Mediabook NEW Escape from New York (1981) Piece of Art Box 4K UHD + Blu-ray Birnenblatt 1.500 copies

Jun 8, 2020
Out today!

Escape from New York from 1981 by John Carpenter is a 4K premiere here in Germany.
The Piece of Art Box by Birnenblatt Germany is limited and numbered to 1.500 copies.
The Blu-ray features the "4K mastered transfer" (note on sticker) and is region A, B, C as printed on the disc.
Artwork by Christopher Shy (whose artwork was also featured on the Turbine release for The Thing) Login • Instagram

Audio:
Deutsch LPCM 2.0 Stereo (Kinomischung)
Deutsch DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Englisch LPCM 2.0 Stereo (theatrical mix)
Englisch DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Sunbtitles Deutsch/Englisch

Bonus (Blu-ray):
Audio commentary with John Carpenter and Kurt Russell
Audio commentary with producer Debra Hill and production designerJoe Alves
Audio commentary with Adrienne Barbeau and director of photography Dean Cundey
Audio commentary with film journalists Kai-Oliver Derks and Alexander Büttner

IMG_4985.jpg
IMG_4988.jpg
IMG_4989.jpg
IMG_4993.jpg

Unboxing

Nice. Great to see an unboxing. I have coming but will be awhile. I am in the US and other than Amazon Germany, no one ships to US. I think JPC Media does. Anyway, I had to order thru a Group buy and is ordered, but I probably won't get for 5-6 months when they ship a bunch to US hub.
Also got the 2 Chucky and Texas Chainsaw Massacre Piece of Art releases.
Those I should be getting next week. They just arrived at US hub. 12 items.

• Friendly
Reactions: shane54
Good to see more editions with an additional booklet that are not Mediabooks. I liked the Grindhouse tape/vhs-edition that came with the Zombie Magazine booklet instead of the poster. The booklet in these Piece of Art boxes it seems to have a better quality.

Last edited:
Reactions: shane54
If I try an order this I won't get the age verification that you would do if the title was an 18?
For any of you members that might know.

If I try an order this I won't get the age verification that you would do if the title was an 18?
For any of you members that might know.
No age verification required when I placed an order via JPC a month or two back. No shipping notice yet, but assuming that's because I also ordered another item due for release later this month.

• Informative
Reactions: Robles
No age verification required when I placed an order via JPC a month or two back. No shipping notice yet, but assuming that's because I also ordered another item due for release later this month.
Cheers for the info mate :thumbs:
I'll be grabbing a copy of this.
I ended up getting a copy of the Texas chainsaw over on ebay due to the problem with that age verification situation, so wasn't sure if there was going to be the same with this.

Cheers for the info mate :thumbs:
I'll be grabbing a copy of this.
I ended up getting a copy of the Texas chainsaw over on ebay due to the problem with that age verification situation, so wasn't sure if there was going to be the same with this.
FYI, I managed to get around the age verification ordering from ofdb.de
I just emailed them a copy of my ID which allowed me to order Texas Chainsaw.
Worth keeping in mind for future orders.