Nightbreed: The Director's Cut (SHOUT Exclusive Limited Edition) [USA]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
**LIMITED TO 10,000 COPIES; FIRST 1000 SOLD WILL INCLUDE A 18X24" POSTER FEATURING NEWLY COMMISSIONED ARTWORK**

RELEASE DATE: Oct. 28, 2014
PRICE: $79.97 (currently $55.98 at Amazon.com)
ORDER: Scream Factory & Amazon.com

Nightbreed.jpg

Specs revealed -
DVD & Blu-ray combo pack Special Edition set:
  • New “Director’s Cut” presentation of the film which contains over 40 minutes of new and altered footage
  • Introduction by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Audio Commentary by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Tribes of the Moon: The Making of Nightbreed featuring interviews with Craig Sheffer, Anne Bobby, Doug Bradley and more… (72 minutes)
  • Making Monsters - interviews with makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Martin Mercer and Paul Jones (42 minutes)
  • Fire! Fights! Stunts! 2nd Unit Shooting - an interview with Andy Armstrong (20 minutes)
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • 1080p, 1:78 Video
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio
  • English Subtitles

Limited Edition 3-Disc Blu-ray Set 10,000 (Numbered Pieces):
Disc One: Director's Cut:

• New “Director’s Cut” presentation of the film which contains over 40 minutes of new and altered footage
  • Introduction by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Audio Commentary by writer/director Clive Barker and restoration producer Mark Alan Miller
  • Tribes of the Moon: The Making of Nightbreed
  • Making Monsters
  • Fire! Fights! Stunts! 2nd Unit Shooting
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio
  • English Subtitles

Disc Two: Bonus Disc:
  • Deleted and Alternate Scenes (approx. 20 minutes)
  • Monster Prosthetics Master Class
  • Cutting Compromise – an interview with editor Mark Goldblatt
  • The Painted Landscape: The Concept Art of Ralph McQuarrie
  • Matte Painting Tests
  • Makeup Tests
  • Stop Motion Lost Footage
  • Extended Torture Scene
  • Rehearsal of Boone’s dream
  • Extensive Still Galleries – Early Sketches, Deleted Scene, Posters and Pre-Production art, On the Set, The Cast and Crew

Disc Three: Theatrical Cut:
  • New transfer from the inter-positive
  • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Audio
  • English Subtitles

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, like I said I think this is gonna be a true exclusive

According to Barker himself a little while ago, there will be a UK release of this once the problems are fixed. Several sold out showings in a few cities means a small print run will sell out fast. Morgan Creek are the problem and are being difficult.

According to Barker himself a little while ago, there will be a UK release of this once the problems are fixed. Several sold out showings in a few cities means a small print run will sell out fast. Morgan Creek are the problem and are being difficult.

Would love to see it out over here but I personally feel we'd be in for a long wait.

Yea its always had a hard time here on home media I will be picking up the LE has I doubt it will get a UK release let alone like this unless zavvi pick it up for an ultra low print they have had a few UK blu ray exclusives released has steelbooks without a standard release but its a long shot

Wouldnt that be cool but what are the chances? Worse for me as I cannot order through Amazon US anymore due to their new restrictions. Furthermore, its region locked & so is my current BD player

I wouldn't normally buy multiple versions, but this is my grail so I'm going all in. I was so obsessed with this film as a kid it got to the point where my parents refused to rent it anymore. Cabal is also one of my favourite books. Gonna order both versions and a US blu ray player as soon as they put them up on Amazon.

Annoyed I missed out in the poster, but it really doesn't seem worth the risk to hope for a UK release, which seems stupid for a movie that was primarily filmed in England by an English writer/director

Reactions: PoisonClan
I cant justify the cost of the LE, as much as I love the film the pricetag for something that I cant watch because of the region A locking is too high, and Im not going to the expense of a region free player, so I'll go for the regular Bluray/dvd combo once Amazon have it up, at least I will be able to watch the dvd as I can play region 1 disks, so its not a perfect situation but it will do till we get a release in the uk...which could be a long time given the track record of this film. Id love Arrow to get it if the complicated rights situation can be resolved as I think they are the only company who could do it justice with the packaging etc

Reactions: PoisonClan
SPECIAL OFFER: Order this limited-edition set directly from ShoutFactory.com and receive one of the first 2,500 numbered copies, an exclusive 18"x24" poster featuring our newly commissioned artwork (available while supplies last), plus FREE standard U.S. shipping two weeks early (10/14)!

So i guess they changed it from 1000 to 2500?

Note: We have sold through the first 1,000 units. If your number precedes 83300 and you have your confirmation email stating your order is "taken," your set will ship from the initial 1,000. We have secured the next 1,500 sets and will continue to allocate those early number sets to buyers on ShoutFactory.com.
:ohno:

I've spoken to my contact in Arrow and have been told that they want to release 'Nightbreed', but they can't. There is no release from Arrow on the cards

thats really crap you'd think WB and morgan creek would be delighted someone like arrow wants to release Nightbreed

Caved and ordered. Shame the Cabal cut isn't in there in some form or other but I'm happy with the DC at least.

Edit: I assume the Cabal additions will be part of the extras.. fingers crossed.

Caved and ordered. Shame the Cabal cut isn't in there in some form or other but I'm happy with the DC at least.

Edit: I assume the Cabal additions will be part of the extras.. fingers crossed.

How did you order?

I see you are based in the UK.

I'll try again now they've added more posters. Is anyone in the US willing to help me get a copy please? I'll be willing to return the favour if there's ever a UK exclusive you need help with