Onward (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Dec 13, 2018
Release date: June 1, 2020
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D (Pre-order will be live at 9 AM March 6 - Red Carpet is listed for 7 AM)
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £25.99 (3D+2D)

12505427-1984765751836164.jpg
12505427-1094765752543741.jpg 12505427-1184765752432174.jpg
Onward.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hated Toy Story 4, but this one is growing on me. If the badges had been embossed it would have looked great. It is like everything else, we all have different tastes. Steelbooks are like Marmite. I must admit, it's nice to see something different other than a group shot, a classic border around it and the title bang in the middle at the top.

One thing that does anger me, though, is the packaging. Zavvi need to get a grip on this. I'm worried when and if the special editions of Maleficent and Frozen 2 ever get released, that they are going to use these new recycled bubble envelopes. I had to return Jaws this week because of that. Its sad to see that some of the "Onwards" are being delivered in them rather than the cardboard mailers. There are no excuses. Its so frustrating.

This reminds me of the Great Box Shortage of 2015 or whenever that was... Was it Play or Zavvi that ran out of boxes for a while and we all lost our collective $hit? I seem to remember fireworks and champagne when they finally got more of them in.

Hated Toy Story 4, but this one is growing on me. If the badges had been embossed it would have looked great. It is like everything else, we all have different tastes. Steelbooks are like Marmite. I must admit, it's nice to see something different other than a group shot, a classic border around it and the title bang in the middle at the top.

One thing that does anger me, though, is the packaging. Zavvi need to get a grip on this. I'm worried when and if the special editions of Maleficent and Frozen 2 ever get released, that they are going to use these new recycled bubble envelopes. I had to return Jaws this week because of that. Its sad to see that some of the "Onwards" are being delivered in them rather than the cardboard mailers. There are no excuses. Its so frustrating.

I like this Steelbook as well, only reason I haven't gone for it is I need to start making use of my Disney+ subscription and stop buying everything on physical media as well :facepalm:

I like this Steelbook as well, only reason I haven't gone for it is I need to start making use of my Disney+ subscription and stop buying everything on physical media as well :facepalm:
I have to say I quite like it too, apart from the absence of the title on the spine. The spot gloss effect work well I think.

On balance, I have decided to keep it despite the spine and lack of bonus disc.

Its a long time since I've had to deal with the utter incompetence of Zavvi customer service. Glad to see they've not changed.
Messaged yesterday about the spine & lack of bonus disc to see if they were doing anything about it.
Got a message back this morning asking for a picture to outline the extent of the damage.

I never mentioned any damage.

Its a long time since I've had to deal with the utter incompetence of Zavvi customer service. Glad to see they've not changed.
Messaged yesterday about the spine & lack of bonus disc to see if they were doing anything about it.
Got a message back this morning asking for a picture to outline the extent of the damage.

I never mentioned any damage.
Similar thing here, although they did acknowledge the difference between their listing and the actual product. AND they have offered a 15% refund, which I'm happy with as I'm going to keep the steel anyway. Here's their response:

I’m really sorry to hear your order arrived damaged.

We have received your photos of the item and would like to apologise that the item was received this way.

I will certainly get this looked into as to why this is shown different on site.

If you would like to keep the item, we would be happy to offer a refund of 15%. Once requested this would be returned to your account within 3-5 working days.

If there is anything else that we can do then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Like you, I never mentioned anything about it being damaged - just that it was different to their image and missing the bonus disc mentioned on the j-card!

Similar thing here, although they did acknowledge the difference between their listing and the actual product. AND they have offered a 15% refund, which I'm happy with as I'm going to keep the steel anyway. Here's their response:

I’m really sorry to hear your order arrived damaged.

We have received your photos of the item and would like to apologise that the item was received this way.

I will certainly get this looked into as to why this is shown different on site.

If you would like to keep the item, we would be happy to offer a refund of 15%. Once requested this would be returned to your account within 3-5 working days.

If there is anything else that we can do then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Like you, I never mentioned anything about it being damaged - just that it was different to their image and missing the bonus disc mentioned on the j-card!

I’d be happy with that, I’m gonna keep it as I do kind of like the rest of it (if only it had the title), if they offered a 15% refund I’d take it.

Reactions: jc2ssych
Forgot I'd ordered this and horrified to see the face spine when I opened it. I thought we were past this BS?
Contact them like I did and say that it doesn't match the image on their website. Going by the experience of Strangerbyday and myself, they will apologise for the damage (!?!) and maybe offer you a partial refund should you still want to keep it...

Personally, I think that the more people that contact them about the issue the better. Whether they'll take any notice or not will be another another matter, but if they find themselves issuing lots of partial refunds (or full refunds for returns), then that SHOULD be telling them something...

Forgot I'd ordered this and horrified to see the face spine when I opened it. I thought we were past this BS?
I keep the steelbook and orderd a spine magnet title on ebay also orderd ones for rest of pixar movies which have the face bad pictures on the spine of the steelbooks

Contact them like I did and say that it doesn't match the image on their website. Going by the experience of Strangerbyday and myself, they will apologise for the damage (!?!) and maybe offer you a partial refund should you still want to keep it...

Personally, I think that the more people that contact them about the issue the better. Whether they'll take any notice or not will be another another matter, but if they find themselves issuing lots of partial refunds (or full refunds for returns), then that SHOULD be telling them something...

Got a message back from them this morning, no partial refund offered. Just apologized that it was "dispatched to you incorrectly" & told me to return it for a refund.

3D Steelbook delivered today
Shipped in a jiffy mailer

Looks like Zavvi have run out of the white cardboad mailers