Monsterverse - 4-Film Collection (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: December 20, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on November 26, at 7 AM for Red Carpet, at 9 AM general sale - UK time)
Price: £99.99

5854F84A-48C4-4F17-9EC7-F0EFC441E4D5.jpeg

D982B5D5-750B-4130-88F3-EFE20B13B34C.jpegC3069ADF-8703-46EF-A75C-E4818BDC4778.jpegA45363C9-27B5-4314-BCA9-F0E5B47CDAD3.jpegA93C196A-E34E-4ECC-85C7-59F5E0F3E76A.jpeg19CD9D76-3B25-41D4-BFE6-B6F8892A36FB.jpegBCAEBE81-2637-4C43-BB02-7468004C4AD3.jpeg67A38830-C462-4EA6-9BE3-6C9CB5FA6C40.jpeg1FE99367-EE0D-4C96-9278-70F03433D19F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
My only problem with things like this are when installment 5, Kong: Hollow Earth comes out, then the set is pretty much not really a set anymore. At least to me. I never had a problem with things like this until the wifey got me the mega James Bond set with every movie for the first 50 years of the franchise. Looks killer, but now there are at least 3 more Bond films in the cannon, so now its incomplete. I don't like incomplete. It's just a thing. I blame the kid who crushed my pet snail when I was 9 for all my issues.

My only problem with things like this are when installment 5, Kong: Hollow Earth comes out, then the set is pretty much not really a set anymore. At least to me. I never had a problem with things like this until the wifey got me the mega James Bond set with every movie for the first 50 years of the franchise. Looks killer, but now there are at least 3 more Bond films in the cannon, so now its incomplete. I don't like incomplete. It's just a thing. I blame the kid who crushed my pet snail when I was 9 for all my issues.
I hear ya mate! I'm thinking of this as the 'Monsterverse phase 1' set to try and appease the nagging little OCD demon that lives in my head and will annoy me when the next film comes out ;)

Same opinion here... just feels like a quick cash-in on the studios part. Like with the F&F franchise... every time there's a new movie out they release another series of matching steels for them all, making the previous releases with different designs incomplete and therefore pointless.

Got my order in. Not expecting anything other than a plain matte finish but I do like the design. Can only hope it arrives unscathed!

Reactions: Fmac72
Same opinion here... just feels like a quick cash-in on the studios part. Like with the F&F franchise... every time there's a new movie out they release another series of matching steels for them all, making the previous releases with different designs incomplete and therefore pointless.
Couldn’t agree more. As much as I think the design is cool, and prospect of having this on display, but as a completionist, this could just never work for me.

Unless there is a definitive end or break in a series of films I.e. a complete Harry Potter set but there are the forbidden beasts films, or marvel infinity saga as the end of a saga, then these will just never appeal regardless of how good they look.

Love these films and still trying to complete the FAC monsterverse set as I’m still missing Kong Skull Island!

Cool, they showed the backs and insides... me likes backs and insides... that sounds wrong. But they turned out very 'prettae'.
107£ shipped from Zavvi, via 2-month untraceable (forgot, what it's called), or £60 shipped via 3-day DHL courier from Italy... hmm, I gotta think about it. :wacky:

Have to give them credit for continuing the last American series of steels with the 8th and 9th movies, they even started coming out in Europe, so hope is it won't be dropped for last 2 films.
The German, initially a Mediamarkt exclusive, did leave us hanging after the 7th film. What else was there, the ones inside FilmArena editions, that one was continued as well, so FilmArena should be able to finish the series with them.

Reactions: Lord Vader
I really love that box art. And it has a great finish. Same as the steels tbh. But such a pointless set and I don’t really wana by GvK for the third time this year however I can see this going half price soon so maybe I’ll pick it up then.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
A very nice looking set and the outer case as well.

Unfortunately I have found all 4 films to be just a one-time watch for me. I haven't really been impressed by any of them of but for some reason I will continue to watch any new chapters as they come along. :LOL: