Nightcrawler (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Dec 13, 2013
West Sussex, UK
Release date: March 2nd, 2015
Purchase link: here (ships only within UK)
Price: £14.99 (instore @ HMV) / £17.99 (online @ eOne)
Notes: Majority of print run qty to be sold by HMV
Initially listed as eOne Exclusive 1st.

Group buy: Click here or via Naughtius Maximus

nightcrawler.jpg
nightcrawler.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a feeling that Jake Gyllenhaal might be cruelly snubbed this year. I feel like the performances that the likes of Michael Keaton, David Oyelowo, Benedict Cumberbatch, Eddie Redmayne, Steve Carell have put in this year are the types of performances that the Oscars normally tends to go all giddy for. Now there's only five nominations for the Best Actor category at the Oscars but I can honestly see them going for the names I've mentioned plus the likes of Ralph Fiennes and Joaquin Phoenix before they look in Jake Gyllenhaal's direction. I do bloody hope I'm wrong though... as I thought Gyllenhaal did some absolutely stunning work in Nightcrawler. That scene when he's making his demands to Rene Russo's character still gives me chills... "Now when I say that I want these things.. I mean that I want them.. and I don't want to have to ask again." Heh.

Oh sweet! I haven't seen it, but I have high hopes as I've heard great things about it.

Loving the artwork! Reminds me of the Termination play kinda lol

His performance reminds me of Christian Bale's portrayal of Patrick Bateman in American Psycho.

Lou Bloom just doesnt kill people (blatantly) and tell people not just stare at it but eat it :hilarious:

Reactions: Flloydo
Another one I haven't watched, the trailer made it look a bit hammy but intriguing nonetheless. It's distributed by EOne in the UK so this could be a HMV/ES exclusive. Hopefully around £16.

I just noticed this :oohyeah: That art isn't really the best possible choice, but the movie is so damn good that it's absolutely something worth having in your collection.

I was a little disappointed with the film to be honest... it was still good, but I think everyone had got my hopes way too high. Usually when that's the case though I end up enjoying it more on rewatch, so I'll definitely be picking this up!

I've got a feeling that Jake Gyllenhaal might be cruelly snubbed this year. I feel like the performances that the likes of Michael Keaton, David Oyelowo, Benedict Cumberbatch, Eddie Redmayne, Steve Carell have put in this year are the types of performances that the Oscars normally tends to go all giddy for. Now there's only five nominations for the Best Actor category at the Oscars but I can honestly see them going for the names I've mentioned plus the likes of Ralph Fiennes and Joaquin Phoenix before they look in Jake Gyllenhaal's direction. I do bloody hope I'm wrong though... as I thought Gyllenhaal did some absolutely stunning work in Nightcrawler. That scene when he's making his demands to Rene Russo's character still gives me chills... "Now when I say that I want these things.. I mean that I want them.. and I don't want to have to ask again." Heh.
I think the performances this Year from a lead actor perspective have been nothing short of stunning- Says it all when Bill Murrays superb performance in St Vincent hardly comes up in conversation.
Personally, I think (& hope) Redmayne gets it as he 'becomes' Dr Hawking (although in fairness, a great deal of the portrayal lies in the make up team for nailing the physical appearance..) & mesmerises the audience- although in fairness, the same can be said of any of the above actors you mentioned.
Talking of Gylenhaal, have you seen his transformation for his upcoming film? Forget the name of it, but know it's a boxing flick. The guy has worked his ass off to get the physique of a boxer, can barely tell it's Gylenhaal from the promo shots...

Promo shot of Gylenhaals next project- Gym work has paid off! (although having a dedicated schedule that allows you to be able to concentrate on obtaining such a physique is half the battle...)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 166
£34.99 for this steel
Release Date: March 2

*Credit to Akijama on Bluray.com*

http://www.cineoutsider.com/news/stories/15/01/140113.html

"Nightcrawler arrives on UK DVD, Blu-ray and Blu-ray Steelbook on 2nd March 2015 from Entertainment One at the RRP of £19.99 for the DVD, £24.99 for the Blu-ray and £34.99 for the Blu-ray Steelbook.

Extra features will include:

Audio commentary

Behind the scenes featurette"

No way will it be £34.99. Hopefully around half that price

£34.99 that's got to be a mistake?

And people were moaning about ES £25 ones lol

Way too much