Oblivion (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu - BluPack #007) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 16, 2020
Purchase link: EverythingBlu (Pre-order on October 22 at 8 PM - UK time)
Price: £49.99
Notes: Limited to 850

1080_packshot_1024x1024.png

Oblivion Slipbox.png
oblivionsteelbook_1024x1024.png back_steelbook_1024x1024.png inside_steel_1024x1024.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't agree more, surprised this hasn't received the premium treatment before now.
Surprised there wasn't a 3D version (that I know of), but as there's a 4K edition available might that be included in this package?
Thanks for your comment & interest.

We are looking closely at the 4k disc with this release but nothing confirmed. We know that overall the reviews seem to favour the Blu-ray for this movie as the transfer/upscale wasn't as good as maybe people had hoped (of course it still looks great though). We do see a very small limited run of UHD's could work/sell.

Thanks again.
EverythingBlu

Awesome movie. I love it. It is a grower for sure, gets better with every viewing.

Please have some seriously gorgeous artwork on both the steel and the slips, minimal text if any, just a title. Artwork should reflect the stunning visuals of the movie.
DONT destroy it with holofoil!!
2-disc (bluray + uhd) would be killer.

= Instant buy.

single BD disc (without would be a better killer :D:D
Thanks for your comment & interest.

We are looking closely at the 4k disc with this release but nothing confirmed. We know that overall the reviews seem to favour the Blu-ray for this movie as the transfer/upscale wasn't as good as maybe people had hoped (of course it still looks great though). We do see a very small limited run of UHD's could work/sell.

Thanks again.
EverythingBlu
btw, don't do this with UHD only: release as a BD AND a separate UHD edition, not just UHD+BD: not all people want to spend money for 4K stuff, since not all people got 4K TVs and players.

• Thanks
Reactions: EverythingBlu

btw, don't do this with UHD only: release as a BD AND a separate UHD edition, not just UHD+BD: not all people want to spend money for 4K stuff, since not all people got 4K TVs and players.

Id much rather have a 2 disc set than a 1-disc one. Dont think the price will run away just because of it.

Me either! Would luv to see this in glorious 3D!
It's not a 3D Film it was a 2D film only in Cinemas and Blu-ray releases
It was filmed in 2D only using 4K
There won't be a 3D release on Blu-ray because it's a 2D film

No need for a 2D to 3D video conversion it's a film meant to be seen in 2D only
1080p 2D or 4K UHD
Director said no way to a 2D to 3D video conversion for Blu-ray aka Fake 3D
He said he was congratulated around the world for shooting a movie in 2D only

Last edited:
Reactions: howarmat
I do have to say that reviews of the UHD version are not the greatest. I personally dont have a UHD copy yet but if it truly is a bad UHD mastering job then maybe not include it.

• Thanks
Reactions: EverythingBlu
I do have to say that reviews of the UHD version are not the greatest. I personally dont have a UHD copy yet but if it truly is a bad UHD mastering job then maybe not include it.
That has happened with a few 4K UHD Blu-ray releases the 1080p Blu-ray ending up having better picture
Some 4K UHD releases have picture quality that is excellent but not all of them.

1080p 2D or 4K UHD

So let me get this straight.....this is 2D only?

Thanks for your comment.

This is what we meant by a small run of UHD's. We would not want to increase the price of a Blu-ray disc editions by adding a 4k disc for the exact reason you have said. This would also apply to the 4k only copies, adding the Blu-ray disc would increase price for those customers too.

We will see what is best soon.

EverythingBlu

1080p 2D or 4K UHD
IMG_8421.JPG

Last edited: