Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk - £14.00
Base.com - £11.99
Zavvi.com - £15.99

11095887-8334279789330848.jpg

11095887-1564279789339029.jpg

Last edited:
Nah Brazil is not a MP film

I was only filling in the gap for the 5 films that nefilim mentioned and time bandits sprung to mind

See I do consider time bandits a MP film just not official. I know it's not but to me it kinda is. Yeah I know Gilliam made it but I also don't see time bandits and Brazil as part of a trilogy one little bit. Gilliam has a certain sense of style which he uses in every film but I don't seem that as a trilogy. Unless you mean a trilogy of films he made with a certain idea like the cornetto trilogy kind of thing.
Terry Gilliam referred to Time Bandits as the first in his Trilogy of Imagination he said this himself
All are about the "craziness of our awkwardly ordered society and the desire to escape it through whatever means possible.
All three films focus on these struggles and attempts to escape them through imagination: Time Bandits, through the eyes of a child, Brazil, through the eyes of a man in his thirties, and Munchausen, through the eyes of an elderly man

• Helpful Post
Reactions: dan8885
It was banned in Rep of Ireland for years by pressure from the church
Irish Censors had it banned because it was considered blasphemous
Its a very funny film and not to be taken series but some of the church did not have a funny bone back then

Ban was lifted in 1987 by Irish Censors

Its a classic comedy film

I have a limited edition Vinyl of Always look on the Bright side of Life

Brilliant song

Last edited:
Hopefully the extras will include 'The General Synod's Life of Christ', a film that many people have seen as a thinly disguised and blasphemous attack on the life of Monty Python ;)

Terry Gilliam referred to Time Bandits as the first in his Trilogy of Imagination he said this himself
All are about the "craziness of our awkwardly ordered society and the desire to escape it through whatever means possible.
All three films focus on these struggles and attempts to escape them through imagination: Time Bandits, through the eyes of a child, Brazil, through the eyes of a man in his thirties, and Munchausen, through the eyes of an elderly man

Yeah I get that, that's what I meant is it a weird trilogy that the director says this is the trilogy of..... Like m night shyamalan and his apparent devil trilogy. Lol poor example

He could also argue the Imaginarium of Dr parnassus could be a quadrilogy

It may be just me, but I find Monty Python incredibly dated.

I also expect this to have an endless supply and be £8.99 by the end of the year.

Hopefully the extras will include 'The General Synod's Life of Christ', a film that many people have seen as a thinly disguised and blasphemous attack on the life of Monty Python ;)
Thanks! I had never seen nor heard about that. That is freakin' hilarious!:thumbs:
Check out long-haired Mel Smith! I kept thinking "you are in the pit of despair..."!
Is that Pamela Stephenson? (Who was on SNL for a season way back when- and went on to marry Billy Connolly)?
Wild!

Thanks! I had never seen nor heard about that. That is freakin' hilarious!:thumbs:
Check out long-haired Mel Smith! I kept thinking "you are in the pit of despair..."!
Is that Pamela Stephenson? (Who was on SNL for a season way back when- and went on to marry Billy Connolly)?
Wild!
It's a parody of this debate between John Cleese, Michael Palin and a bishop

Reactions: C.C. 95
as a very rough guess, art usually comes up then 1 week later goes live normally and as didn't come up last weekend my 50p bet would be saturday at 6pm but that is a guess, also this one is not a zavvi exclusive so other retailers should have this one as well.

basil :thumbs: