Release date: April 22, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi HMV
Price: £29.99

12017843-5354666510762533.jpg

12017843-8954666510909938.jpg
12017843-6814666510435005.jpg
71428546-A2D3-4C71-BFD9-4193DDC20514.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s already expected to be one of the biggest flops of the year, so don’t expect any more in series. All reviews have been pretty average to poor and everyone that I know that has seen it has said it sucks.
Easy pass.

• Informative
Reactions: Radagast
It's a shame. I haven't seen it yet but I loved the books as a kid and so I expected a Hollywood adaptation of a YA series seventeen years after it's initial release to flop hard. Still, will have to make up my mind after viewing.

Just seen it. It wasn't great but I got a something out of it as a fan of the books, seeing it realised on the screen, but they changed a lot for the worse and if you haven't read them I can see this one being quite impenetrable.

Well, that's a lot of bad reviews and comments about it, enough for me to finally decide to pass on this one. :(
I found the first half to be quite enjoyable. Second half not so much. Not bad, just became predictable. Steelbook looks good but I dont think i would pick it up at full price. May be a slipcover in the future.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Uni's killing it in the Steelbook mockup game

The actual Steelbooks they release are some of the least interesting however

Note

You can't pre order this with HMV at the moment

All pre orders products are listed as sold out due to HMV been in administration

After the art reveal I was kind of looking forward to this release but now that seems like it won't happen, unless someone else can pick up all of HMV's preorders. Didn't Amazon pickup all their preorder stuff the last time they had this problem?

I loved this movie. I dont care what rotten tomatoes say
I hate how they put RT stickers on Amaray slipcovers. Some even just print them! Since when did we approve RT as a credible source for ratings? No real movie fan would approve of them. I also hate how the whole industry seems to have this narrative that 'if it's fresh on RT then the movie is good". Just...no :stop:

Anywhoo, imo, this movie was just meh, hahah. Tbh, i really liked the world building elements but it didnt really go anywhere. I liked the first half but the second half got predictable and boring. But if you enjoyed it well then :thumbs:

I hate how they put RT stickers on Amaray slipcovers. Some even just print them! Since when did we approve RT as a credible source for ratings? No real movie fan would approve of them. I also hate how the whole industry seems to have this narrative that 'if it's fresh on RT then the movie is good". Just...no :stop

Agree with this 100%. As long as you personally enjoyed the movie who cares what RT and critics have to say?