Pennsylvania
Release date: February 18, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
SKU: 6392537

1576904038591.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: goufcustom
9 people on the poster, and the Asian guy gets the shaft for being credited. That's a bad sign to me. Pass!

Yeah, in Hollywood history is his/hers who offer the most cash. This time China ... meh !

Thought you were fan of quality films...:naughty:

sucker for ww2 and be a blind buy. but i do suggest you check aud score from link below

Any one else find the release of this film vaguely insulting?
Because the front cover is us getting bombed on? I'm assuming you mean that .... It did make me kinda do a step back at first .... but then I was like "well, that IS what happened...."

I think a lot has to do with how far removed are we from it yet? Like, I doubt there would be a World Trade Center steel where it just shows the towers crashing and burning ... One would assume their would be back lash. Granted while 1941 seems like so long ago, technically speaking you could have a person in store on release day see that and they may have lost their Dad or brother that day. etc. etc. the odds are slim, sure, but its not out of the realm of possibility.

I tend to look at it tho with respect to the truth in some shape of way, as to not shy away from that, definitely a piece worth talking about, and im not sure if the artist intended for that, or simply let me draw some bad ass planes, but it does add another layer to the art piece in and of itself. I think the stars in the ocean is a nice touch.

I find "based on real events" completely insulting. Not sure that's the release you speak of though. Wreck's probably more in line with what you're thinking FN-2187.

Because the front cover is us getting bombed on? I'm assuming you mean that .... It did make me kinda do a step back at first .... but then I was like "well, that IS what happened...."

I think a lot has to do with how far removed are we from it yet? Like, I doubt there would be a World Trade Center steel where it just shows the towers crashing and burning ... One would assume their would be back lash. Granted while 1941 seems like so long ago, technically speaking you could have a person in store on release day see that and they may have lost their Dad or brother that day. etc. etc. the odds are slim, sure, but its not out of the realm of possibility.

I tend to look at it tho with respect to the truth in some shape of way, as to not shy away from that, definitely a piece worth talking about, and im not sure if the artist intended for that, or simply let me draw some bad ass planes, but it does add another layer to the art piece in and of itself. I think the stars in the ocean is a nice touch.
I find "based on real events" completely insulting. Not sure that's the release you speak of though. Wreck's probably more in line with what you're thinking FN-2187.

Well- I think Wreck’s right. It’s probably just because it feels like it hits too close to home? I feel the same way about the movie Pearl Harbor-in the sense that it’s taking a national tragedy and examine it not with tact or respect, but instead with an action-esque type of fuel? I don’t know- there are a lot of murky areas with how the US dealt with it’s pacific theatre of war in the Second World War- and it just seems to me like a glorification or the kind of violence with a type of patriotic, chest-pumping bravado that feels a bit insulting.

My family was interned by the US government following Pearl Harbor- and this kind of dark “swept under the rug” feeling of how the US treated it’s own citizens seems to be a glaring omission in WWII action movies like this one.

I don’t know- I guess I can’t look at it entirely objectively? And that’s why I feel a bit insulted by this movie.

Reactions: DMD4k
Well- I think Wreck’s right. It’s probably just because it feels like it hits too close to home? I feel the same way about the movie Pearl Harbor-in the sense that it’s taking a national tragedy and examine it not with tact or respect, but instead with an action-esque type of fuel? I don’t know- there are a lot of murky areas with how the US dealt with it’s pacific theatre of war in the Second World War- and it just seems to me like a glorification or the kind of violence with a type of patriotic, chest-pumping bravado that feels a bit insulting.

My family was interned by the US government following Pearl Harbor- and this kind of dark “swept under the rug” feeling of how the US treated it’s own citizens seems to be a glaring omission in WWII action movies like this one.

I don’t know- I guess I can’t look at it entirely objectively? And that’s why I feel a bit insulted by this movie.
I agree with much of what you said, and in betters words than I. I think a ship sinking would have been interesting as it conveys the tragedy a bit more as opposed to the horror. Although I'm glad its not like the aftermath with a mushroom cloud front cover.... that would be some definite chest pumping bravado.

You know come to think of it, what happened to the Japanese Americans would make for a good movie if done seriously and correct cause that is really swept under the rug!