Monsters University (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection #2) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: November 25th, 2013
Price: £23.99
Buy Link: Monsters University LIVE!!
The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10831199-1378486144-283787.jpg

10831199-1378486218-420282.jpg

10831199-1378486201-127193.jpg

10831199-1378486183-979116.jpg

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 366
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 406
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 398
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 396
Last edited by a moderator:
What a result, well done Zavvi on this release. This is going to be one hell of a steel to have in your collection. Fantastic news all round, pre ordered already and am not allowed to discuss how many copies. This is ultimately fantastic work by the one and only Zavvi, this is also a fantastic price for such a steel, well done to all those at Zavvi for another stunner, and well done to HDN Because this is where we heard it first. Zavvi are on fire right now keeping the good old British end up with the most amazing releases. There is only one Zavvi and there is only one HDN get your orders in guys and love it, what a release I am sooooo excited all the best

Mark

What a result, well done Zavvi on this release. This is going to be one hell of a steel to have in your collection. Fantastic news all round, pre ordered already and am not allowed to discuss how many copies. This is ultimately fantastic work by the one and only Zavvi, this is also a fantastic price for such a steel, well done to all those at Zavvi for another stunner, and well done to HDN Because this is where we heard it first. Zavvi are on fire right now keeping the good old British end up with the most amazing releases. There is only one Zavvi and there is only one HDN get your orders in guys and love it, what a release I am sooooo excited all the best

Mark

Here we go again :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

It's the quality with Zavvi, NOT the quantity, think back to Aladdin for instance, you guys are forgetting something, it's all about the QUALITY of the steel, not the number of discs or the extras, most of the guys on here don't even open their steels so work it out, it's Zavvi quality through and through, and with HDN giving us the info we need as it happens, what else can you moaners moan about. Come on think about it, monsters uni will be a stunner go for it.

Paying an extra tenner for less content and a non limited case isn't worth it for me. I open my films. I prefer steelbooks but this is insane. Think about it, this, iron man 3, fast 6 and either jungle book or little mermaid and you'll be spending near £100 pound for 4 films. That's crazy. None of them are limited or oos. HMV and Amazon come back to the steelboko game, Zavvi need some competition.

It's the quality with Zavvi, NOT the quantity, think back to Aladdin for instance, you guys are forgetting something, it's all about the QUALITY of the steel, not the number of discs or the extras, most of the guys on here don't even open their steels so work it out, it's Zavvi quality through and through, and with HDN giving us the info we need as it happens, what else can you moaners moan about. Come on think about it, monsters uni will be a stunner go for it.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If a product is a premium price then people are within their rights to expect a premium package. I think the Steelbook should include all available discs, a lot of collectors do open their Steels so if a 3D option isn't there or an extra disc is missing it can put a lot of people off.

£24 you say......? No thanks.

I'll happily skip this one and get the amaray when cheap (which will match the 1st film better anyhow). These Disney steels are too expensive for what you get (and it's not just Zavvi's fault here, Disney always short-change us in the UK when it comes to bonus discs, 3D and sometimes even lack of lossless audio). I'll only be collecting the animated classics.

Paying an extra tenner for less content and a non limited case isn't worth it for me. I open my films. I prefer steelbooks but this is insane. Think about it, this, iron man 3, fast 6 and either jungle book or little mermaid and you'll be spending near £100 pound for 4 films. That's crazy. None of them are limited or oos. HMV and Amazon come back to the steelboko game, Zavvi need some competition.

Another £24 and without 3D disc? Sorry but no for me. I will buy somewhere else with a 3D disc with probably the same cover art.

This is very simple. I like 3D, I have a 3D projector and I would like to buy a steelbook with a bloody 3D version included :angry: If you release this for collectors, start giving them premium features to make the purchase worth it.

The thing is (and I have no intention of addressing your Zavvi-patriotism either way), is that quality in respect of a product applies to the whole product, and not just the packaging, even in cases such as this where the packaging is premium and essentially the USP over other releases. People absolutely have the right to make a complaint if the content of the steel is lacking.

I agree that not all collectors open their steels, but many do, and with bare-bones and 1-disc releases becoming more frequent even when other options are available, there is a legitimate cause for concern and people do have the right to request that this practice be reconsidered.

Going by your logic, as most collectors don't open their steels we might as well do away with the discs altogether, and inside artwork for that matter!

I guess my point is, that while (I assume) your self presentation on this forum is a response to the negative opinions towards Zavvi floating here, you're actually coming across as slightly belligerent and even annoying.

Reactions: mllNY
Disappointing of the price and lack of content. Looks like another UK release where we are shafted by both Disney (content) and Zavvi (Price).

Though hopefully it will be a high quality release as others have been with some great art.

Don't know about getting this one yet. One the one hand I love Pixar and want all their films in Steelbook form if possible.on the other hand, I begrudge paying £24 for 1 disk with little extra content.

Reactions: lgans316
The worst thing is, zavvi built a reputation. They started off with steels and we all got excited as we thought once HMV and Play went that would be the end. Who framed roger rabbit is an incredible steelbook at a fair price. Zavvi could have been blu fans, something everyone got excited for and new it was going to be quality. They went the wrong way and I know this wont last long. I wanted to buy this film and to be honest if it was from HMV i might think about it but this isn't a one of from Zavvi and they're really pushing their luck.

I just don't see the point in bringing out a nice steelbook then spoil it by just putting 1 disc in it when you can just buy the 3D version with prob 3 discs at a cheaper price, why are zavvi just ripping people off like this. Which one will become more sought after over the years, the steelbook or the 3 disc ? who knows.