snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 12, 2016
Purchase link: Once Upon a Time in the West
Price: £15.99
Notes: Includes slipcase. Limited to 2,000 copies.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
These releases are all listed at £24.99! Bit expensive for my taste but I do like these waves on slip covers. Much better protection and I hate the use of polybags.

• Thanks
Reactions: yardman
Woah, Paramount are really going to town with these slipboxes. Again, same artwork as the steel. But isn't this penned as one of, if not the best American Western of all time? Will have to check this movie out.

I will definitely buy this, even if it's expensive. It's one of the greatest westerns of all time. Any news when this will go live?

• Thanks
Reactions: neo
Don't see why this should be priced any differently to TOP GUN and SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN (i.e. GBP 15.99) and certainly can't argue with the new artwork which is much better for a steelbook cover than the original posters for the film:-

once_upon_a_time_in_the_west_ver2.jpg
once_upon_a_time_in_the_west_ver3.jpg

It's certainly a "must buy" for fans of any of those hundreds of spaghetti and paella Westerns that were made from 1960 to 1980 (about 600 in total) with its Leone score, loving close-ups and s l o w pace but for those more used to classic Westerns from John Ford, Howard Hawks, John Sturges and even Sam Peckinpah then this may not appeal especially when you have Henry Fonda, the hero of many a classic picture, here playing a thorough nasty piece of work.
I admit to liking both styles and enjoy HIGH NOON or THE GUNFIGHT AT THE OK CORRAL as much as FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE or this one.
Again, will not be first in the queue to buy this as I already own the Blu-ray from 2011.

Last edited:
At least their heart's in the right place with the idea of adding slips, but that's about it. Haven't they seen the slip/steel releases? They don't have ratings logos and they don't use the same artwork as the steel.

• Thanks
Reactions: Wreck
I don't own this film (never even seen it), and I quite like the steel, so may pick this one up.

Really like the art on this one but again the duplicate image on a slip kills it for ordering at pre order

I'll wait this one out and pick it up at a later date

Woah, Paramount are really going to town with these slipboxes. Again, same artwork as the steel. But isn't this penned as one of, if not the best American Western of all time? Will have to check this movie out.
Definitely one of the greatest movies of all time. And maybe the greatest Western (depends on your taste...It is my fav). Maybe the greatest score of all time too.
Also the only movie in history where the badass hero supplies his own badass theme music IN the movie!!!:rofl::thumbs:

Definitely one of the greatest movies of all time. And maybe the greatest Western (depends on your taste...It is my fav). Maybe the greatest score of all time too.
Also the only movie in history where the badass hero supplies his own badass theme music IN the movie!!!:rofl::thumbs:

Thanks, will definitely have to check this one out. :thumbs:

I think the UK/US amarays both had slipcovers, so this Steel might be my chance to get one.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95