May 30, 2014
Release date: December 1, 2015
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: $19.98
Best Buy SKU: 4583968

Thx to Akijama at BD forum

sDJgk3L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest change in the remaster is not the picture but the audio. The picture isn't really that different, but appears cleaner, shows off the grain more. But the audio is LEAPS ahead.

Reactions: dfoles
It showed up as available for pickup at the Best Buy near work yesterday, but when I went there I didn't see it on the shelves. I did see all the new Pop Art MetalPaks as well as the Expendables not-sure-what-they-are-but-they-kinda-look-like-vivas few of which were in decent condition (but I'm holding out for some closer-to-mint ones at the locations near my home).

It's a shame, too, because the Steelbook looks pretty great. I never saw the earlier two "sibling" releases on the shelves, but now I'm incentivized to try to find them on the secondary market if they're not too expensive.

Got one at my best buy this morning they only had 2, they redid there sections a bit the bond steels are now gone (I missed 2) and they also had more copies of Elf, Christmas story and Elf from last year on the shelves (Nice getting a good holiday collection of steel books). Still can't find the new pop art ones. Love this movie glad to grab it.

the finish looks similar the other christmas titles warner released in 2013 (elf, scrooged, a christmas story).
It is, very much so, fits right in as if it was released right alongside the rest.

Side Note: Saw a ton of spine slashes at my local Best Buy too.

So National Lanpoon's Christmas Vacation is my all time favourite Xmas film so naturally I was excited that a remastered steelbook got announced and made sure it was pre-ordered right away.

That excitement turned to disappointment since those useless pricks at Amazon.com used a ******* padded envelope to send it internationally!

Already lodged a complaint which resulted in my money being swiftly refunded but gutted that it's OOP now so I can't request a replacement

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I Managed to straighten the spine using a bit of elbow grease and got some of the dent out on the front. But bloody hell was I annoyed yesterday! At least the disc works though lol

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 150
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 147
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 129
  • Informative
So National Lanpoon's Christmas Vacation is my all time favourite Xmas film so naturally I was excited that a remastered steelbook got announced and made sure it was pre-ordered right away.

That excitement turned to disappointment since those useless pricks at Amazon.com used a ******* padded envelope to send it internationally!

Already lodged a complaint which resulted in my money being swiftly refunded but gutted that it's OOP now so I can't request a replacement

View attachment 207083 View attachment 207084

I Managed to straighten the spine using a bit of elbow grease and got some of the dent out on the front. But bloody hell was I annoyed yesterday! At least the disc works though lol

View attachment 207085

Mine arrived from Amazon.com with a minor dent on the back and a spine slash, but using a black sharpie and a red sharpie its not that noticeable anymore. Amazon.com refunded me in full due to it going OOP

Mine wasnt sent in a padded envelope, seems hit and miss how they send it. Mine was sent in a small box (about the same size as the steelbook)

Reactions: adrianjturner
I hadn't heard that this is going OOP. Is this the only of the 4 Warner Christmas steelbooks which are going OOP?

I happened on this yesterday at my local Best Buy store (SKU 4583968) and they are clearing them out at $11.99 as this is no longer in stock online. Seeing that Amazon is selling this for over $30, and talk of it being OOP, it would be wise to pick one up where available.