UK
Release date: October 13th, 2014
Purchase Link: Zavvi
Price:
£12.99

Re-Release
Release Date:
July 31st ,2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live from around 6pm UK time on Saturday July 1st 2017)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 1000 Units

moon.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 58,088
Last edited by a moderator:
well its 28th sept now out on 13th oct out in 2 weeks still no inside art or back art showing wtf is going on think they would have stuck up now!
any chance of a word digitalbabe to see if can get any movement out of them please?

basil :thumbs:

i might cancel this steel. as much as i love the film, the steelbook is terrible. there is great poster art for this film and they went with essentially the exact same art as the standard dvd. and yeh, its damn near release date and they still dont think to show us what is on the reverse side.

history always tells us when they dont show the back it means because there is nothing worth showing, so in this case im guess the back is either plain black, or has some text/quote from the film.

ugh

i might cancel this steel. as much as i love the film, the steelbook is terrible. there is great poster art for this film and they went with essentially the exact same art as the standard dvd. and yeh, its damn near release date and they still dont think to show us what is on the reverse side.

history always tells us when they dont show the back it means because there is nothing worth showing, so in this case im guess the back is either plain black, or has some text/quote from the film.

ugh
So they stick to the original art and that's not good but when Sony tries something new with their new iconic wave people don't like that either. It's a lose-lose it seems.

Reactions: snooloui
Looking forward to this. It is bound to drop in price but I've been waiting for a decent Moon steelbook for ages, and for only £11.79 (with a discount voucher) I'm not going to complain :thumbs:

Reactions: harry
Cancelled this considering the so called discounted price wasn't discounted after all and the artwork is pretty dull. Might pick it up again if it drops to less than £10.

So they stick to the original art and that's not good but when Sony tries something new with their new iconic wave people don't like that either. It's a lose-lose it seems.

there is other official art they could have used. art they use for promotion, posters etc. i would have preferred this
moon-movie-poster.jpg

i have never seen this art before, but they could have also used this
moon5.jpg

but no, they use the exact art as the standard dvd case.

Reactions: dLux
I agree with justhedudeman :thumbs:. There's always an influx of complaints for and against using the VHS/DVD/poster art and when they go for something more original everyone says "Why didn't they go for the original poster art?".

Designers be like

post-24030-Mark-Wahlberg-confused-gif-Img-Bi1v.gif

I agree with justhedudeman :thumbs:. There's always an influx of complaints for and against using the VHS/DVD/poster art and when they go for something more original everyone says "Why didn't they go for the original poster art?".
I've got nothing in particular against using VHS/DVD/poster art provided said art is of high quality & interesting - in this case though I happen to find it extremely boring.
Likewise, I've nothing against originality provided the designer is talented & it's a well thought through idea.

It's disappointing when there are releases with poor artwork and yet people on the forums have come up with excellent alternatives and it's not even their job to do so.

Personally I'd have much preferred it to use the artwork from the first poster in levi's post in this case. A guy with a bunch of circles around him just isn't very impressive to me.

Edit: Here's a 5-minute mockup of what it might have looked like with that poster:

Moon.png

Last edited:
Interesting to read how many Ninjas are cancelling and hoping for a price drop. Knowing Zavvi, they'll probably put the price UP on this one after release!!!! :rolleyes:

I cancelled mine also, but only because I have so many other preorders and I already have the Canadian slip version of this so it was first to go!