Monsters University (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection #2) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: November 25th, 2013
Price: £23.99
Buy Link: Monsters University LIVE!!
The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10831199-1378486144-283787.jpg

10831199-1378486218-420282.jpg

10831199-1378486201-127193.jpg

10831199-1378486183-979116.jpg

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 366
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 406
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 398
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 396
Last edited by a moderator:
I understand why some member have issues with this release and the price being charged, but personally I am happy to pay it. It's pretty much guaranteed that the Steelbook itself will look and feel amazing. The lack of 3D and bonus discs does not bother me, since I never really take advantage of either. I would rather pay the price Zavvi are asking than pay as much as double for the Blufans version simply because it will have extras. Too many Steelbooks are coming out to be able to afford such luxuries. That said if the Zavvi artwork stinks and Blufans' version looks amazing (assuming they don't have the same artwork), I may have to reconsider.

What a joke, very lazy again Zavvi on this release. This is going to be one letdown of a steel to have in your collection. Bad news all round, haven't pre ordered and am not going too. This is lazy work by the one and only Zavvi, this is also a ripoff price for such a steel, thanks to all those at Zavvi for another letdown. Zavvi are really milking it with these lacklustre releases.

I understand why some member have issues with this release and the price being charged, but personally I am happy to pay it. It's pretty much guaranteed that the Steelbook itself will look and feel amazing. The lack of 3D and bonus discs does not bother me, since I never really take advantage of either. I would rather pay the price Zavvi are asking than pay as much as double for the Blufans version simply because it will have extras. Too many Steelbooks are coming out to be able to afford such luxuries. That said if the Zavvi artwork stinks and Blufans' version looks amazing (assuming they don't have the same artwork), I may have to reconsider.

I agree, all depends on whether the Blufans artwork is unique. If it's a Jack Reacher situation where the steel is the same, I think I'll go with this too.

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
What a joke, very lazy again Zavvi on this release. This is going to be one letdown of a steel to have in your collection. Bad news all round, haven't pre ordered and am not going too. This is lazy work by the one and only Zavvi, this is also a ripoff price for such a steel, thanks to all those at Zavvi for another letdown. Zavvi are really milking it with these lacklustre releases.

Anyone who has been collecting for a reasonable length of time knows that Disney always short change UK collectors in regards to content. This is something members should consider before posting nonsense about Zavvi. At least the Steelbooks are quality unlike Disney releases around a year or so ago :thumbs:

Depends on how this looks when final art is confirmed. It'd be a big step back from their previous Disney releases but embossing Mike could look good. Will wait and see...

Moan moan moan, what a many existence you live, if you have nothing creative or constructive to put in then don't bother, where do you get off ripping off my posts like that, you are entitled to your own opinion sure, but ripping my posts off is low and unnecessary and very uncreative.

am i breaking any rules, if you are allowed to post your opinion then so am i , how many times do you have to mention zavvi in your posts seriously, heres one of your last with the less important stuff taken out

Zavvi.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Members are allowed to voice their opinion - for or against any release they would like.

However, the minute you start attacking each other is when things start to fall apart around here.

So I'll get with the other staff and the mods and we'll have a policy in place shortly.

I'm tired of posting this, so next step is time off from the forum for repeat offenders.

am i breaking any rules, if you are allowed to post your opinion then so am i , how many times do you have to mention zavvi in your posts seriously, heres one of your last with the less important stuff taken out

View attachment 41309

I'm starting to work on a program that gives the forum credit for name dropping of retailers.

I think I have a plan (ahem, scheme) to get fractions of pennies for each one...

I think over time that might add up to something. :naughty:

negative-office-space.png

Last edited:
Members are allowed to voice their opinion - for or against any release they would like.

However, the minute you start attacking each other is when things start to fall apart around here.

So I'll get with the other staff and the mods and we'll have a policy in place shortly.

I'm tired of posting this, so next step is time off from the forum for repeat offenders.

I agree with freedom of speech, we went to war many time for this, but come on, everh member gets annoyed with the overly positive zavvi comments. So instead of timing out members, maybe look at the posts and think are they there just to cause a reaction?

I agree with freedom of speech, we went to war many time for this, but come on, everh member gets annoyed with the overly positive zavvi comments. So instead of timing out members, maybe look at the posts and think are they there just to cause a reaction?

Even if said member's intention is to get a reaction, if there is nothing insulting or offensive about the post, they shouldn't be edited or deleted. It was instances like this that the ignore feature was created for. If you can't see what a member you find annoying is posting, then you don't get tempted to respond in the heat of the moment which you may regret later on :thumbs: