with those debossed parts and matte finish looks quality too. I never check this one so thoroughly, I just saw the front artwork with no title and wasn´t interested anymore, but in details it´s pretty good, maybe I will pick it up afterall.

Yeah, it looks really good with those debossed parts and matte finish looks quality too. I never check this one so thoroughly, I just saw the front artwork with no title and wasn´t interested anymore, but in details it´s pretty good, maybe I will pick it up afterall.

that’s the only downer to this is no title on the front. I don’t mind steels with no front titles but I think this would of benefited with a debossed title in white. But I stil like it. Especially the back

that’s the only downer to this is no title on the front. I don’t mind steels with no front titles but I think this would of benefited with a debossed title in white. But I stil like it. Especially the back

Yep, like the back better too, it´s really interesting, and not many Steelbooks in whole history of Steelbooks have debossed back side

Yep, like the back better too, it´s really interesting, and not many Steelbooks in whole history of Steelbooks have debossed back side

Off the top of my head, the good ones are Ex_Machina (WWA) - although it’s only small - AVA, Roger rabbit and the raid. There’s others but I can’t think right now

Reactions: Hereticz
Off the top of my head, the good ones are Ex_Machina (WWA) - although it’s only small - AVA, Roger rabbit and the raid. There’s others but I can’t think right now

Btw @Flloydo , wdpung still has many copies of that Korean Fullslip for Midsommar, for 47 bucks incl shipping. I would buy immediatelly If there is some F**KING airline working ffs :banghead:

• Helpful Post
Btw @Flloydo , wdpung still has many copies of that Korean Fullslip for Midsommar, for 47 bucks incl shipping. I would buy immediatelly If there is some F**KING airline working ffs :banghead:

cheers man. If he has any in a couple of months I’ll try. Can’t at the mo But maybe in a few months. I like pung so I don’t mind buying from him. Had about 6 orders from him and he combines shipping which is nice.

Reactions: Hereticz