Released: August 9, 2016
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

0.jpg

No Man's Sky

1.jpg

No Man's Sky is an upcoming science fiction video game developed and published by Hello Games. It will feature a procedurally generated open world.

The game is seen to feature planetary exploration, deep oceans, space-based battles, and potential predators on the various procedurally-generated worlds. Each world has its own ecosystem with potentially unforgiving conditions, such as desert worlds with large carnivorous worms.

Players are initially given a totally uncharted universe to explore, where information about any planet's characteristics and lifeforms may be shared and updated with others.

VGX Trailer:

E3 Trailer:

No Man's Sky will be making its console debut on PlayStation 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Games break silence and announce their 'Foundation Update' for No Man's Sky:

Hello,

This week Hello Games will be releasing an update to No Man’s Sky. We’re calling it The Foundation Update, because we have added the foundations of base building, and also because this is putting in place a foundation for things to come.

Detailed patch notes will follow, and release will be soon.

Coming from five years of intense development, immediately after No Man’s Sky released the team spent six weeks updating the game with 7 patches across both platforms (the last of these was 1.09 on Sept 24th which you can read about here http://www.no-mans-sky.com/log/). These fixed many of the most common or critical bugs and issues post-release.

In the nine weeks since then our small team has been hard at work on development, testing and certification for the Foundation Update. It won’t be our biggest update, but it is the start of something.

The discussion around No Man’s Sky since release has been intense and dramatic. We have been quiet, but we are listening and focusing on improving the game that our team loves and feels so passionately about.

Positive or negative feedback, you have been heard and that will truly help to make this a better game for everyone.

This update will be the first small step in a longer journey. We hope you can join us.

Thank you,

Hello Games

Update 1.1 (Foundation Update) has finally arrived, and it looks like they've been busy! For all the details on what's new, please see here.

Must admit that it definitely sounds like a big improvement, and having the choice of three different modes to play with is a nice feature... Creative Mode sounds cool and some of those bases look epic! Although the farming thing just makes me think of Farmville. :LOL:

I'll certainly be jumping back on the game and giving the update a spin anyway. Hopefully it adds more than just another hour or two of fun before it becomes boring again.

What's everyone else's thoughts on the new features?

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Have you tried it yet, @Noodles? That's definitely an impressive update. I still haven't tried NMS due to all the disappointment out there, but I think that what this small team has achieved is amazing.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Have you tried it yet, @Noodles? That's definitely an impressive update. I still haven't tried NMS due to all the disappointment out there, but I think that what this small team has achieved is amazing.
Not yet bud... I downloaded the update as soon as it went live with the intention of trying it out, but I just haven't got around to actually doing so yet.

I think you definitely made the right choice by waiting anyway... the game should hopefully be a really great experience once they've released all their planned updates, plus you'll obviously get it for a great/cheaper price!

There's no denying that what Hello Games were able to achieve is pretty amazing... it's just the fact that they (Sean Murray to be precise) literally lied over and over again about certain things that annoyed a lot of people, myself included.

• Thanks
Not yet bud... I downloaded the update as soon as it went live with the intention of trying it out, but I just haven't got around to actually doing so yet.

I think you definitely made the right choice by waiting anyway... the game should hopefully be a really great experience once they've released all their planned updates, plus you'll obviously get it for a great/cheaper price!

There's no denying that what Hello Games were able to achieve is pretty amazing... it's just the fact that they (Sean Murray to be precise) literally lied over and over again about certain things that annoyed a lot of people, myself included.

Yeah, man... that Sean Murray sure has a pretty big following of haters now. I don't know, though. Yeah, he lied, but no more than all the big guys out there... Activision, EA, Ubisoft and so on are always releasing broken games that need several updates before becoming the full, proper game that was promised. It's just a totally different generation of developer ethics these days. Back in the day, you released a game and that was it -- that was the game. Developers gave a s**t. Now you have developers with release dates shoved down their throats who work day and night and then just release a broken game to make a window because hey, they can just update it later to fix the problem. Another one of the many reasons why I'm slowly becoming tired of gaming.

Anyway, let me know what you think once you take it for a spin! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Yeah, man... that Sean Murray sure has a pretty big following of haters now. I don't know, though. Yeah, he lied, but no more than all the big guys out there... Activision, EA, Ubisoft and so on are always releasing broken games that need several updates before becoming the full, proper game that was promised. It's just a totally different generation of developer ethics these days. Back in the day, you released a game and that was it -- that was the game. Developers gave a s**t. Now you have developers with release dates shoved down their throats who work day and night and then just release a broken game to make a window because hey, they can just update it later to fix the problem. Another one of the many reasons why I'm slowly becoming tired of gaming.

Anyway, let me know what you think once you take it for a spin! :thumbs:
Yeah, it's an odd one... in many ways being able to play online has improved gaming, but as you pointed out, it also comes with just as many downsides. I honestly can't think of a game from this gen that has felt complete to me on release... it's not until a few updates later when it finally feels like the game is what it always should have been. That's why I always say I'd rather they just delayed it than release it unfinished... in some ways it can ruin the experience, and No Man's Sky is a perfect example of that. I reckon Hello Games may have felt pressured to just get it out there though, as they'd already delayed it several times and people were getting frustrated and beginning to lose interest. First impressions obviously mean a lot, and I reckon that's where they screwed up the most... the bigger developers can get away with it now because they've been around for years and so we already kind of know what to expect from them. I'm definitely swaying more towards indie gaming now anyway... at least the majority of those games feel complete!

• Thanks
This update makes the game look like what was promised at first. I'm very tempted to hop into this now! It's only $32 on the Canadian PS Store right now... just need one more sale and I'll grab it.
The game is probably pretty enjoyable now, but personally I find it's way too late... they should've just delayed its release again and worked towards delivering what was promised in the first place. That's obviously coming from someone who experienced their poor efforts as soon as it was originally released though, so it's left a very sour taste in my mouth. I'm sure anyone jumping on it now for the first time will have a much better introduction to the NMS world though, so definitely give it a go mate. :)

• Thanks
The game is probably pretty enjoyable now, but personally I find it's way too late... they should've just delayed its release again and worked towards delivering what was promised in the first place. That's obviously coming from someone who experienced their poor efforts as soon as it was originally released though, so it's left a very sour taste in my mouth. I'm sure anyone jumping on it now for the first time will have a much better introduction to the NMS world though, so definitely give it a go mate. :)

Makes me happy that I waited. I was soooo psyched for this before its original release, but reading about its problems kept me away from it.

• Thanks
Makes me happy that I waited. I was soooo psyched for this before its original release, but reading about its problems kept me away from it.
Hmm yeah, I wish I'd not given in to the initial hype and waited it out now too. Oh well, you live and you learn!

Do let us know if you pick it up bud... I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts. :thumbs:

Launching on July 24th is our biggest update so far, No Man's Sky NEXT, bringing a full multiplayer experience to No Man's Sky for the first time.

Ground yourself on exotic planets and alien skies in an infinite adventure with No Man’s Sky Beyond. A part of a major new update, free for existing players. No Man's Sky Beyond is coming summer 2019.

Bought with friends a week ago.
Now the game is playing super!
The game is filled with different quests and the procedural generation of worlds is very cool.
I recommend it to everyone!

Reactions: Space Cadet
Hi.. does hdn have a thread for people having problems with their ps5 consoles and/or T.V's, and if so, could you direct me to it? (I've searched but have only found this) i think the problem is actually my new T.V