Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
OPERATION FLASHPOINT 2 : DRAGON RISING
Release Date: October 6th, 2009

Official Site : flashpoint2-game.com

Experience the intensity, diversity and claustrophobia of realistic modern warfare from the unique perspective of Infantry Marine, Helicopter Pilot, Special Forces and Tank Commander engaged against the full force of the Chinese military on a scale never previously experienced in video games. Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising takes players into the most realistic war game experience they¿ll have ever encountered. It provides an unparalleled scope of different military disciplines, vehicles and equipment for players to utilize, and simulates an immense conflict between two advanced military forces. The player's journey is tied into a believable and dramatic storyline set in a vast and incredibly detailed environment.

Play as Infantry soldier, tank commander, helicopter pilot and Special Forces, either single player or cooperatively

Players will battle against platoons of enemy forces, in the biggest battles ever seen in a First Person Shooter video game

Unparalleled levels of realism and variety of military forces, equipment, weapons and tactics

Immense play areas giving the player a multitude of tactical decisions on how to best accomplish missions

Delivers realistic injuries and wounds to the characters, vehicles and buildings within the game

SCREENSHOTS
operation-flashpoint-2-dragon-rising--20080716072441279_640w.jpg

operation-flashpoint-2-dragon-rising--20080716072429482_640w.jpg

operation-flashpoint-2-dragon-rising--20080716072435107_640w.jpg

operation-flashpoint-2-dragon-rising--20080716072425498_640w.jpg

operation-flashpoint-2-20070822010453905_640w.jpg

operation-flashpoint-2-dragon-rising--20090220105505785_640w.jpg

operation-flashpoint-2-dragon-rising--20090220015838270_640w.jpg

operation-flashpoint-2-dragon-rising--20080821033729232_640w.jpg

operation-flashpoint-2-dragon-rising--20080821033734185_640w.jpg

operation-flashpoint-2-20070419021245240_640w.jpg

Operation Flashpoint 2 gives players the freedom to handle military crisis situations on their initiative. Unscripted missions task players with real objectives, such as laying down covering fire, covering a friendly unit’s retreat or conducting short-range recon patrol. Armed with cutting edge military hardware, players will need to balance brute force with intelligent use of tactics. Once players have completed the campaign, a Mission Editor enables gamers to create their own single player and multiplayer missions.

Players command and control a wide variety of multi-component, multi-weapon vehicles, including tanks, infantry fighting vehicles, APCs, attack and utility helicopters. Fully loaded weapons and individual ammunition types are simulated with detailed ballistic physics, based upon individually-crafted mechanics. The character damage system authentically depicts the terrible wounds and injury from modern weapons to communicate the reality of combat.

Players fight as infantry soldiers in battle, drive tanks in armored assaults, pilot helicopters in air strikes, and infiltrate the enemy in covert special operations utilizing a wide variety of realistic military weapons from knives and rifles to machine guns, grenade launchers and laser designators for air strikes. In whichever role the player chooses, they experience the fierce and brutal reality of warfare and the shock and awe of contemporary firepower unleashed on the arresting scale of modern combat.

Immense play areas of more than 135 square miles give players a multitude of tactical decisions on how to best accomplish missions. Densely packed with environment detail and objects, valleys, mountains, coastlines, towns, villages and industrial complexes all combine to deliver a rich and challenging tactical environment. The world is persistent, so that buildings destroyed in one campaign mission will be destroyed in the next.

Operation Flashpoint 2 models the environment, objects and people in realistic detail, but its visual styling will embrace documentary techniques. The camera work through cut-scenes is heavily influenced by television war reports that are often shot under extreme circumstances delivering a unique look with incorrect exposure, severe camera shake and loss of focus.

THIS VIDEO YOU HAVE TO SEE!!! CLICK HERE !!!!!

Tank Fire Vid HERE!

Ego Tech Vid HERE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Price in on the dlc post above.

$4.99 or should be.

I apologize for the delay I was laid off day before Christmas.
Which is where I was posting from normally.

wtf, who lays someone off day before xmas!? Karma is a *****, they deserve their ass kicked!

I was going to get this they have buy 2 get one free at my local block buster on used games but did not think any one played it. I can find two i want but the third is the kicker nothing much there.

Thats the ***** about your job man sorry.

wtf, who lays someone off day before xmas!? Karma is a *****, they deserve their ass kicked!

Yay it sucks they had us box everything up and said we were moving to a better facility... except we didn't...

I was going to get this they have buy 2 get one free at my local block buster on used games but did not think any one played it. I can find two i want but the third is the kicker nothing much there.

Thats the ***** about your job man sorry.

kay

Sorry about you getting laidoff :(

I borrowed this game from a friend, and sadly there is no one that plays online. I searched the servers and only 3 available came up.

That is the misleading part the OPFP only displays public games and will not display private games or games not open for public joining. As playing with private slots makes the game a unranked game, thus people who play only with friends will run a game that is a private.

I hate to say it, public games died because of lack of private servers only people with really good internet connection can host a lag free match, worse of all players forget the whole point of the game and turn it into a rushing match.

I hear Orange Wizard runs some games and a few others.. really to be honest I will have nothing to do with any game that runs unrestricted re spawning which really codemasters should never of let that be an option it only promoted unsportsmanlike behavior.

Im looking foward to what the next patch might bring that might solve the connections issues with only higher connection hosts hosting.. we shall see.

Unless your playing campaign humans really do not actually add anything to real matches because too many people attempt to play this game incorrectly with Rambo tatics sure the game rewards you for being aggressive but when your only tactic is non existent, even good tactics can break down to absolute random behavior..

Of course even random behavior will last 0 seconds to a properly executed death manuver which the current players seem to have memorized to some breath taking skill.

Ive heard of matches ending in less then a minute with a rush blitzkrieg of air and land surprising players who were still setting up.

Be honest I would like to play a good rotation of infiltration maps with some of y'all but alas my priories now are to get a new job...

New patch is up here is the fixlist.

* Online syncronisation has been improved mitigating various issues such as shots fired and missing animations

Host & clients could become desyncronised causing various issues such as shots fired not being recognised and missing animations
* Players now positioned appropriately after exiting a vehicle
* MP Hosts in the lobby setup screen can now "ready up" all other players in order to start an MP game
* Improved multiplayer stability.
* Improved On & Offline stability
* Mines are no longer triggered by neutral (inactive) vehicles
* It is no longer possible to enter aimed view mode while the weapon select OSD is open
* Fly in camera at the start of the Lumber Yard Infiltration mission now behaves appropriately
* Death cam view behaves correctly if the player dies whilst in a vehicle and swapping between 3rd & 1st person camera views
* Medics no longer become unable to move if the player they are trying to heal attempts to heal themselves at the same time.
* Binocular functionality no longer impared by previously selected inventory item
* Players are no longer able to access a locked vehicle by using an unlocked vehicle
* Sessions that you cannot join such as those that contain DLC not present on the players machine now appear as greyed out on the browse server screen.
* If someome without DLC is invited to a game that requires DLC content they will recieve a message explaining this and the game can still be started. They no longer take up a space in the lobby.
* The player is now able to order a fireteam under their control to operate an emplaced weapon
* Weapon torches now turn off properly when swapping out the current weapon via ammo crates with the torch light switched on.
* Game timer is now correctly aligned when viewing the in game scoreboard in Japanese.
* Helicopter chain guns no longer jam
* Ammo counter for Fireteam leaders in PvP matches now counts down the remaining ammo correctly.
* Weapons rotations for a.i. gyrostablised weapons are no longer updated if they've not got a target set.
* The corpse looting inventory updates appropriately when swapping weapons.
* Weapon OSD for the M134 Minigun in the AH-6J Helicopter now displays the correct number of rounds loaded (9999)
* Helicopters no longer make inappropriate wheel contact suface sounds sound when flying over grassland
* The corpse looting inventory now appears appropriately when characters are killed
* Players stance is now correctly maintained after operating an emplaced weapon
* The damaged vehicle icon no longer becomes stuck on screen if the player is spawned into a vehicle just as it becomes critically damaged.
* "Move To" orders now correctly issued to the pilot rather than individual fireteam members when mixed fireteams occupy the crew seats in helicopters.
* Vehicle control responsiveness improved for clients

Personally I would like to report more fluidity or silkness to the handling of helicopters now that might be that im just that good with the helicopters :p
(I play alot of island tour and fly the in game helicopters for hours something that most people do not do..)

The patch is I believe 173mb so its a bigum I think there are fixes that were not listed in the fixlist.

Last edited:
Codemasters' Pull Further DLC Support For Op Flash: Dragon Rising

Codemasters' community manager Ian Webster (aka Helios) has announced via the Dragon Rising forums that there will be no further DLC for the latest Operation Flashpoint.

"I just wanted to inform you all that the team have now completed the “Dragon Rising” chapter of Operation Flashpoint and that’s it for DR-related content going forward," Webster declared yesterday evening.

He added, "We are sorry if Dragon Rising and the two DLCs released to date have left you wanting even more, but in the grand scheme of future plans and schedules the vast majority of the team are already busy planning the future of modern combat.

"We're aware that this news might disappoint some of you, but I kindly ask that you all please keep any future posts on this topic mature and constructive."

Of course that is after the last dlc is released as it was already submitted to Sony.

So can't wait for Sony to release that one im guessing Feb 28 from last I heard.

Like to report the patch also made alot AI improvements.

*AI squad mates who are are following you, if you enter a building the Ai automatically set up defensive positions and in multi floor buildings split up and defend from various floor with no required instruction, when you leave they in a delay leave the building.

This makes buildings a more tactical decision.

*Enemy AI are more aggressive and attempt flanking maneuvers and use boxing tactics when feasible..

*Enemy jeeps are now more dangerous then before, I had 1 perform a hit and run on our squad catching the squad leader off gaurd including me who was playing as the medic.

*Enemy ambushes are now more frequent.

Have to say good patch. :p

I just discovered a new extra code, but I need someone who hasn't already put in the other bonus codes for the fire team missions, because I think its a all in 1 code if you know what I mean.

Code: BLEEDINGBADLY (note 1 word all caps) it unlocks FTE, since I put all the codes in, I didn't see a difference in maps so I think it unlocks all FTE's for those that havn't put the other codes in, making it easier.

So would a kind soul verify this for me, I actually put the code in and OPFP2 registers it as unlocking FTE, so I know its a valid code.

Ill try it tonight or tomorrow depending on how long it takes me to get everything hooked up.

Anyone down for some level co-op? I got like 2-3 levels I need to play and beat on this game and the AI sucks ass.