Release date: December 1, 2015
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: $19.98
Best Buy SKU: 4583968

Thx to Akijama at BD forum

sDJgk3L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Raimi
I'm undecided between this and the CA release. The CA release doesn't have the artwork up and it's slightly more expensive (with shipping to EU), but amazon.ca uses DHL which makes it way faster.

Guys, from experience...will the CA release have the same artwork as the USA, or it's not a guarantee? I'm afraid of French text on the steelbook itself. The best bet would be the USA release, but I have bad experience due to slow shipping (several damaged steelbooks).

I'm undecided between this and the CA release. The CA release doesn't have the artwork up and it's slightly more expensive (with shipping to EU), but amazon.ca uses DHL which makes it way faster.

Guys, from experience...will the CA release have the same artwork as the USA, or it's not a guarantee? I'm afraid of French text on the steelbook itself. The best bet would be the USA release, but I have bad experience due to slow shipping (several damaged steelbooks).

The Steelbook will be identical. Any French text will be on the J-Card, NOT the steel. As for the shipping, paying a little extra for a steel to arrive faster AND safe and sound is always a better bet. :thumbs:

Indeed the steelbooks will be exactly the same.

Unfortunately Amazon CA (and US) will send a single steelbook order in a bubble envelope or cardboard mailer, no matter what shipping option the buyer chooses.

Their customer service is excellent in replacing damaged items, but even any replacement will be sent with the same degree of protection :dead:

I usually try to accumulate at least 8-10 items from Amazon US (or CA) to get them shipped in a box (at least with six items they just use a bigger cardboard mailer), but you won't get any "frustration-free" packaging, that's for sure :LOL:

YMMV

Indeed the steelbooks will be exactly the same.

Unfortunately Amazon CA (and US) will send a single steelbook order in a bubble envelope or cardboard mailer, no matter what shipping option the buyer chooses.

Their customer service is excellent in replacing damaged items, but even any replacement will be sent with the same degree of protection :dead:

I usually try to accumulate at least 8-10 items from Amazon US (or CA) to get them shipped in a box (at least with six items they just use a bigger cardboard mailer), but you won't get any "frustration-free" packaging, that's for sure :LOL:

YMMV
maybe try to request it gift wrapped?

maybe try to request it gift wrapped?
That could be a viable option. Would be interesting to hear what the gift wrapping changes packaging wise from somebody who has purchased that option together with a steelbook (no reports in the Amazon US retailer thread).

It is a bit pricey (USD 3.49 = EUR 3.07) though, when compared, e.g., to that of Amazon JP (JPY 154 = EUR 1.14).

Personally I just curb my collector instincts and don't make a purchase or wait until I have "enough" to hopefully ensure a box (albeit even that isn't optimal for steelbooks, as they will not be individually wrapped).

That could be a viable option. Would be interesting to hear what the gift wrapping changes packaging wise from somebody who has purchased that option together with a steelbook (no reports in the Amazon US retailer thread).

It is a bit pricey (USD 3.49 = EUR 3.07) though, when compared, e.g., to that of Amazon JP (JPY 154 = EUR 1.14).

Personally I just curb my collector instincts and don't make a purchase or wait until I have "enough" to hopefully ensure a box (albeit even that isn't optimal for steelbooks, as they will not be individually wrapped).
If you want it perfect the ideal situation would be to have it gift wrapped but also shipped with other items in a large box. Possibly if you had to order some clothing or soft bedding items for better protection. Its ridiculous that you even have to discuss such lengths to get a steelbook shipped safely.