Nightbreed: The Director's Cut (SHOUT Exclusive Limited Edition) [USA]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
**LIMITED TO 10,000 COPIES; FIRST 1000 SOLD WILL INCLUDE A 18X24" POSTER FEATURING NEWLY COMMISSIONED ARTWORK**

RELEASE DATE: Oct. 28, 2014
PRICE: $79.97 (currently $55.98 at Amazon.com)
ORDER: Scream Factory & Amazon.com

Nightbreed.jpg

Specs revealed -
DVD & Blu-ray combo pack Special Edition set:
  • New “Director’s Cut” presentation of the film which contains over 40 minutes of new and altered footage
  • Introduction by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Audio Commentary by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Tribes of the Moon: The Making of Nightbreed featuring interviews with Craig Sheffer, Anne Bobby, Doug Bradley and more… (72 minutes)
  • Making Monsters - interviews with makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Martin Mercer and Paul Jones (42 minutes)
  • Fire! Fights! Stunts! 2nd Unit Shooting - an interview with Andy Armstrong (20 minutes)
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • 1080p, 1:78 Video
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio
  • English Subtitles

Limited Edition 3-Disc Blu-ray Set 10,000 (Numbered Pieces):
Disc One: Director's Cut:

• New “Director’s Cut” presentation of the film which contains over 40 minutes of new and altered footage
  • Introduction by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Audio Commentary by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Tribes of the Moon: The Making of Nightbreed
  • Making Monsters
  • Fire! Fights! Stunts! 2nd Unit Shooting
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio
  • English Subtitles

Disc Two: Bonus Disc:
  • Deleted and Alternate Scenes (approx. 20 minutes)
  • Monster Prosthetics Master Class
  • Cutting Compromise – an interview with editor Mark Goldblatt
  • The Painted Landscape: The Concept Art of Ralph McQuarrie
  • Matte Painting Tests
  • Makeup Tests
  • Stop Motion Lost Footage
  • Extended Torture Scene
  • Rehearsal of Boone’s dream
  • Extensive Still Galleries – Early Sketches, Deleted Scene, Posters and Pre-Production art, On the Set, The Cast and Crew

Disc Three: Theatrical Cut:
  • New transfer from the inter-positive
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Audio
  • English Subtitles

Last edited by a moderator:
Sold out screenings across the UK, and loads of tweets = the UK will get this eventually. ;)

Maybe the DC but not the theatrical cut WB hates this movie
but tbh i highly doubt we will ever get this remember the UK hasn't even had a DVD release yet, I do hope im wrong but I'd much rather play it safe and be 1 of the 5000 to own this

Last edited:
Reactions: psychoscot
If Warner hates the movie so much then Arrow Video should have no issues getting the licence for it... :scat::hilarious:

Even though it's expensive I've decided it would be stupid to miss out on this when I've waited so long for it to get a release.

Is there anyone in the US willing to help me get a copy please? I know it should come up on Amazon soon, but I really want the poster as well.

A mate owns some props from this (including a full sized Peloquin , and Cronenbergs mask). He was approached to help with the publicity when the "cabal cut" did the festival rounds a while back and his payment was to be his pick of Barkers latest paintings. despite loads of arrangements being made they never came to collect the pieces. Barker still sent him the painting.

I'll check with him to see if there's any Uk release set.

I don't think Shout! ship to the UK unfortunately, which is a shame given the great exchange rate we're getting against the US$ at the minute.

Any kind US Ninja willing to get me the US limited edition with the print????

Limited edition with the print has been confirmed to be sold out at Shout now. Hopefully Amazon.com will list the LE soon

doubt this will get a release outside the u.s-its taken 20 years just to get to this point!!!

Morgan Creek's Michael Plumides reveals that he himself has written four episodes of the potential show, carefully overseen by Barker and his Seraphim Films honcho Mark Miller. He'll also executive produce the show.

"We're staying true to the source material but also modernising the concepts to appeal to this millennium's viewer," says Plumides. "We think the fans will be very pleased. By incorporating great writing, character development, and mind-blowing practical and visual effects with a product that has achieved legendary cult status, we see a winner, especially in the absence of shows like True Blood, Fringe or even Sons of Anarchy. Barker's vision is an amalgam of science-fiction, fantasy, and horror with violent, sexual overtones laced with dark comedy, and the Nightbreed series fires on all cylinders."

It is, he continued when Empire followed up the story, too early to talk about a pilot, or about the series' potential broadcast channel, but Plumides promises there is "significant interest".

"In writing the scripts," he expands, "I made every effort to stay true to Barker's vision for the purists without deviating wholly from the source material - even consulting not just Clive and Mark but Barker experts and aficionados; people that live and breath Barker's work. Also, I will say, it feels American, but the British accent shines through. We hope to partner with a network that understands and appreciates the "monsters of Midian" as we do, but also recognizes the viability of the Nightbreed property."

Nightbreed: The Cabal Cut is released on Blu-ray by Scream Factory in the US on October 28. Nobody has yet picked it up for UK release, but, says Plumides, "we're working on it".

article on Empire...

Reactions: PoisonClan
Arrow have confirmed to me there won't be a steelbook or release of this by them as there has been major rights problems here in the UK.