Modifying SteelBooks

Hey @Wreck - quick question on Modifying Steels- I'm trying to spray paint a gloss finish on a steelbook, but try as I might- I can't get an even coat on a steelbook without there being some sort of "speckle" coming out of the spray paint can and looking like dust fell on the steelbook when it was drying. Any advice?

Hey @Wreck - quick question on Modifying Steels- I'm trying to spray paint a gloss finish on a steelbook, but try as I might- I can't get an even coat on a steelbook without there being some sort of "speckle" coming out of the spray paint can and looking like dust fell on the steelbook when it was drying. Any advice?
Couple rules. Never use a can with say less than 20% it’ll spray out in a spurt at some point and ruin what you are doing. Hold spray far away making waving like passes. If not looking good decrease distance. Keep getting closer as need be but smart to start far away.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: FN-2187
Remember not to spray paint during high humidity hence bubbles will be hard to avoid. I usually do it when it is 70 F outside and not too windy.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: FN-2187