Monsters University (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection #2) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: November 25th, 2013
Price: £23.99
Buy Link: Monsters University LIVE!!
The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10831199-1378486144-283787.jpg

10831199-1378486218-420282.jpg

10831199-1378486201-127193.jpg

10831199-1378486183-979116.jpg

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 366
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 406
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 398
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 396
Last edited by a moderator:
This specific release seems expensive and silly. You can get a better deal with almost any other retailer, be it exclusives or including a 3D version. There will be some that like the artwork and not mind the lack of 3D, I respect that but think the general consensus is of disappointment with this release. Zavii seems to be getting more expensive, without making their steelbooks standout. You can see their new releases have become stagnant. Where Aladdin and Finding Nemo sold out almost immediately, Peter Pan and Dumbo both with a low print run struggle to follow the success of earlier releases. This can only be attributed to the slightly higher price, and the rather bland design of these steelbooks. Don't get me wrong I find the art nice, yet it is not amazing. The exception to this "problem" seemed to be Wreck it Ralph which was less expensive (plus HDN discount) and had some stellar artwork picked in part by us. I hope Zavvi goes back to putting out quality steelbooks that don't cost an arm and a leg.

This specific release seems expensive and silly. You can get a better deal with almost any other retailer, be it exclusives or including a 3D version. There will be some that like the artwork and not mind the lack of 3D, I respect that but think the general consensus is of disappointment with this release. Zavii seems to be getting more expensive, without making their steelbooks standout. You can see their new releases have become stagnant. Where Aladdin and Finding Nemo sold out almost immediately, Peter Pan and Dumbo both with a low print run struggle to follow the success of earlier releases. This can only be attributed to the slightly higher price, and the rather bland design of these steelbooks. Don't get me wrong I find the art nice, yet it is not amazing. The exception to this "problem" seemed to be Wreck it Ralph which was less expensive (plus HDN discount) and had some stellar artwork picked in part by us. I hope Zavvi goes back to putting out quality steelbooks that don't cost an arm and a leg.

I know its only part of the problem, but I guess its what Disney UK will allow as well. They do seem to be lazy in what they will allow - Just look at the DMR UK offering compared to the DMR US.

Under £20, includes 3D, and the picture on the slip cover has a glossy embossed picture of Sulley and Mike . This is why I am happy to pass on over priced Zavvi steelbooks that don't include the 3D.

IMG_1357_zps85f31189.jpg

WOW EEK!
Great embossed Slipcover!!!
WHY these printed logos??? I know, they need to do that at the end...:(

look what I saw on thehut :
" Monsters, Inc. 3D - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook (Includes 2D Version) "

It seems to have 3D like all the others countries.

I've just cancelled this and gone for the German version with 3d for exactly the same price as the zavvi £24 version on amazon.de. German version is down to €24 and plus shipping works out at £24