Monsters University (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection #2) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: November 25th, 2013
Price: £23.99
Buy Link: Monsters University LIVE!!
The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10831199-1378486144-283787.jpg

10831199-1378486218-420282.jpg

10831199-1378486201-127193.jpg

10831199-1378486183-979116.jpg

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 358
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 398
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 388
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 386
Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I will be passing on this as I need to save money for my plane ticket to go on holiday. I have way too many steelbooks on pre-order (nearly all from Zavvi and few from others) and need to have a rest. I guess I am taking a holiday from stress and steelbooks!! At least for three weeks!

Why is everyone slating Zavvi? People saying poor quality and poor service! So roger rabbit, nemo and Aladdin were poor quality? They are 3 of the best steelbooks in my opinion, I'm sure this release will be the very similar to the Blufans, and it is Disney so it will be very high standard but possible expensive, still it will be cheaper than importing one anyway!

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Why is everyone slating Zavvi? People saying poor quality and poor service! So roger rabbit, nemo and Aladdin were poor quality? They are 3 of the best steelbooks in my opinion, I'm sure this release will be the very similar to the Blufans, and it is Disney so it will be very high standard but possible expensive, still it will be cheaper than importing one anyway!

All this Zavvi hate.... EEK!

To be fair though, their steelbooks for the most part are extremely well done so nobody can claim they sell poor quality steels. Their ethnics and service however are definitely questionable.

Hopefully they do everything right with this one.

You have to give Zavvi credit for the their Disney Steelbook releases, they have been incredible so far. Let's hope it continues and also hope that they finally start to do something about the others issues people have had with them. Play.com improved massively last year, I see no reason why Zavvi can't do the same :)

Reactions: blu78
I agree with hayemaker. Fortunately I've never had a problem with Zavvi but by hearing what problems people have had, I understand why people don't like them.

I doubt it will equal the quality of the blufans release. There is more to steelbooks than just the steel itself and emboss/deboss. To many, the content accompanying the steel is important as well. Being there is no mention of 3D on the title, it is a fail content wise. Nemo was a dissapointment as well as it is the only steel / viva without proper content. Just a single disc 2D release. I for one think the steelbook edition should be on par with the best amaray available and not sub par because it lacks content.

The quality of the actual Steelbook itself will be similar if not the same. Zavvi can't be blamed for content, Disney regularly short-change the UK in regard to extras, bonus discs etc.

Anything to have a go at Zavvi though right? ;)

You have to give Zavvi credit for the their Disney Steelbook releases, they have been incredible so far. Let's hope it continues and also hope that they finally start to do something about the others issues people have had with them. Play.com improved massively last year, I see no reason why Zavvi can't do the same :)

Exactly! I don't understand why everyone is so upset by this announcement. There may be flaws with some of Zavvi's products and customer service, but at least we are getting an announcement for a Disney/Pixar film getting the steelbook treatment! Zavvi has great potential and as seen with Play.com last year, a company can improve greatly when they listen to customer feedback.

I got no problem with Zavvi, I got a problem with any steel that is lacking what is available in the other editions.
These limited edition sets should be really special with exclusive covers and not missing extra content, 3D or digital copies.
On this occasion I am more likely to blame Disney, I worked with them a couple of years back and I know their BD/DVD UK strategy and it is a bit of a joke compared to how they operate in other territories.

Exactly! I don't understand why everyone is so upset by this announcement. There may be flaws with some of Zavvi's products and customer service, but at least we are getting an announcement for a Disney/Pixar film getting the steelbook treatment! Zavvi has great potential and as seen with Play.com last year, a company can improve greatly when they listen to customer feedback.

and they definitely listen.. see the new packaging, see more glossy steels, see embossing, see user votes for artwork, etc. etc.

Reactions: blu78 and Steeler
I want all Pixar films in steelbook. They are amazing! Ain't bothered about the 3D gimmick and don't mind paying the disney premium prices if they turn out like Aladdin & Nemo. :thumbs:

I think people are quick to forget WFRR, Aladdin and to a lesser extent Nemo due to all the recent Zavvi bashing.

Also we're not sure how Little Mermaid and Jungle Book will turn out as well.

I don't have a 3D TV so I guess I'm not as bothered about 3D content as much as others

Reactions: Carlos