Movies that remain unreleased / have no blu-ray release so far?

Oh, I was wondering where such a topic was on this forum.
Edit: this is quickly turning into my biggest post ever here, sorry everyone, but it's about my all time favourite films, 80% of which still weren't released.

First about some that did finally come out.
Waited for some movies to even be released on DVD at first, like Howard the Duck, but then there was a downpour of versions of that one.

Some still aren't available everywhere, like the great Flirting with Disaster comedy, got it finally from Spain, I think it was later released in Japan as well.
Very Bad Things was only out in Germany, but recently got a Shout Select disc in US, even with some new extras. It is one of the best, darkest black comedies of all time.
Mad City with Travolta and Dustin Hoffman finally got a release only in France last month!
Mini's First Time, nice sarcastic movie ala Wild Things, with Goldblum, Carrie-Ann Moss, and Alec Baldwin, still out only in Germany.
Same with Brokedown Palace, finally came out 2 years ago.
One of all-time favorite sci-fi films, Impostor (2001) only in US.
The Pledge, Sean Penn's third movie, seems to finally come out in the US on a barebones BD with 2.0 audio...
Cube 2 it appears was released in Italy, didn't know.
It seems I also missed the release of The Fly 2, wasn't buying much in 2018-19. Gotta get it now!
Fierce Creatures finally got a release 2 years ago, excellent comedy.
Space Truckers came out recently as well!
The Ice Harvest with Cusack and Billy Bob released 3 years ago made me very happy. "One night driving a Mercedes, and already you're an asshole!" True... true.
Also Big Trouble, amazing comedy ensemble was released, delayed in its time for making fun of lax airport security.
Hackers got released!
Bowfinger was on the list some time.
Whole Nine Yards! Amanda Peet is awesome in it.
Idle Hands even got an SE.

Some are still stuck on 1 disc with 1-2 other movies, like Ordinary Decent Criminal with Kevin Spacey. Thankfully the other two also interested me, especially his directorial debut Albino Alligator, but that one they managed to release separately later, a few times.
Trigger Effect out just last year, with Shue, Mulroney and MacLachlan only paired on disc together with Body Count, but that one has Linda Fiorentino, so, OK.

Looking at my old post 8 years ago on another forum, crazy to think we didn't even have Weird Science or de Palma's Snake Eyes till 2013.
Last Seduction was released sometime after.
David Mamet's Heist too.
3000 Miles to Graceland with Kevin Costner
A Life Less Ordinary as well.
The Last Supper, also with Caneron Diaz, barebones BD in 2018.
Not Another Teen Movie, the best parody, finally released in 2016.
Once Upon a Crime a couple years ago.
Cronenberg's Crash just this year! Although in UHD right away.
Wonder Boys got a BD only last November!
The Saint with Val Kilmer and Elizabeth Shue also finally came out this year (BD only).
Deep Cover with Lawrence Fishburne and Goldblum released this year, in a SE to boot.
Suicide Kings with Christopher Walken in a mediabook in Germany last year.
Also Soderberg's The Limey.
Get Carter with Stallone waiting to receive just now!

Started checking the list of what wasn't out then... OMFG Swimming with Sharks FINALLY came out this summer in UK, and I missed it! Oh ****, I'm so happy!
I'll grab it, but I just know they'll do a special edition soon after, and maybe a mediabook. But I've been waiting 15 years!

I was adding to both lists from mine, so it's a bit chaotic, and I thought at first, look, many titles got at least a simple BD over the last 8 years... but a lot more still hasn't!

STILL NOT RELEASED!
If anyone has any info on any release of the following, please-please let me know!

TimeCode - Mike Figgis' awesome experimental movie, filmed by 4 cameras in real time, screen split in 4, arranged to interact like a musical piece. They basically filmed the whole movie 28 times, 28th was released (DVD has the 1st version as well). Watched it when was living in LA, with Figgis himself doing a live audio mix (bringing forward audio from one of 4 cameras).

Femme Fatale - favorite Brian de Palma film with Banderas and Rebecca Romijn.

Zero Effect - quirky detective comedy with Bill Pullman and Kim Dickens.

Hurlyburly - the best comedy about hollywood types, set in one house in Hollywood Hills (based on a play by David Rabe, rewritten by him here), with the most excellent cast: Sean Penn, Robin Wright Penn (at the time), Kevin Spacey, Chazz Palminteri, Anna Paquin, Garry Shandling, and Meg Ryan as a prostitute!
"At least I know I don't know what I mean, which is better than most people. They probably think they know what they mean, not just what they think they mean!"

The Anniversary Party - another Hollywood Hills party type film set in one house, a bit different in mood, lighter, still great, with another excellent cast: Jennifer Jason Lee, Parker Posey, Phoebe Cates (her last appearance in movies), Kevin Kline, Alan Cumming, Jennifer Beals, Jane Adams, Gwyneth Paltrow, John C. Reilly, and others!

Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever - great action film with Banderas and Lucy Liu. I know this one was smashed by critics and viewers, but I like it, its music selection of the time, its action sets, which are cool and realistic and I can see what's going on and done without CGI and with actors in the moment in place right there, not cut away and filmed separately. Like if there's an explosion, the camera pans from it towards the actor staring at it, etc.
Either way, I got gigantic 2-meter high theatrical character posters on tarpaulin that hanged in theater lobby, and no movie on BD!

Eye of the Beholder - very enthralling strange globe hopping spy drama that just does not let go of me, I love it! Starring Ewan McGregor and Ashley Judd.

It's the Rage - an ensemble dramedy about gun violence that does not feel preachy, imagine that in today's climate. Another amazing cast: Anna Paquin, Giovanni Ribisi, Jeff Daniels, David Schwimmer, Joan Allen, Robert Forster, Andre Braugher, Joan Allen and Gary Sinise as a reclusive programmer playing GameBoy in Rick Deckard's house.
Also like the song featured during end credits, check it out, it's short.

The House of Yes - basically most movies starring Parker Posey aren't available on Blu-ray, except for those Christopher Guest ensembles, and some were recently released by Hal Hartley himself, as he owns the rights to his movies, which is uniquely incredible - i spent $200 supporting his digipack editions. But this film is the most known of hers, and it's incredible it still wasn't released anywhere.

Party Girl - "He-he-hello!" another Parker Posey film, but this one is a personal favorite, I was that age, I went to the clubs (now they seem too loud, kinda like in that episode of How I Met Your Mother), listened to that kind of music, and I was freaking in love with Posey so much, it influenced my life choices for a similar girl a few times.
Oh, and, of course:
EPuU3sb.png

In the Company of Men - First film by Neil LaBute, I can understand why such a misogynistic, offensive movie isn't released yet, but, honestly, worst crap is out everywhere, and it actually had a reverse effect on me, I went to learn sign language and befriend some wonderful deaf people, that's how much I loved Stacey Edward's performance here. Still a great movie on its own. Can't ban or censor stuff because of "current party message'.

Your Friends and Neighbors - second film written-directed by LaBute, even better, than the first. It just bites you all over, great cast as well: Aaron Eckhart from the previous one is joined by even more ruthless Jason Patric, Amy Brenneman, Nastassja Kinski, Catherine Keener, and Ben Stiller.

Happiness - Second film by Todd Solondz, extremely rough social satire dealing with pedophilia, suicide and murder, that touches you inside. Philip Seymour Hoffman, Lara Flynn Boyle, Dylan Baker and Jane Adams.

Storytelling - Solondz' third feature, was famous at the time for being censored by big red blocks on screen, intentionally to shove it to the MPAA. How are some of his films even on Criterion BD, but not the aforementioned two?

Bulworth - ingenious political satire, there is just no better in the genre, amazes me it's not out all these years!
Starring and directed by such legend as Warren Beatty, with Oliver Platt, Halle Berry, and Don Cheadle, among others.

Wag the Dog - another great political comedy that basically predicted the Clinton-Lewinsky scandal, with Dustin Hoffman and DeNiro, no BD either?

Weekend at Bernie's 2 - c'mon, got first, gotta have the second!

The Center of the World - 'independent' little erotic drama with Molly Parker and Peter Sarsgærd, and a great 'eclectic' soundtrack. You all know where the center of the world is, right?

Panic - very nice drama about a hitman with William H. Macy and Neve Campbell.

Red Corner - powerful drama with Richard Gere (he was a big advocate for freedom of Tibet) about Chinese judicial system, made me cry.

Novocaine - fun dark comedy with Steve Martin.

Pushing Tin - nice love triangle dramedy with Angelina Jolie at her appetizing self top, and Cusack, John, with Billy Bob salivating on the sides.

The Village - Shyamalan's best twist in a movie, and still not out on BD...

Nothing to Lose - Nice comedy with Tim Robbins, Martin Lawrence, and a little bit of extremely beautiful Kelly Preston. After this I got a GMC truck, my first car.

The Ref - another great black comedy with Kevin Spacey and Denis Leary (I guess I'm a Spacey fan).

Goodbye Lover - an excellent film in a much loved theme of mine, where someone, or everyone, screws everyone else over, and gets away with it. Patricia Arquette, Dermot Mulroney, Mary-Louise Parker and Ellen DeGeneres.

2 Days in the Valley - Still not out, cannot believe it. Excellent creepy hitman James Spader, Charlize Theron's first role, and chick fight, with Teri Harcher, also Eric Stoltz, Jeff Daniels, Danny Aiello... just a great criminal comedy about intersecting paths, another element I truly love in movies.

Walking and Talking;
Lovely and Amazing;

Friends with Money - all three Nicole Holofcener movies, all three with Catherine Keener, and Anne Heche and Liev Schreiber;
Dermot Mulroney, Emily Mortimer, and Jake Gyllenhaal;
Jennifer Aniston, Joan Cusack, and Frances McDormand, respectively.
Would accept on one disc with no extras, just, please...

Palmetto - #^&@?!? Going further down the list I only have expletives. Frackin awesome criminal neo-noir with Elizabeth Shue, Gina frackin' Gershon, and even Chloe 'lickin' Sevigny, with Woody frackin Harrelson, everyone frackin each other over. Frack!

Noticing 1998 a lot, best year for unreleased on BD movies.

Stranger than Fiction - there are more than 3 movies with that title, this is the one where everyone what... that's right, screws everyone else over, we're learning a tendency here, good. Starring Dina Meyer, Natasha Gregson Wagner, and Todd Field.
Speaking if 1998, Natasha, and two girls and a guy, where's...

Two Girls and a Guy (1998) - Robert Downey Jr., Natasha, and Heather Graham talking about sex. Maybe that's the problem here, so how about...

The Opposite of Sex (1998) - nope, still 1998, still no Blu-ray, even Christina Ricci can't help.

Where Sleeping Dogs Lie - Dylan McDermott and Sharon Stone get a visit from Tom Sizemore.

Permanent Midnight - Autobiographical dramedy with Ben Stiller, Maria Bello, Elizabeth Hurley, Janeane Garofalo, Connie Nielsen, and Owen Wilson, but, 1998, so cannot be on Blu-ray.

Nick of Time - interesting thriller with events happening in real time, long before '24', with Johnny Depp and Christopher Walken.

Panic Room - excellent thriller with Jodie Foster, 20 year anniversary next year, still no Blu-ray...

Bringing out the Dead - Nicolas Cage, Tom Sizemore, Patricia Arquette and Ving Rhames in a Martin Scorsese movie about the state of public health in the US, and the health of its emergency workers... no Blu-ray

Laurel Canyon - From Lisa Cholodenko (High Art), starring Francis McDermott, Cate Beckinsale, Natascha McElhone, Christian Bale, and Alessandro Nivola

CONfidence - great grifter crime drama with Dustin Hoffman, Rachel Weisz, Edward Burns, Andy Garcia and others

Simone (S1m0ne) - Andrew Niccol's second movie with Al Pacino and Rachel Roberts, about a director getting tired of actresses' behavior and requests, and creating a virtual actress as an F-U to everyone, a bit ahead of its time, still not out!

Forces of Nature - the most beautiful Sandra Bullock has ever looked, and no HD disc.

200 Cigarettes - a New Years comedy ensemble with yet another great cast: Kate Hudson, Courtney Love, Christina Ricci, Ben and Casey Affleck, Paul Rudd, Jay Mohr, and Angela Featherstone among others.

I've skipped some, that came out a while ago (Empire Records), or weren't that important, like Critters 1-4. I'm just tired, it's taken me 6 hours as is. EEK!

How is all this not out on Blu-ray?!

I will be honestly downloading HD copies of whatever is available out of these, I've waited long enough.

parker-posey.gif

Death to Smoochy has no blu-ray and that should be a crime.
Absolutely! Been on my list for a while, one of top favorite black comedies!
Robin Williams was best in such films later in his life.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: dfoles
Oh, I was wondering where such a topic was on this forum.
Edit: this is quickly turning into my biggest post ever here, sorry everyone, but it's about my all time favourite films, 80% of which still weren't released.

First about some that did finally come out.
Waited for some movies to even be released on DVD at first, like Howard the Duck, but then there was a downpour of versions of that one.

Some still aren't available everywhere, like the great Flirting with Disaster comedy, got it finally from Spain, I think it was later released in Japan as well.
Very Bad Things was only out in Germany, but recently got a Shout Select disc in US, even with some new extras. It is one of the best, darkest black comedies of all time.
Mad City with Travolta and Dustin Hoffman finally got a release only in France last month!
Mini's First Time, nice sarcastic movie ala Wild Things, with Goldblum, Carrie-Ann Moss, and Alec Baldwin, still out only in Germany.
Same with Brokedown Palace, finally came out 2 years ago.
One of all-time favorite sci-fi films, Impostor (2001) only in US.
The Pledge, Sean Penn's third movie, seems to finally come out in the US on a barebones BD with 2.0 audio...
Cube 2 it appears was released in Italy, didn't know.
It seems I also missed the release of The Fly 2, wasn't buying much in 2018-19. Gotta get it now!
Fierce Creatures finally got a release 2 years ago, excellent comedy.
Space Truckers came out recently as well!
The Ice Harvest with Cusack and Billy Bob released 3 years ago made me very happy. "One night driving a Mercedes, and already you're an asshole!" True... true.
Also Big Trouble, amazing comedy ensemble was released, delayed in its time for making fun of lax airport security.
Hackers got released!
Bowfinger was on the list some time.
Whole Nine Yards! Amanda Peet is awesome in it.
Idle Hands even got an SE.

Some are still stuck on 1 disc with 1-2 other movies, like Ordinary Decent Criminal with Kevin Spacey. Thankfully the other two also interested me, especially his directorial debut Albino Alligator, but that one they managed to release separately later, a few times.
Trigger Effect out just last year, with Shue, Mulroney and MacLachlan only paired on disc together with Body Count, but that one has Linda Fiorentino, so, OK.

Looking at my old post 8 years ago on another forum, crazy to think we didn't even have Weird Science or de Palma's Snake Eyes till 2013.
Last Seduction was released sometime after.
David Mamet's Heist too.
3000 Miles to Graceland with Kevin Costner
A Life Less Ordinary as well.
The Last Supper, also with Caneron Diaz, barebones BD in 2018.
Not Another Teen Movie, the best parody, finally released in 2016.
Once Upon a Crime a couple years ago.
Cronenberg's Crash just this year! Although in UHD right away.
Wonder Boys got a BD only last November!
The Saint with Val Kilmer and Elizabeth Shue also finally came out this year (BD only).
Deep Cover with Lawrence Fishburne and Goldblum released this year, in a SE to boot.
Suicide Kings with Christopher Walken in a mediabook in Germany last year.
Also Soderberg's The Limey.
Get Carter with Stallone waiting to receive just now!

Started checking the list of what wasn't out then... OMFG Swimming with Sharks FINALLY came out this summer in UK, and I missed it! Oh ****, I'm so happy!
I'll grab it, but I just know they'll do a special edition soon after, and maybe a mediabook. But I've been waiting 15 years!

I was adding to both lists from mine, so it's a bit chaotic, and I thought at first, look, many titles got at least a simple BD over the last 8 years... but a lot more still hasn't!

STILL NOT RELEASED!
If anyone has any info on any release of the following, please-please let me know!

TimeCode - Mike Figgis' awesome experimental movie, filmed by 4 cameras in real time, screen split in 4, arranged to interact like a musical piece. They basically filmed the whole movie 28 times, 28th was released (DVD has the 1st version as well). Watched it when was living in LA, with Figgis himself doing a live audio mix (bringing forward audio from one of 4 cameras).

Femme Fatale - favorite Brian de Palma film with Banderas and Rebecca Romijn.

Zero Effect - quirky detective comedy with Bill Pullman and Kim Dickens.

Hurlyburly - the best comedy about hollywood types, set in one house in Hollywood Hills (based on a play by David Rabe, rewritten by him here), with the most excellent cast: Sean Penn, Robin Wright Penn (at the time), Kevin Spacey, Chazz Palminteri, Anna Paquin, Garry Shandling, and Meg Ryan as a prostitute!
"At least I know I don't know what I mean, which is better than most people. They probably think they know what they mean, not just what they think they mean!"

The Anniversary Party - another Hollywood Hills party type film set in one house, a bit different in mood, lighter, still great, with another excellent cast: Jennifer Jason Lee, Parker Posey, Phoebe Cates (her last appearance in movies), Kevin Kline, Alan Cumming, Jennifer Beals, Jane Adams, Gwyneth Paltrow, John C. Reilly, and others!

Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever - great action film with Banderas and Lucy Liu. I know this one was smashed by critics and viewers, but I like it, its music selection of the time, its action sets, which are cool and realistic and I can see what's going on and done without CGI and with actors in the moment in place right there, not cut away and filmed separately. Like if there's an explosion, the camera pans from it towards the actor staring at it, etc.
Either way, I got gigantic 2-meter high theatrical character posters on tarpaulin that hanged in theater lobby, and no movie on BD!

Eye of the Beholder - very enthralling strange globe hopping spy drama that just does not let go of me, I love it! Starring Ewan McGregor and Ashley Judd.

It's the Rage - an ensemble dramedy about gun violence that does not feel preachy, imagine that in today's climate. Another amazing cast: Anna Paquin, Giovanni Ribisi, Jeff Daniels, David Schwimmer, Joan Allen, Robert Forster, Andre Braugher, Joan Allen and Gary Sinise as a reclusive programmer playing GameBoy in Rick Deckard's house.
Also like the song featured during end credits, check it out, it's short.

The House of Yes - basically most movies starring Parker Posey aren't available on Blu-ray, except for those Christopher Guest ensembles, and some were recently released by Hal Hartley himself, as he owns the rights to his movies, which is uniquely incredible - i spent $200 supporting his digipack editions. But this film is the most known of hers, and it's incredible it still wasn't released anywhere.

Party Girl - "He-he-hello!" another Parker Posey film, but this one is a personal favorite, I was that age, I went to the clubs (now they seem too loud, kinda like in that episode of How I Met Your Mother), listened to that kind of music, and I was freaking in love with Posey so much, it influenced my life choices for a similar girl a few times.
Oh, and, of course:
View attachment 519329

In the Company of Men - First film by Neil LaBute, I can understand why such a misogynistic, offensive movie isn't released yet, but, honestly, worst crap is out everywhere, and it actually had a reverse effect on me, I went to learn sign language and befriend some wonderful deaf people, that's how much I loved Stacey Edward's performance here. Still a great movie on its own. Can't ban or censor stuff because of "current party message'.

Your Friends and Neighbors - second film written-directed by LaBute, even better, than the first. It just bites you all over, great cast as well: Aaron Eckhart from the previous one is joined by even more ruthless Jason Patric, Amy Brenneman, Nastassja Kinski, Catherine Keener, and Ben Stiller.

Happiness - Second film by Todd Solondz, extremely rough social satire dealing with pedophilia, suicide and murder, that touches you inside. Philip Seymour Hoffman, Lara Flynn Boyle, Dylan Baker and Jane Adams.

Storytelling - Solondz' third feature, was famous at the time for being censored by big red blocks on screen, intentionally to shove it to the MPAA. How are some of his films even on Criterion BD, but not the aforementioned two?

Bulworth - ingenious political satire, there is just no better in the genre, amazes me it's not out all these years!
Starring and directed by such legend as Warren Beatty, with Oliver Platt, Halle Berry, and Don Cheadle, among others.

Wag the Dog - another great political comedy that basically predicted the Clinton-Lewinsky scandal, with Dustin Hoffman and DeNiro, no BD either?

Weekend at Bernie's 2 - c'mon, got first, gotta have the second!

The Center of the World - 'independent' little erotic drama with Molly Parker and Peter Sarsgærd, and a great 'eclectic' soundtrack. You all know where the center of the world is, right?

Panic - very nice drama about a hitman with William H. Macy and Neve Campbell.

Red Corner - powerful drama with Richard Gere (he was a big advocate for freedom of Tibet) about Chinese judicial system, made me cry.

Novocaine - fun dark comedy with Steve Martin.

Pushing Tin - nice love triangle dramedy with Angelina Jolie at her appetizing self top, and Cusack, John, with Billy Bob salivating on the sides.

The Village - Shyamalan's best twist in a movie, and still not out on BD...

Nothing to Lose - Nice comedy with Tim Robbins, Martin Lawrence, and a little bit of extremely beautiful Kelly Preston. After this I got a GMC truck, my first car.

The Ref - another great black comedy with Kevin Spacey and Denis Leary (I guess I'm a Spacey fan).

Goodbye Lover - an excellent film in a much loved theme of mine, where someone, or everyone, screws everyone else over, and gets away with it. Patricia Arquette, Dermot Mulroney, Mary-Louise Parker and Ellen DeGeneres.

2 Days in the Valley - Still not out, cannot believe it. Excellent creepy hitman James Spader, Charlize Theron's first role, and chick fight, with Teri Harcher, also Eric Stoltz, Jeff Daniels, Danny Aiello... just a great criminal comedy about intersecting paths, another element I truly love in movies.

Walking and Talking;
Lovely and Amazing;

Friends with Money - all three Nicole Holofcener movies, all three with Catherine Keener, and Anne Heche and Liev Schreiber;
Dermot Mulroney, Emily Mortimer, and Jake Gyllenhaal;
Jennifer Aniston, Joan Cusack, and Frances McDormand, respectively.
Would accept on one disc with no extras, just, please...

Palmetto - #^&@?!? Going further down the list I only have expletives. Frackin awesome criminal neo-noir with Elizabeth Shue, Gina frackin' Gershon, and even Chloe 'lickin' Sevigny, with Woody frackin Harrelson, everyone frackin each other over. Frack!

Noticing 1998 a lot, best year for unreleased on BD movies.

Stranger than Fiction - there are more than 3 movies with that title, this is the one where everyone what... that's right, screws everyone else over, we're learning a tendency here, good. Starring Dina Meyer, Natasha Gregson Wagner, and Todd Field.
Speaking if 1998, Natasha, and two girls and a guy, where's...

Two Girls and a Guy (1998) - Robert Downey Jr., Natasha, and Heather Graham talking about sex. Maybe that's the problem here, so how about...

The Opposite of Sex (1998) - nope, still 1998, still no Blu-ray, even Christina Ricci can't help.

Where Sleeping Dogs Lie - Dylan McDermott and Sharon Stone get a visit from Tom Sizemore.

Permanent Midnight - Autobiographical dramedy with Ben Stiller, Maria Bello, Elizabeth Hurley, Janeane Garofalo, Connie Nielsen, and Owen Wilson, but, 1998, so cannot be on Blu-ray.

Nick of Time - interesting thriller with events happening in real time, long before '24', with Johnny Depp and Christopher Walken.

Panic Room - excellent thriller with Jodie Foster, 20 year anniversary next year, still no Blu-ray...

Bringing out the Dead - Nicolas Cage, Tom Sizemore, Patricia Arquette and Ving Rhames in a Martin Scorsese movie about the state of public health in the US, and the health of its emergency workers... no Blu-ray

Laurel Canyon - From Lisa Cholodenko (High Art), starring Francis McDermott, Cate Beckinsale, Natascha McElhone, Christian Bale, and Alessandro Nivola

CONfidence - great grifter crime drama with Dustin Hoffman, Rachel Weisz, Edward Burns, Andy Garcia and others

Simone (S1m0ne) - Andrew Niccol's second movie with Al Pacino and Rachel Roberts, about a director getting tired of actresses' behavior and requests, and creating a virtual actress as an F-U to everyone, a bit ahead of its time, still not out!

Forces of Nature - the most beautiful Sandra Bullock has ever looked, and no HD disc.

200 Cigarettes - a New Years comedy ensemble with yet another great cast: Kate Hudson, Courtney Love, Christina Ricci, Ben and Casey Affleck, Paul Rudd, Jay Mohr, and Angela Featherstone among others.

I've skipped some, that came out a while ago (Empire Records), or weren't that important, like Critters 1-4. I'm just tired, it's taken me 6 hours as is. EEK!

How is all this not out on Blu-ray?!

I will be honestly downloading HD copies of whatever is available out of these, I've waited long enough.

View attachment 519342

Absolutely! Been on my list for a while, one of top favorite black comedies!
Robin Williams was best in such films later in his life.

The Village and Bringing Out The Dead is available to steam in HD on Disney+ via Star.

Probably the closest you'll get to a BD for now...

The Village and Bringing Out The Dead is available to steam in HD on Disney+ via Star.

Probably the closest you'll get to a BD for now...
Yeah, thanks, I saw some of the titles during searching, actually most of them, as being available on up to 6 different streaming services (not always HD). That's what I meant by 'downloading copies' at the end. :cheers:

You probably know this already but 200 Cigarettes is getting a blu-ray release in the US next Tuesday the 15th.

And apparently a Panic Room 4K release is coming sometime this year. It was originally listed for March I think before it got pushed back.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lenny Nero
You probably know this already but 200 Cigarettes is getting a blu-ray release in the US next Tuesday the 15th.

And apparently a Panic Room 4K release is coming sometime this year. It was originally listed for March I think before it got pushed back.
Yes, indeed, one long preordered (and started a topic here for that release), heard about the other, hope it's true.
But thank you for reading that long post and reaching out!

Reactions: Strangerbyday
I'd love to see The Stepford Wives (1975) on blu-ray. But I doubt we'll get it anytime soon (if ever) given its unique situation with Bristol Myers Squibb controlling the licensing rights.

waiting for House of Gucci, The Batman and Spiderman no way home
Are you kidding me? This is a thread about movies not coming out on BD for years, some for decades, with people hoping for at least an obscure, barebones release in any one country, and you list three popular recent titles that are announced and 100% coming, in multiple forms and editions, everywhere.

Are you kidding me? This is a thread about movies not coming out on BD for years, some for decades, with people hoping for at least an obscure, barebones release in any one country, and you list three popular recent titles that are announced and 100% coming, in multiple forms and editions, everywhere.
I thought that too.. :D

Been going through my discs, it appears I did buy Permanent Midnight on a Blu-ray a few years ago, French release I think, but it's nowhere near HD, just an upconverted DVD, interlaced, no 5.1 audio from the DVD, or the director commentary. So, still needs a proper release.

Meanwhile Nick of Time and Femme Fatale were released in US.

I'd like to see both cuts of William Friedkin's RAMPAGE on Blu. It only received a very limited DVD release in Eastern Europe. The other is John Frankenheimer's YEAR OF THE GUN, with the English subtitles from the cinema/VHS print - which were bizarrely removed for the DVD, re-instated.

Attachments

• MV5BYjRiOTViYWYtNzRkNS00NjVhLTkzMjItMjJhNzViZWU2ZWRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BYjRiOTViYWYtNzRkNS00NjVhLTkzMjItMjJhNzViZWU2ZWRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 90
Ok. Admittedly this is an acquired taste…

He’s My Girl.

1670957569076.jpeg

A rather strange and not very well received movie with cross dressing. Elements of a very poor man’s Some Like It Hot. But it has Jennifer Tilly, who I adore, T K Carter and David Clennon from Carpenter’s ’The Thing’, and Bibi Besch from The Wrath of Khan, so it’s a guilty pleasure. I’ve only ever seen a German dubbed laserdisc.