New to Steelbook! Please advise....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2010
I've noticed that the German steelbooks are not as valuable? They seem to be some of the lowest priced on eBay. Is it because of the German writing? Whereas US, Canada and UK releases seem to retain high value...Is that due to the English writing?

Also, is it true that Futureshop does not ship to the US? Thanks in advance!

Its not that the German steels arent worth as much, its just due to # produced ... a lot the german steels stick around a lot longer because they print more or re-release stuff. Tho there are quite a few German steels that are worth a good deal.

and yes, FS doesnt ship to the US.

well the german steels from media market keep there price very well
titles like ironman death proof, 300 first release,wanted are worth a lot.

Siratfus, that is the Canadian steelbook even though it doesn't say it. Same for all 3 listed in the "buy these with ___ for ____" section below the title.

You can also get them at inetvideo.com and it may be cheaper with shipping.

well the german steels from media market keep there price very well
titles like ironman death proof, 300 first release,wanted are worth a lot.

Yeah your right on that UNLESS they loss thier exclusive rights and then the are rereleased.

John

P.s. i think this post is though not in the right section ?

I doubt anyone will take a chance on Death Proof again; I mean, sure from a collector standpoint its worth a lot as its a beauty and the debossing is awesome. But from a retailer perspective it was a flop of a movie. And if it was re-released they might not do the debossing (just like that dvd size one the released not long ago) to save costs which will keep the first worth a bit.

Death Race 2 is coming out though in like February? but its straight to home video. It also has different stars and I think it might even have a different director? Rights of the name might have gotten sold. If its not even owned by the same people then you wont see any double feature steelie.

Status
Not open for further replies.