Modifying SteelBooks

Feb 17, 2010
Share how you modify your Steelbooks here.

diy1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
i need your guys help,i want to change my nightmare before christmas from just the regular disc to include the 3D,i know which holder im going to swap it with,withnail and i since that was a double play and the dvd is no use to me,is there a detailed guide on how to do this? i obviously don't want to mess it up :D

Page 12 and on of this thread should help ;)

For the spine, what did you do to get the image there? Did you take off the metal piece, glue on the paper and then stick the whole thing back together? Did you need additional glue to re-attach or what was left on the plastic sufficient?

Cheers!

Glossed and added interior artwork. The flash on the Gloss makes it look terrible, but in hand, the gloss works.

15099_423484441117715_1014584831_n.jpg

1535526_423484587784367_1035996633_n.jpg

1557513_423484541117705_98447076_n.jpg

1003068_423484584451034_1039314486_n.jpg

Custom slip

I have the World War Z Saturn exclusive SB. I also have the target exclusive World War Z, which came with a standard slip cover and art book inside a larger slip. The Saturn World War Z fits perfectly with poly bag inside custom slip better than blu fans hell yeah see pic!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 94
Is this a stupid idea but what about including them little recorded messages or tunes when you open birthday cards .

Like you could have every time you open aliens it says
" stay away from her you *****"

Or should I get my coat

Reactions: P0UNDLAND and bd251
Is this a stupid idea but what about including them little recorded messages or tunes when you open birthday cards .

Like you could have every time you open aliens it says
" stay away from her you *****"

Or should I get my coat

That's actually a pretty cool idea! The only problem would be hiding the speaker. I actually did something similar to this when I proposed to my wife :p

I know it's not much of a mod, but like Fantasia before it, I often like to combine titles without a steel release (or simply ones I would not bother to pick up a second steelbook in even if they did release it) so that they contain both movies.

Today, thanks to Chandler_90, I received Crank. I already had a copy of Crank 2 just waiting to be combined.

A simple inner plastic swap later and I have my Crank Complete Edition! :D

Cheers Tchinkwe! yeah it is a lot for all three but imo worth it especially if your'e a fan of the show :) You also have to factor in the cost of a 4 disc steelbook if you want to do the conversion on S3, luckily I already had copy of the Shawshank redemption 4 disc steelbook. I didn't really need the 3 dvd's so once I was done stealing the insert I replaced it with a spare single insert for the blu ray disc and added some inside artwork :D
P1050388_zpsa82197a6.jpg

Reactions: anemake