Oblivion (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu - BluPack #007) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 16, 2020
Purchase link: EverythingBlu (Pre-order on October 22 at 8 PM - UK time)
Price: £49.99
Notes: Limited to 850

1080_packshot_1024x1024.png

Oblivion Slipbox.png
oblivionsteelbook_1024x1024.png back_steelbook_1024x1024.png inside_steel_1024x1024.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm.......dodgy. Surely they could find out? After all they designed it.
They did, but that would have been years ago for their own wea release, which never materialised. Universal appear to have obtained the design for this wwa release by some means or another and are releasing it themselves. So unfortunately the finish is not under ETB's control.

If it had been, I'm sure it'd be glossy with a debossed title. May still be glossy, have to see. We're lucky they've used ETB's design at all really, far better than the titleless universal designs of late imo.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Let's put that claim to the test.

WWAs containing 4k discs in all cases.
50 GBP = 55€
(FAC 47 Ronin, for example) 1600 CZK = 59€
(CM Birds of Prey lenti, for example) 60€

So you're right.
But that's now that they've taken a step back with their pricing. They haven't sold out Hellboy II at 55 GBP, so they maybe they've found their limit for now.
55 GBP = 61€

If we consider their whole lineup FAC is clearly the longer standing of the 3 retailers. and have earned the right, moreso, than the other 2 retailers to charge these prices.
Using the same examples, FAC are on their 144th release with 47 Ronin.
BoP will be CM's 22nd release, whenever they get around to releasing it.
EB have gone further than both of them on their 6th. That's pretty bold. Now they have taken a step back on their 7th, but for how long?

All three should be cheaper, but if there's one retailer out of the 3 that has "earned" the right to charge prices on the higher end of the spectrum it's clearly FA, without a shadow of a doubt.

EB needs to improve their exclusive stickers and increase the thickness of the card stock used for their fullslips. I feel like those 2 points need attention fast.
can you shorten this a bit? i barely read more than 3 lines a day

Last edited:
Is it worth getting a special edition of this movie? Is it a very good movie or should it be consigned to oblivion?

You can regularly find the standard Blu-ray for very cheap (~$7), might as well give it a watch and see for yourself.

It’s an original sci-fi movie with slick visuals (same director and production design team as Tron: Legacy), a killer original soundtrack (which is available as an isolated track on the Blu-ray!), and one of my favorite uses of the PG-13 f-word.

I would not watch a trailer though because they’re all very spoilery.

Last edited:
You can regularly find the standard Blu-ray for very cheap (~$7), might as well give it a watch and see for yourself.

It’s an original sci-fi movie with slick visuals (same director and production design team as Tron: Legacy), a killer original soundtrack (which is available as an isolated track on the Blu-ray!), and one of my favorite uses of the PG-13 f-word.

I would not watch a trailer though because they’re all very spoilery.
Sometimes slick visuals are enough for me to really like a movie.