UK
Release date: October 13th, 2014
Purchase Link: Zavvi
Price:
£12.99

Re-Release
Release Date:
July 31st ,2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live from around 6pm UK time on Saturday July 1st 2017)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 1000 Units

moon.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 58,088
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really care too much either way about Re-Releases, but I don't really get those recent ones: I've never heard anybody looking for either "Elysium" or "Moon". I've been looking for things like "Jaws", "Once upon a time in America", "Man on Fire", "Evil Dead 2", "Army of Darkness" etc. for ages, but if I had looked for "Elysium" or "Moon", I could have always picked those up on the secondary market for below cost price....
By doing this with unpopular releases first, then they're able to judge the level of resistance from collectors.

Dipping their toes into the water, before announcing the oncoming deluge of every popular title to follow.

Only concern for me would be if they re-release some of the rarer U.K. 1st editions with exactly the same artwork.
Examples being:-
HALO LEGENDS, 2012 (HMV), PRINCE OF PERSIA (HMV - 2 editions), SHOGUN ASSASSIN, THOR (HMV), PULP FICTION (PLAY), X-MEN: FIRST CLASS (PLAY), CAPTAIN AMERICA (HMV), DRIVE (HMV), IRON MAN 1 & 2 (PLAY) and JACK REACHER (Entertainment Store).
Not much bothered about most of the rest.