Oscar Winners 2015

Basil

The Helpful Fox
Premium Supporter
Oct 13, 2013
UK portsmouth
well thought rather than go thru all the threads in here would just stick new thread up as is easier as there is so many....
from bbc news
_73321190_72290666.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30835975

Best picture
Winner: Birdman

Best director
Winner: Alejandro G Inarritu, Birdman

Best actor
Winner: Eddie Redmayne, The Theory of Everything

Best actress
Winner: Julianne Moore, Still Alice

Best supporting actor
Winner: JK Simmons, Whiplash

Best supporting actress
Winner: Patricia Arquette, Boyhood

Best adapted screenplay
Winner: The Imitation Game

Best original screenplay

Best animated short
Winner: Feast

Best cinematography

Best costume design
Winner: The Grand Budapest Hotel

Best documentary feature
Winner: CitizenFour

Best documentary short
Winner: Crisis Hotline: Veterans Press 1

Best film editing
Winner: Whiplash

Best foreign language film
Winner: Ida (Poland)

Best live action short
Winner: The Phone Call

Best make-up & hairstyling

Best original score

Best production design

Best song
Winner: Glory, Selma

Best sound editing
Winner: American Sniper

Best sound mixing
Winner: Whiplash

Best visual effects
Winner: Interstellar

and there you have it :D

basil :thumbs:

well to be honest haven't seen birdman but will be definetly watching in the near future as had heard good things about it before all of this, so if a steel of it was too come up would definetly be on my radar.

Also glad to see the imitation game got an award, not the one i was thinking of but hey ho. when you consider alan turing's work ended world war 2 by an estimated 2 years early just think of the lives that saved. cumberbatch for me was excellent in this.

Also glad to see grand budapest hotel got some awards was a strange film but strange in a very watchable way and well worth a watch imho!

hopefully these awards will make some people go watch some of these films they would have never watched before and see something different :watch:

basil :thumbs:

I didn't see the hype about boyhood except for the way it was filmed over a long period of time. Birdman is brilliant as well as American Sniper but these were some tough films this year

Some shocking embarrassing decisions

Best picture/director : BIRDMAN???

Sorry Richard, I know you spent 12 years making an a movie but we are going to give it to this drivel called birdman?

I knew Benedict wouldn't win but he should have done, The Imitation Game is incredible, his portrayal of Turin is heartbreaking.

I thought the results this year were a nice mix of obvious ones and almost boring choices. JK Simmons winning best supporting actor was well-deserved and I honestly didn't see that coming. Also, the Best Animated Feature category is a no-contest. They should just get rid of it since they always just give it to the Disney movie anyway.

I was think best director will be Linklater and very suprise is that Big Hero gets oscar.

I fill out an Oscar picks every year. This year was supposed to be tougher than most, but I still ended up with 18/24. Which is pretty much what I get every year, no matter what. It's not super hard to "predict" (I just base it off what I read, more than what I thought about the movies). At the end of the day, its a popularity contest and other awards (like the guilds) give a pretty good idea of who's going to win.

The only major "surprise" was How to Train Your Dragon 2 losing. Most people considered that a pretty strong bet. The other ones I missed were either supposed to be close races or where I took an underdog. Still surprised Wes Anderson didn't take one home for original screenplay (and for that matter, I really thought Whiplash would upset in adapted screenplay). But whiffed on both. But those are the breaks. You win some. You lose some. You like some. You don't like some.

@Jericho you guessed that Keaton wouldn't win?

I did. I picked Eddie Redmayne, who seemed to be a slight to moderate favorite (Redmayne won the SAG, BAFTA and Golden Globe. Although Keaton was in a different category for the Golden Globes). Plus the Academy loves to award people playing real people, as opposed to fictional characters.

Reactions: Drum18