Movies that remain unreleased / have no blu-ray release so far?

My big wants are the usual ones that I have every single year: What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, The Abyss, True Lies, Titan A.E., Small Soldiers, The Village, Mr. Holland’s Opus, and Mystery, Alaska.

And then I also want to see Buffy’s complete series on Blu-ray, but with Disney buying Fox this year, I doubt that’ll ever happen now.

Gilbert has several region free releases, here's one. Could find cheaper ones too ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wristcutters - A Love Story
I watched this at Sundance film festival 2006. :)

51Ph-p9F15L.jpg

I've been waiting for an announcement for Breakdown (1996 with Kurt Russell) to be released on Blu Ray for years. I loved that film.

Lo and behold, I've just watched it on Netflix in what appeared to be HD.

So there seems to be a HD transfer out there for it. Fingers crossed for a BD release soon.....

Paperhouse (1988)
This unknown little film previously got a release, although nobody thought it ever will. Did anybody watch it?. It came only in in Mediabook and I don`t know if I should spend that much money on it.

Reactions: C.C. 95
"San Fernando Cowboy" (also known as "Down in the Valley") from 2006 still has no Blu-Ray release.
1578706897404.png
1578707287590.png

Last edited:
As much as I'd like Buffy, as much as I'd like Angel, as much as I'd like The Abyss & True Lies & a host of other titles, my one big want is just 3 little words...

The. West. Wing.

There`s a flood of exploiters, horror films and trash that is coming on DVD in the next time and they are very unknown. Maybe someone knows one of them and can tell if I should get it. Thanks
1584646083212.png
1584646108485.png
1584646135904.png
1584646175001.png
1584646211122.png

1584646244252.png
1584646270967.png
1584646301951.png
1584646338729.png
1584646381724.png

Freaked (1993)

Actually I'm not sure if there has been a release for this on Bluray, if there has id love to own a copy :thumbs:

Along with wild at heart and raising arizona it's my favourite Cage performance. Even when it came out there was no general UK cinema release and it pretty much vanished.. its a very good N.Y Scorsese directed, Schrader written movie.. underrated imo ..and bizarrely unavailable..perhaps there are rights issues on preventing this one being released or everyone else thinks it's a terrible movie :)

I don't buy one on purpose. If I buy one, I'll likely go overboard and end up building a new house out of my amarays because the bank will take mine away. :LOL:
That's understandable, dude, but what I've found since my wifey bought me a region free player is that I'm no longer pigeon holed to the US release, and can choose a steel more in line with my sensibilities, such as John Wick 3, which the US version did nothing for me, but the french version, which I bought, rocked my JW world. Been a few other films as well where I opted overseas just because I preferred that particular cover of the steel. I don't go overboard buying everything in sight, but I have the freedom of options.

As far as films not on blu, I would beg to have White Line Fever and Emperor of the North on blu. Prefereably steel...but blu would work. Would also love to see Disneys Worlds Greatest Athlete on blu/steel.

Reactions: tridon
[QUOTEAs far as films not on blu, I would beg to have White Line Fever and Emperor of the North on blu. Prefereably steel...but blu would work. Would also love to see Disneys Worlds Greatest Athlete on blu/steel.[/QUOTE]

Emperor of the North has had a Twilight Times release but it now goes for £200 at least on ebay.
White Line Fever is available on amazon.uk for £11.72
Worlds Greatest Athlete is only on DVD at the minute