Blu-ray-Bro

Premium Supporter
Aug 10, 2018
Release date: November 22, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €35.17 €34.66

713wfZkFzIL._SX342_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
would they listen if we told them wed much prefer a glossy steel with debossed title rather than matte+gitd.. might be worth a try
Probably too late now, but feel free to give it try. Plus we're most likely to blame for the sudden GITD fad... I'm sure I recall that most folks went nuts for it when PlainArchive used it on their Train to Busan steel.

Reactions: djjez83
Looks really nice. Just wish it was gloss :confused: :confused:
Hmm me too. I'm beginning to think you can't have a gloss finish when you use the GID effect, because so far they've all been matte, and it's unlike Capelight to not use gloss.

Love that artwork though and the GID areas work great here since it's used on actual neon lighting in the art. Will definitely be adding this to my Oldboy collection at some point! :)

I just remembered about this release, I've ordered one from amazon.de, can't wait to see this film in 4k.

If there's anyone here that's seem the new 4k transfer, can you let us know what you thought?

This honestly has to be my last oldboy buy,
I think I must have every old boy SB except the purple German blu ray version released within the last 2 or so years. For my wallets sake, I hope it's a good few years before we get 8k or 12k old boy haha.

I just remembered about this release, I've ordered one from amazon.de, can't wait to see this film in 4k.

If there's anyone here that's seem the new 4k transfer, can you let us know what you thought?

This honestly has to be my last oldboy buy,
I think I must have every old boy SB except the purple German blu ray version released within the last 2 or so years. For my wallets sake, I hope it's a good few years before we get 8k or 12k old boy haha.

Well, I haven't watched the 4K version yet, but I know so well what you mean. I bought the UK steelbook, the German steelbook, the German utimate edition, and I'm still contemplating the Korean steelbook as well, but once I saw that stunning 4K steelbook, I also needed to have that....don't get me started on all the DVD editions of it that are collecting dust in the cellar :LOL:

Reactions: STUBANKS
Well, I haven't watched the 4K version yet, but I know so well what you mean. I bought the UK steelbook, the German steelbook, the German utimate edition, and I'm still contemplating the Korean steelbook as well, but once I saw that stunning 4K steelbook, I also needed to have that....don't get me started on all the DVD editions of it that are collecting dust in the cellar :LOL:
I cant even imagine how many dvd realses there are. We also just got the arrow boxet recently as well, that was worth it for the price IMO.
If by Korean steel book you mean the plain archive release?
I would really recommend it, I have one of each version except the big box that was Korean purchase exclusive, the SB is lovely, if it's not that version then that's another oldboy SB I've missed haha.

The ultimate edition German SB is the only oldboy blu ray steel book i don't have, to my knowledge.

For this release I think its worth the purchase just to have the film in 4k, the SB is like a nice wee bonus, I think it would look even better in full gloss but beggars can't be choosers haha.
I also noticed that there's not a 4k world wide release of oldboy yet, at lease not in the UK so for the price I think it's a steal haha.

Tempted by this but just bought the Arrow amaray. I did get the Plain Archive steel but the English subs translation was quite poor I thought, so I plumped for the Arrow disc.