UK
Release date: October 13th, 2014
Purchase Link: Zavvi
Price:
£12.99

Re-Release
Release Date:
July 31st ,2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live from around 6pm UK time on Saturday July 1st 2017)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 1000 Units

moon.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 58,095
Last edited by a moderator:

That looks awesome!

Sometimes I really wonder how people get their jobs, because no matter where you turn there are so many others that could do the job way better.
And the ones that do have the job doesnt even do it any good!

That looks awesome!

Sometimes I really wonder how people get their jobs, because no matter where you turn there are so many others that could do the job way better.
Thanks - I'm only a hobbyist when it comes to graphic design but wanted to see what it might be like :)

I agree, I swear sometimes the companies are just like "who will design this for us the cheapest?" and outsource it to whoever can.

It just highlights how fickle a lot of collectors are; constantly moan about prices yet cancel the cheapest exclusive Zavvi have released to date hoping for a price drop. :confused:
I'll happily buy steelbooks with bad artwork provided I'm paying bargain bin prices for it and the film is good. In this case I honestly don't think this is worth £12.99 for this artwork, hence waiting to see if there's a price drop.
Likewise I'll happily pay top dollar for quality steelbooks with good artwork.

Last edited:
That looks awesome!

The obvious answer is because people who work for movie studios have constraints which members of this forum don't.

I'll happily buy steelbooks with bad artwork provided I'm paying bargain bin prices for it and the film's good. In this case I honestly don't think this is worth £12.99.

Not liking the artwork is a valid reason to wait for a price drop, but that's not really what i'm talking about here.

Is there any photos of the back and inside yet?
It's one of my all time favourite movies, get this on Monday and see Clint Mansell on the Tuesday in Glasgow performing his film scores. Cannot wait to hear his score from Moon!!

• Informative
Reactions: Arikostinaal
Is this confirmed as the finished artwork? It seems a bit... well, it's hardly pushing the boat out, is it?
While I can't say for sure, I'd assume it was as Zavvi tend to plaster "Not final artwork" over it if it's not final artwork.
Is there any photos of the back and inside yet?
It's one of my all time favourite movies, get this on Monday and see Clint Mansell on the Tuesday in Glasgow performing his film scores. Cannot wait to hear his score from Moon!!
In general with Sony steelbooks you don't get to see back/inside until after they're released and people post photos.

• Informative
Reactions: Arikostinaal
I agree with justhedudeman :thumbs:. There's always an influx of complaints for and against using the VHS/DVD/poster art and when they go for something more original everyone says "Why didn't they go for the original poster art?".

Designers be like

post-24030-Mark-Wahlberg-confused-gif-Img-Bi1v.gif

So they stick to the original art and that's not good but when Sony tries something new with their new iconic wave people don't like that either. It's a lose-lose it seems.

What I and others complain about is when they don't use the original poster art, not the original DVD art. Home video art tends to be overly Photoshopped with floating heads and lots of text. I rarely see the original posters used. They usually reuse the DVD art or create something new. I don't see many people complain when they use the poster art, because people that design posters are usually artists and are allowed more creative control.

I'm very happy with the artwork and the price and as the only other steelbook I want to buy this month is Edge of Tomorrow I'd rather have it now than wait for a possible price drop.

This artwork would have been ok though...

moon.jpg

there are releases with poor artwork and yet people on the forums have come up with excellent alternatives and it's not even their job to do so
This. A. Million. Times.

It should be emblazoned at the top of every HDN page.

"Hi-Def Ninja - Our Members Do Steelbook Art Better Than The Professionals"

Or, y'know, Snoo could be right when he says that studio artists have restrictions. Which would both suck and explain a lot of the poor artwork.

All that being said, I preordered this weeks ago and I have no intention of cancelling. £13 for a fantastic film, steel or not :thumbs:

This was a blind buy for me so I'm hoping the movie will be good. The only reason I preordered in truth is because the slipcover for this is highly sought after and this has the same artwork. If its not spot/full gloss I will probably sell it on the bay.