UK
Release date: October 13th, 2014
Purchase Link: Zavvi
Price:
£12.99

Re-Release
Release Date:
July 31st ,2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live from around 6pm UK time on Saturday July 1st 2017)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 1000 Units

moon.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 58,095
Last edited by a moderator:
Is it really "Zavvi" who are at fault? These recent 're-release' steels appeared on various European Amazon's awhile ago so surely Zavvi have just bought some from a supplier to sell also, instead of just Amazon making money off them. How much control do Zavvi really have over what is available to bring in and sell? I'm sure they'd make a lot more money re-releasing some rarer steels if they could get hold of a supply but this is what's out there so this is what they are selling, unfortunately.
Film Studios re-release their films all the time be it a amaray or a steelbook some will be same artwork or new artwork
With steelbooks lot more popular than 3-4 years ago you will see lot more re-releases of a previous steelbook as you have lot more steelbook collectors now than 3-4 years ago

These get re-released at various stages in different countries by various film studios
Zavvi have contracts with film studios so they will be offered in most cases first refusal on a release but if you reject a release you risk not been offered later releases

The purpose of a steelbook release is to be purchased and used by a customer they are not done for the possible re sale vaule none of them are

As you get lot more customers purchasing steelbooks the demand increases for new and previous releases to be done as a steelbook

Film Studios re-release their films all the time be it a amaray or a steelbook some will be same artwork or new artwork
With steelbooks lot more popular than 3-4 years ago you will see lot more re-releases of a previous steelbook as you have lot more steelbook collectors now than 3-4 years ago

These get re-released at various stages in different countries by various film studios
Zavvi have contracts with film studios so they will be offered in most cases first refusal on a release but if you reject a release you risk not been offered later releases

The purpose of a steelbook release is to be purchased and used by a customer they are not done for the possible re sale vaule none of them are

As you get lot more customers purchasing steelbooks the demand increases for new and previous releases to be done as a steelbook

Your on one today aren't you.....

;)

Yes, these are the bread and butter releases and really should not upset anyone.
If you already own these steelbooks . . . money saved :thumbs:
If you don't then chance to pick them up and not via the sometimes unpredictable and pricey secondary market :thumbs:
Win, win!
Re-releasing old titles does NOT prevent releasing of new titles . . . quite the opposite in fact.
Win!

That being said I'd prefer to see re-releases of steelbooks - released in other territories not in my territory - such as JOHN WICK 1 & 2, HEADSHOT, MOJIN, LIVE BY NIGHT, NEON DEMON, SECRET LIFE OF ANIMALS, 47 RONIN, SAN ANDREAS, INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS, JUPITER ASCENDING and so on.

Also like to see completed collections here in the U.K. of collections that were started here but never finished here (finished elsewhere tho) . . . such as the three from Stanley Kuibrick BARRY LYNDON, EYES WIDE SHUT and LOLITA etc.

As for MOON: It's a very decent steelbook and a worthy addition to any steelbook collection:-
II
V

Last edited:
Reactions: robbodoc
Your on one today aren't you.....

;)
I just always laugh you get the usual same posts the steelbook re-release has de valued their existing release they purchased
The existing release was not done for the purpose of later re sale possible value it might be sold at.

If you like a release you purchase and if you already have that release you don't need it but for those that missed out on a previous release they get to purchase at retail price instead of paying more than retail price.

If you already purchased a release you still have it so a re-release should not affect you unless of course you are a re seller

I purchase a release because I want that release
How limited a release is not a deciding factor if I want that release or not
If I purchase or not it makes no difference to me if limited to 100 or 10,000 or more
All I care about is if I can get that release some yes will be harder to get than others

Every steelbook I purchase is opened and used I don't purchase to keep sealed

• Thanks
Reactions: Mr.Vorhees
I just always laugh you get the usual same posts the steelbook re-release has de valued their existing release they purchased
The existing release was not done for the purpose of later re sale possible value it might be sold at.

If you like a release you purchase and if you already have that release you don't need it but for those that missed out on a previous release they get to purchase at retail price instead of paying more than retail price.

If you already purchased a release you still have it so a re-release should not affect you unless of course you are a re seller

I purchase a release because I want that release
How limited a release is not a deciding factor if I want that release or not
If I purchase or not it makes no difference to me if limited to 100 or 10,000 or more
All I care about is if I can get that release some yes will be harder to get than others

Every steelbook I purchase is opened and used I don't purchase to keep sealed

I know i know

I actually still need to get the chronicle, super 8 & 2012 steels but I'm not paying the prices zavvi are asking (for 2012)

I usually see all 3 of them floating around for £8 or less but I just haven't got around to getting them. Always forget

I do wish the original black 2012 matte release was gloss though

I know i know

I actually still need to get the chronicle, super 8 & 2012 steels but I'm not paying the prices zavvi are asking (for 2012)

I usually see all 3 of them floating around for £8 or less but I just haven't got around to getting them. Always forget

I do wish the original black 2012 matte release was gloss though
Super 8 is getting a re-release in Italy so you can expect that will also be available with Zavvi most likely

Reactions: Flloydo
What else you want re-released :giggle::rofl:
Be careful what you list you might annoy some collectors :LOL:

Oh I don't want it re released but I thought it might after seeing the Italian RR. Like i said before you can still pick most these up and the ones I mentioned for under £10 on the bay.

Moon might be different, haven't checked the secondary prices

Reactions: paulboland
Nothing to do with Zavvi
This and lot of other films are getting a re-release in europe by the film studios with various retailers
Zavvi have UK exclusive on the re-releases

Zavvi don't do any artwork design that's done by the film studio/distributors

Film Studios decide on a steelbook release and then offer these to a retailer to sell

Film Studios also don't do any steelbook releases for the purpose of customers selling for profit as in third party sellers

A release is done to be purchased by customers and the purpose of a re-release is for those that missed out on a previous release and is good so these customer they don't have to pay third party seller prices.
Thats fine and the profit making isnt an issue i was referring to. The point of collecting gets diminished if all items are freely available all time, may as well just buy amarays. There isnt a need to bring profit making on each topic here on every thread.

Thats fine and the profit making isnt an issue i was referring to. The point of collecting gets diminished if all items are freely available all time, may as well just buy amarays. There isnt a need to bring profit making on each topic here on every thread.
Steelbook are now very popular and lot of customers now purchase steelbooks instead of getting the amaray edition
Re-releases happen all the time with film studios be it a steelbook or a limited edition box set or a limited edition amaray release and same happens with Music releases

Reason why you now get a steelbook release for lot of new films compared to before and previous films get a steelbook release is lot of customers now purchase steelbooks and without the increased number of customers purchasing these steelbooks you would not have seen lot of the previous releases happen at all and that includes the premium retailers like Manta/Nova/Film Arena etc

Back Catalog is what keeps Film Studio Distributors and Record Companies in business and re-releases is the main part of that business
New release music makes little overall money in music business for example unless it becomes a good seller as a back catalog release same applies to Film releases on Blu-ray
If a film studio has a back catalog title that sells well it will be re-released many times

Both Films and Music have new customers every year as Kids become teens and then adults they then start to purchase Music and Films along with the existing customers who purchase

You get every day new customers worldwide purchasing Films and Music
Everytime a person starts working for the first time that is new customers with available funds

Re-releases are essential for the survival of the Film and Music business and is why you see re-release happen and without it you would not see new releases happen.

A re-release don't affect you if you already have it in your collection all it means is a customer who don't have a previous release can now purchase that release.

If you don't like steelbook re-releases get ready as there are lot more re-releases happening in coming months and next year and following years as you have new and existing customers spending money on films and music

Last edited:
Could well be my time to exit collecting.

The bullcrap that it doesn't affect collectors shows how little certain people understand what drives a great many.

My fear is that if they believe they represent my views, then they are purely motivated by their own financial gain in holding that view.

I could not care less who that upsets.

Actually was £5.99 almost exactly two years ago not too long before it sold out.
2014 ... 2,000 units = 9 months to sell out
That will mean very little to new collectors and we shall see if they consider 16 quid a decent price to pay for this decent steelbook.
2017 ... 1,000 units = 5 months to sell out (?)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Actually was £5.99 almost exactly two years ago not too long before it sold out.
2014 ... 2,000 units = 9 months to sell out
That will mean very little to new collectors and we shall see if they consider 16 quid a decent price to pay for this decent steelbook.
2017 ... 1,000 units = 5 months to sell out (?)
Price might drop be it on Zavvi or Amazon Italy if stock don't sell all at full price and even then they still make a profit when reducing the price and once they have made a profit retailer can then reduce even further.
The dealer price on this would have been lot less than it was when first released

It's less risk doing a shared print run between different retailers in different countries and even some new releases are been done that way now instead of having a print run of 2,000 or 4,000 in each country.

This particular release is not one I would have considered as a re-release compared to some other titles I like to see re-released
I already have this release so I don't need to purchase but there will some who not got it previously

Yes, i agree!

Could well be my time to exit collecting.

The bullcrap that it doesn't affect collectors shows how little certain people understand what drives a great many.

My fear is that if they believe they represent my views, then they are purely motivated by their own financial gain in holding that view.

I could not care less who that upsets.
Yes, i agree with you too.

Reactions: Starling